2008 Opponents

Maxman

This schedule is going to cost Joisey a fortune next year!

Indeed. I'm thinking of saving my money for road trips in 2009 (Tampa Bay, Miami and or New Orleans) and just head to one road game next year (New England). Maybe even Miami next year too.

If the Jets have a good offseason there's no reason they can't go 7-1 with that home schedule. The road schedule has some tough games. And what's with the NFL choosing all the California teams out of the West divisions and having the Jets play them on the road, while all the non-Cali teams (and some teams like St. Louis and KC that shouldn't even be in a West division) come to NY? Weird.

I am surprised that an East Coast team would play both West Divisions in the same year. The bigger surprise is that we get road games against the 4 farthest teams, and home games against the 4 closer ones.:confused:

Oh well. Them's the breaks.

I dont think a team is allowed to stay in a state or city like that, because all teams have to travel 8 times. That would be unfair if one team travels only 7 times. I think its in the rule book somwhere. If its not a rule teams would do it all of the time.

We traveled 7 times this year. ;)

124 you are not alone with your thinking... 2009 New Orleans trip is a blast... I may just hit Buff or Miami again with Tenn an outside shot

New Orleans 2009. That has to be a group event. I will even make the trip for that one!!!

It was posted on Jets.com. The only thing that changes is based on the teams performance thats who their last team is. Example since we had a horrible season we wont play a team that had success in our last game. The Pats had an amazing year which means they would play a good team in their last game.

To make it "more clear" for everyone.

Your schedule is made this way:

6 games against the other 3 in your division

4 games against another division in your conference. Rotate divisions every 3 yrs

4 games against a division in the other conference. Rotate every 4 yrs.

2 games remaining are against the team that finished in the "same place" as you did in the other 2 divisions in your conference. For instance, we're in 3rd place this year. We'll play the AFC North and AFC South 3rd place team (Tennessee, Cincy)

So 14 of the 16 games are set.. 2 games vary based on standings the year before. Even the home/away rotates. For instance, next year we play the AFC West, all 4 teams. In 2011, we'll play the AFC West again, but we'll rotate and play the teams we play at home on the road, and visa versa.

We end up playing Tennessee 3 times on the road in a row because in 2007 and 2008, the AFC South team we play that finishes the same place as us happens to be on the road. It just happened to be the same team that finished in the same place as us.

Of course, this all assumes the NFL sticks with this schedule generation method beyond 2009 which I don't see why they would not.

This schedule is going to cost Joisey a fortune next year!

Your not kidding especially if I can line up the seattle game with my dream vacation I`ve been thinking about for years. For those of you travel Channel buffs who have ever seen that show on that 1st class train ride through like 5 of the national parks , (The American Orient Express)Yellowstone, the grand tetons, Zion , there`s` a couple of others also ,I`ve been thinking about this trip the last 3 years & it starts and ends in Seattle ,it`s big bucks for the presidential Suite I would want of course ,but I`d love to tie this in with the JET game in Seattle...

124 you are not alone with your thinking... 2009 New Orleans trip is a blast... I may just hit Buff or Miami again with Tenn an outside shot

Yep. 2009 we should be a much better team and New Orleans would be a kickass time. I think that will be the JetNation Road Trip of the year. Also, as you know, I will be drinking legally in 2009. :cheers:

2008 for me is New England and MAYBE Buffalo or Miami.

Your not kidding especially if I can line up the seattle game with my dream vacation I`ve been thinking about for years. For those of you travel Channel buffs who have ever seen that show on that 1st class train ride through like 5 of the national parks , (The American Orient Express)Yellowstone, the grand tetons, Zion , there`s` a couple of others also ,I`ve been thinking about this trip the last 3 years & it starts and ends in Seattle ,it`s big bucks for the presidential Suite I would want of course ,but I`d love to tie this in with the JET game in Seattle...

WOW ! If I thought my dream trip was expensive last year Since last year I guess this thing was sold cause it no longer is called the American Orient Express ,it is now called Grand LUXE rail journeys and my 9 dayDream Vac. train ride from either Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks to the Seattle AREA 9/3/08-9/11/08 or 9/17/08-9/25/08 or reverse the trip Seattle Area to Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks 8/30/08--9/07/08 or 9/13//08-9/21/08.............my classic Presidential Suite would cost me for the 9 day total drum roll please............$6,600 This might be my last road game till New Orleans in 2009 this doesn`t figure in the hotel in seattle or the game ticket or the liquer bill for the 2 weeks.....

Archived