Tom Petty to play Super Bowl halftime show

Lil Bit Special

So people in their 20's are "kids"? Really now. I was not implying to just High School and College "kids".

Newsflash: The NFL wants their league to continue, do they not? They HAVE to appeal to the younger culture. Justin Timberlake isn't going to do that. A good Rap or R&B artist will. You can have your 60 year old over the hill performers, but make sure there is a current day one in there as well. Eventually these older fans will die and the younger ones will be left.

Are you kidding me? He is AT LEAST as big as any rapper out there right now. That being said, I don't want to see him doing the halftime show ever again either. And like Bob said, when you are in your 30s-40s you can enjoy your favorite rap star during halftime provided he lives that long.

Nonsense. The people with money don't want to hear that crap. By the time we're dead, Joe, your faves will be on the oldies station and in the Super Bowl halftime show. People who are not yet born at the time I write this will be complaining about it.

Get with the times Bob. Rap isn't just a fad, it's here to stay...just like disco...:)

So people in their 20's are "kids"? Really now. I was not implying to just High School and College "kids".

Newsflash: The NFL wants their league to continue, do they not? They HAVE to appeal to the younger culture. Justin Timberlake isn't going to do that. A good Rap or R&B artist will. You can have your 60 year old over the hill performers, but make sure there is a current day one in there as well. Eventually these older fans will die and the younger ones will be left.

How about a compromise? An over-the-hill performer, rapping.... like, Deborah Harry and Blondie....

:lol:

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high

DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind

Flash is fast, Flash is cool

Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot

Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and you drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night, eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercuries and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Then, when there's no more cars

You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek

One to one, man to man

Dance toe to toe

Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars

Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars

Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall

He's gonna eat 'em all

Rapture, be pure

Take a tour, through the sewer

Don't strain your brain, paint a train

You'll be singin' in the rain

I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be

Just have your party on TV

'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on

And now he's gone back up to space

Where he won't have a hassle with the human race

And you hip-hop, and you don't stop

Just blast off, sure shot

'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars

And now he only eats guitars, get up!

How about a compromise? An over-the-hill performer, rapping.... like, Deborah Harry and Blondie....

:lol:

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high

DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind

Flash is fast, Flash is cool

Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot

Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and you drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night, eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercuries and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Then, when there's no more cars

You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek

One to one, man to man

Dance toe to toe

Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars

Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars

Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall

He's gonna eat 'em all

Rapture, be pure

Take a tour, through the sewer

Don't strain your brain, paint a train

You'll be singin' in the rain

I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be

Just have your party on TV

'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on

And now he's gone back up to space

Where he won't have a hassle with the human race

And you hip-hop, and you don't stop

Just blast off, sure shot

'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars

And now he only eats guitars, get up!

=D>:good::love0030: That song Kicks A$$ Lady Jet ,Thats what I loved about Blondie she Melted the two together and made a Bad A$$ song that will go down in History.She didn't run from rap,and she is a Rcoker,But she gave Hip-hop a Hug and look what Happened ,One of her most famous songs Ever.

Why dont they just show highlight clips of the Gate D halftime festivities on the Jumbotron?

More people will watch that.

Agreed.

Screw the Halftime Show altogether IMO. I hate it. Recent years I've went downstairs to play a couple games of pool with my cousins and or friends.

=D>:good::love0030: That song Kicks A$$ Lady Jet ,Thats what I loved about Blondie she Melted the two together and made a Bad A$$ song that will go down in History.She didn't run from rap,and she is a Rcoker,But she gave Hip-hop a Hug and look what Happened ,One of her most famous songs Ever.

I agree. :)

124, you have to remember that they're trying to appeal to more than football fans in the Superbowl halftime show. There are so many people, who don't watch a single football game all year, that tune it for it. Before my mother-in-law became ill, she would throw a party every year. We never went, because not a single person there actually watched the game. Anyway, I like Petty. I'll be watching.

JC, next time I go to the meadowlands, I'm going to make a point to go to gate D. Everytime I see a guy with manboobs, I'm going to yell for him to show 'em. :lol:;)

I did not read this thread so I may be going against the trend here...I like this choice.

The halftime show is usually painful, especially the musical acts (anyone remember Up With People? lmao). U2 after 9/11 was special, other than that bleeh.

I think Petty is a great songwriter and his band kicks A, and they are not some sort of corporate rubber stamp like Aerosmith.

I did not read this thread so I may be going against the trend here...I like this choice.

The halftime show is usually painful, especially the musical acts (anyone remember Up With People? lmao). U2 after 9/11 was special, other than that bleeh.

I think Petty is a great songwriter and his band kicks A, and they are not some sort of corporate rubber stamp like Aerosmith.

Green Day should play the half time show

Green Day should play the half time show

They're too controversial. Ever since the Janet Jackson fiasco the NFL has made the halftime show as milk and toast as possible. Not saying Green Day is outrageous but there's a risk they'd do something controversial like badmouth the President and the Red States as well as half of Congress would throw a hissy fit.

I'll never forget the Janet Jackson incident. I watched it in a GP large tent in Iraq with about 300 other guys in there at 3AM Iraq time. Everyone in the tent exploded when they saw her old saggy boob pop out.

my guess is that the future big spenders for NFL (season tickets, corporate sponsors) will be younger generation that goes to college and matures out of music that glorifies gangsta callin women ho's and shakin bootys,,They will have matured by the time they are spending money to not care if NFL is highlighting hiphop (they will actually be pissed if NFL is)..and the future big spenders are probably educated enough even at this young age to have a cross mix of tastes and not to be 'put off' by NFL not having hiphop at halftime show..

The future younguns who listen to hiphop 20 years from now will IMHO still watch the NFL regardless of halftime shows,,and as 40 year olds still probably sadly buying every new NFL Replica jersey that the NFL produces..

rickypowell_cover.jpg

I agree. :)

JC, next time I go to the meadowlands, I'm going to make a point to go to gate D. Everytime I see a guy with manboobs, I'm going to yell for him to show 'em. :lol:;)

POTW! :rl:

P.S. If you REALLY want to see that, stop by the JN tailgate party.

Things must be pretty slow over at the old country. Don't you have any of my alter egos to track down? I'll give you a hint. There is one running around there. :lol:

Things must be pretty slow over at the old country. Don't you have any of my alter egos to track down? I'll give you a hint. There is one running around there. :lol:

I'm sure there is more than one running around, lol...unless things get nasty I sometimes miss 'em. Alk, you did not just get out of jail by any chance did you?

I'm sure there is more than one running around, lol...unless things get nasty I sometimes miss 'em. Alk, you did not just get out of jail by any chance did you?

Me get out of jail? I've never been in a jail unless you count the JI Correctional Facility where I am currently serving life without parole. :lol:

Can we get any older with the halftime shows?

Super Bowl XLIII will feature Frank Sinatra.

THAT I would watch.

"I've got you, unnnnder my decayed skin

I've got you deep in the jaws of me

So deep in my heart, that you're flesh...really a part of me

I've got...got....got wannnnt braaainssss"

Props%20-%20CU%20Mummy%20corpse.jpg

Give the gig to Ol' No Eyes. Hopefully he'll tear Beliprick's throat out then.

THAT I would watch.

That is deeply disturbing....yet funny in its own way.:shock::lol:

THAT I would watch.

:rl:POTW NOM!!

Archived