Sign Philip Rivers as free agent, trade draft pick

SouthernJet

not true,,he is real dealand will be around as a top shelf qb for many years,,trust me,

and we will be players,,schott will see to that,,its the wayu he can sell his sytem to woody/mangini,,get me aguy who can implement my system,,we will court him,,he may use us to get more monet from SD , but due to schott/mazzone/cotch, rivers will allow jets to court him,,and we will ,,TRUST ME,,remember,,I live in raleigh,,there are certain people we know who are very much in contact with Philip..

u may not like him, but Jets are gonna make a play for him..

LOL, lay off the booze man.;-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, lay off the booze man.;-)

what a signing like this would show us is that this team is actually interested in getting better. Rivers would be a perfect fit PERFECT-with his old college receiver and coach and the coach that he became an NFL starter under and with a chance to become the starter HERE. I can easily see Mangini opening up competition at QB again if we can pull this off-I hope SJ is right and I hope Max is right with HIS scenario....now if we can somehow get Chad Johnson...and oh yea the 3 new starters for the OL-we may have cause to be excited again around here

Problem #1-I don't think Rivers is a FA.

Problem #2-If he is, he'll undoubtedly be franchised, meaning it will cost a 1st and 3rd round pick. Not worth that at all.

Problem #3-If by some chance in hell the Chargers let him go in FA while not having even one other viable QB on the roster and don't franchise him, there's definitely something alot worse with the kid than we all know. Bottom line, this ain't happening.

Good QB's don't just go off to other teams in FA without a whole lot of circumstance around it (ie the team has a young QB they drafted and want to play). Drew Brees was the only good QB in years that switched teams. Otherwise yuou have the Culpeppers, Holcomb, Garcia's of the world. They keep moving along for a reason. Donovan McNabb is soon going to be joining that list.

Great idea SJ!

Besdies Gates Rivers has absoutley NO ONE to throw too. Sure they have to respect the run when you have LT back there, but if you people think Clemens is turning to be Manning or Brady..YOUR WRONG! Here is a QB who can play the games, let's just build around him.

Rivers is not consistent given what he has with the superchargers. How on earth can someone say he will be successful here. No disrespect to Baker and Jones, but they are not Gates and Tomlinson and he still cannot get it done. We have bigger problems

Great idea SJ!

Besdies Gates Rivers has absoutley NO ONE to throw too. Sure they have to respect the run when you have LT back there, but if you people think Clemens is turning to be Manning or Brady..YOUR WRONG! Here is a QB who can play the games, let's just build around him.

Chri Chambers is a very underated WR and his production was crippled by Miami's QB situation. Gates is about as good as any WR when it comes to getting open and catching.

Also, that LT guy aint bad when it comes to catching the ball either.

He is absolutely surrounded by talent.

Chri Chambers is a very underated WR and his production was crippled by Miami's QB situation. Gates is about as good as any WR when it comes to getting open and catching.

Also, that LT guy aint bad when it comes to catching the ball either.

He is absolutely surrounded by talent.

Chambers is not that good of a WR. Rivers and McFadden on this team would look great.

not true,,he is real dealand will be around as a top shelf qb for many years,,trust me,

Why should anyone trust you? You're the one that gave the Patriots the "tick" and predicted the Jets would win more games than them in 2007. :lol:

Philip Rivers has a great command of the game plan, has good leadership skills, a very accurate passer when not throwing interceptions. Unfortunately, he has the funky motion and weak arm strength.

Is he any better than Chad?

The best plan is to fix the OL see if Clemens is capable. Trade/keep Chad another year or sign a free agent. Draft another QB (second day) if we really need to but Rivers is not the answer.

Philip Rivers has a great command of the game plan, has good leadership skills, a very accurate passer when not throwing interceptions. Unfortunately, he has the funky motion and weak arm strength.

Is he any better than Chad?

The best plan is to fix the OL see if Clemens is capable. Trade/keep Chad another year or sign a free agent. Draft another QB (second day) if we really need to but Rivers is not the answer.

Plus Rivers has got lots of CLASS just like the Chargers organization

so much class that he spent hours last night trash talking on field vs the Broncos

The Chargers were talking all kinds of smack last night, especially in the 2nd half, in a game that the Broncos had no chance of winning.

Stay classy San Diego. Hypocrites.

do they not remember they under achieved half of the year.

Nope.

They are once again thinking they are the best team in the NFL even though they have lost to the Pats, Packers, Chiefs (once), Vikings & Jags.

The Pats, Packers & Jags are in the playoffs. The Vikings have a very good chance of making it. The Chargers squeezed out a win against the Colts after Manning threw 6 picks and Vinateri missed a chip shot field goal.

BTW: Why would Rivers leave a playoff team to go to the Jets?

Rivers W-L record at this point in his career is the best or top 3 all time of all QB's at the time of the same # of starts in their careers. A lot has to do with the talent he is surrounded with but he also had NE dismissed lat year in the play-offs cept for a fumbled INT.

So what he trash talks against Denver(a division rival) .....Brady has done the same(Pitt) and went after Lynch in his last play-off loss to Denver.

One day you guys complain we don't sign low character guys and the next you complain about Rivers talking trash.

I am not hugely sold on Rivers yet but the fact that he talks trash is a non factor.

Rivers W-L record at this point in his career is the best or top 3 all time of all QB's at the same # of starts in their careers. A lot has to do with the talent he is surrounded with but he also had NE dismissed lat year in the play-offs cept for a fumbled INT.

So what he trash talks against Denver(a division rival) .....Brady has done the same(Pitt) and went after Lynch in his last play-off loss to Denver.

One day you guys complain we don't sign low character guys and the next you complain about Rivers talking trash.

I am not hugely sold on Rivers yet but the fact that he talks trash is a non factor.

Brady can talk trash all he wants as he has actually done something in the NFL. Rivers? Not so much.

If the Jets somehow happen to get Rivers I will laugh my arse off. You guys deserve better than that.

Brady can talk trash all he wants as he has actually done something in the NFL. Rivers? Not so much.

If the Jets somehow happen to get Rivers I will laugh my arse off. You guys deserve better than that.

Exactly what I was about to say.

Comparing Rivers to Brady is like comparing a turd to chocolate.

As I said I am not 100% sold on him yet but this is only his 2nd year and you were lucky as sh&t to beat a team he QB'd last season in the play-offs.

As I said I am not 100% sold on him yet but this is only his 2nd year and you were lucky as sh&t to beat a team he QB'd last season in the play-offs.

The Pats were lucky to beat the Chargers last year. I agree. Rivers had nothing to do with that as he played like garbage.

His stats: 14 of 32 for 230 yards. Zero TD's and 1 pick. That is worse than Chad.

The Pats were lucky to beat the Chargers last year. I agree. Rivers had nothing to do with that as he played like garbage.

His stats: 14 of 32 for 230 yards. Zero TD's and 1 pick. That is worse than Chad.

Agree he wasn't great in his 1st play-off game......Brady was pretty bad that game as well. Again I am not saying he is upper echelon yet. Just pointing out trash talk plays zero into evaluating him.

Archived