~~~~The OFFICIAL New York Jets at New England Patriots thread~~~~

K2C

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We didnt even try to score there. Its a DISGRACE!

No, Manenious goes for it on 4th down in FG range. Now he's playing scared just like last year against the Colts and that stupid onsides kick. He always get cute at the most mindless time, and then when it fails or backfires, he plays scared the rest of the game.

Oh, the Pats might intercept it!

Great, lets just keep handing it to Thomas "1.2 YPG" Jones and let Graham get his punts blocked for the rest of the game.

Look Barton teh way cahd is playing is perfect for these conditions. he hasn't turned the abll over. ALL three TD's in this game have come directly from turnovers, Chad isn't responsible for either. Just find something else to crticise because it's just sad to target Chad at this point.

Elam jumping on that ball was dumb.. he needed to kick that ball out of the end zone for a safety. We'd be down 12-7 then

Agreed, in the Bills game the punter had the common sense to boot the ball out of the end zone. Our guy wants to recover on the 2 yard line. I like Elam, but the guy has no brain.

I know it is wet but JMac has to make that 3rd down catch. The Jets wouldn't score on that drive but they would have basically killed the clock if they got the 1st down. (Not killed the clock on purpose, they would have tried to score).

They would have gone in down by 3.

JMac -- I hope you give Terry Bradway a nice Christmas present. He did more for you than anybody.

We didnt even try to score there. Its a DISGRACE!

At least our defense is showing they can be solid next year.

The defense still needs a DL and another CB and maybe a LB... They spend way too much time on the field. Too many 3rd downs and 4th downs made into first downs..

The whole "bend don't break" theory seems to be what this Jets defense has become.. And it only works if the offense can score once in a while. Cause in the 4th quarter this defense gets tired and suddenly close games become blow outs.

The defense looks good today, but they've looked good at times this season only to fall apart in the second half. It's partially the offense or lack of an offense and it's partially the defense never able to get off the ball. On that one Patriots drive that they only scored a FG, they were on the field for like 17 plays. The defense needs to hold teams to more 3 and out or 6 and out series or like they have most of the season, they just tire out by the end of the game.

Maybe it's a few new DL and another CB, maybe it's blitzing more, maybe it's something.. But for 2 seasons now, we have the same questions going into next season. Bad DL. Bad OL. Offense can't score. CB's and Safeties aren't that great.

Adrien Clarke vs Richard Seymour

two names you never want in the same sentence

in fairness to Tangini, Seymour owned Kendall too. but still, Adrien Clarke? cmon!!! internet draftniks knew he sucked 3 years ago!

also Abram Elam nice block on punt protection jackass

if you claim street free agents and promote them to significant roles, this is the expected result.

:bag:

stfu

what has cp done , sacked twice already

Eh, exactly but, hasn't turned it over.

Clemens cost us 7 points whereas Chad hasn't been responsible for any. He helped get us in position to put up 3 valuable points but the Mangenious struck again.

Chad has done well considering the circumstances.

The defense still needs a DL and another CB and maybe a LB... They spend way too much time on the field. Too many 3rd downs and 4th downs made into first downs..

The whole "bend don't break" theory seems to be what this Jets defense has become.. And it only works if the offense can score once in a while.

Excellent point.

No, Manenious goes for it on 4th down in FG range. Now he's playing scared just like last year against the Colts and that stupid onsides kick. He always get cute at the most mindless time, and then when it fails or backfires, he plays scared the rest of the game.

Oh, the Pats might intercept it!

Great, lets just keep handing it to Thomas "1.2 YPG" Jones and let Graham get his punts blocked for the rest of the game.

Please stop second guessing. When you play the Pats you need TDs, not FGs. I see the second-guess train is taking off, though!

Weird game, definitely interesting and we still have a shot right now so let's do something good. My lady says we pull it out so let's make it happen.

Btw, give Chad Pennington a top notch offensive line and he gives you a chance to compete and succeed in the nfl. He just knows where to throw the ball to get a completion and move the chains. That's a big deal to some teams.

How is it that the WR's dropping passes and a bad OL was their fault when KC played but as soon as Chad plays, the WR's dropping passes and a bad OL is his fault? Most of us know Chad's time is done and he just isn't the QB this team needs, but come on now.

How is it that some people complain of others being negative yet are the same ones who are nothing but negative posters when it comes to Chad.

Talk about people with agendas.

Mo that's a great call if it works, Brad Smith actually passing the ball is the least thing anyone expects... with good reason but it's still ballsy call. the wind makes that a tough FG.

No it's not a great call.

Look, it's a 2 score game. 3 points will not be easy to come by in this game.

Kick it early, go for it late. That's the way we should play.

No it's not a great call.

Look, it's a 2 score game. 3 points will not be easy to come by in this game.

Of course it's a 2 score game NOW. If the Pats had scored 2 more TDs and were up 21-10 now you'd still be killing Mangini for kicking the FG. It's all relative, and Mangini can't win. WHEN YOU PLAY AN OFFENSE LIKE THE FREAKING PATRIOTS, YOU NEED TOUCHDOWNS, NOT FIELD GOALS.

if they were 10-3 and the season meant something that's a must kick situation i'll agree.

there's no precip so it's not obvious but with the wind today that 40 yard FG is not automatic. plus the Jets are 3-10 they don't have to play conservative.

Of course it's a 2 score game NOW. If the Pats had scored 2 more TDs and were up 21-10 now you'd still be killing Mangini for kicking the FG. It's all relative, and Mangini can't win. WHEN YOU PLAY AN OFFENSE LIKE THE FREAKING PATRIOTS, YOU NEED TOUCHDOWNS, NOT FIELD GOALS.

Totally agree with you.. Against the Pats, you need TDs, not FGs.. How long can the Jets defense hold the Pats from scoring? Very few teams have done that this year and even the couple of games where teams sort of did the Pats still scored TDs late in those games.

You need TDS to keep games close against the Pats.

Please stop second guessing. When you play the Pats you need TDs, not FGs. I see the second-guess train is taking off, though!

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't post "kick a FG" before he called the flea flicker. I just didn't see that play coming. :lol:

And what a brilliant concept "you need TDs, not FG's to beat the Pats". That's right up there with, "You can't stop Randy Moss, you can only hope to contain him".

Why did they bring Nugent? They could have brought another player instead.

Go find somebody else to play me and my shadow with.

time of possession:

22:08 pats-7:52 jets

this tells the story

TOP usually balances out by the end of the game as the team from behind gets shots in garbage time so a few minutes differential at the end of the 4Q is less staggering.

first half TOP should be available in box scores its a gut level statistic

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't post "kick a FG" before he called the flea flicker. I just didn't see that play coming. :lol:

And what a brilliant concept "you need TDs, not FG's to beat the Pats". That's right up there with, "You can't stop Randy Moss, you can only hope to contain him".

What are you talking about? The Jets haven't been able to score TDs all season long and have settle for FGs most of the season. How has that worked out? Oh yeah they have 3 wins.

If the score was 21-10 now you'd be killing Mangini. That's why it's called second-guessing. Mangini can't win with this fan base. I feel sorry for him.

Archived