2008 Opponents

Maxman

Home: Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Away: Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Home: Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC North, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Away: Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC West, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Definitely some wins possible on that schedule

Theres only one winning record on our home schedule and we all know who that is.

And theres four winning records on our road schedule. The thing is theres gonna be four flights to the west coast . Which could tire the team out.

Definitely some wins possible on that schedule

Yes. I was thinking 14 and 2 myself. Have to see how the draft goes though. Right now I don't see them sweeping New England. If they do 15 and 1 is possible. The Miami road trip is a loss though either way.

Is this "subject to change", or is it pretty reliable?

It was posted on Jets.com. The only thing that changes is based on the teams performance thats who their last team is. Example since we had a horrible season we wont play a team that had success in our last game. The Pats had an amazing year which means they would play a good team in their last game.

Home: Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Away: Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Home: Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC North, Buffalo, Miami and New England

Away: Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC West, Buffalo, Miami and New England

That home schedule looks very easy.Some very tough road trips ahead though in San Diego, Seattle and Tennessee.

What looks good now though could look incredibly tough by the time the games come around. No one knows at this point.

That home schedule looks very easy.Some very tough road trips ahead though in San Diego, Seattle and Tennessee.

What looks good now though could look incredibly tough by the time the games come around. No one knows at this point.

just like this year when it looked like we had a very difficult schedule it turned out to be a pretty easy one except we still stunk.

Theres only one winning record on our home schedule and we all know who that is.

And theres four winning records on our road schedule. The thing is theres gonna be three flights to the west coast plus a very long flight to seattle. which could tire the team out.

Wait. Seattle's not on the West Coast?

Hopefully we begin the season on the West Coast. Do not want may far away trips in December, if we are a playoff calibear team.

Maybe even a possible two straight west coast game stretch where the team remains and practices out in California. Highly unlikely they would do that, so hopefully its stretched out.

Hopefully we begin the season on the West Coast. Do not want may far away trips in December, if we are a playoff calibear team.

Maybe even a possible two straight west coast game stretch where the team remains and practices out in California. Highly unlikely they would do that, so hopefully its stretched out.

I dont think a team is allowed to stay in a state or city like that, because all teams have to travel 8 times. That would be unfair if one team travels only 7 times. I think its in the rule book somwhere. If its not a rule teams would do it all of the time.

Were probably going to have two of them before our bye,and 2 after our Bye. it would be better for us if we took 3 before the bye,and one after that way theres only one long trip during crunch time.

I hope Seattle is back to back weekends with either SF or SD...would be an awesome 2 week vacation

That would be pretty cool,but not for me( I have to get an education lol). My dad takes his friends and me on one road trip a year,to usaully see the bills(my dads friend is a huge fan) but sometimes we see them play the jets. WE stay in the hotel the jets stay in I once got like 30 autographs that night.

my dads friend wants to go see the rams vs buffalo in st.louis but im gonna try and get that turned into a JET @ sea or sd or SF.

If the Jets have a good offseason there's no reason they can't go 7-1 with that home schedule. The road schedule has some tough games. And what's with the NFL choosing all the California teams out of the West divisions and having the Jets play them on the road, while all the non-Cali teams (and some teams like St. Louis and KC that shouldn't even be in a West division) come to NY? Weird.

I am definitely going to 2 of the three west coast games, I can get into real trouble in cali!

I hope Seattle is back to back weekends with either SF or SD...would be an awesome 2 week vacation

I'm definitely doing one of the west coaster trips. I'm sure that the NFL would not schedule consecutive coast to coast trips, but then again the Jets always seem to get screwed over. SF seems like the 1st choice for me, but the calendar will be the final decision maker.

I'm definitely doing one of the west coaster trips. I'm sure that the NFL would not schedule consecutive coast to coast trips, but then again the Jets always seem to get screwed over. SF seems like the 1st choice for me, but the calendar will be the final decision maker.

san diego is reasonably close to LA, and I hear its a fun town, maybe I could get some of my LA ladyfriends to come out for it.

thats whack

y dont we ever play in KC

Is this "subject to change", or is it pretty reliable?

This is the finalized list. If you look here under Jets Information - 2009 Opponents we have the list for that year, except there are some unknowns (depends on what place you finished in).

But the list for 2008 is locked in. Right before the draft in April they usually release the schedule.

I know a couple of people on this forum live in Seattle, but as a frequent visitor there for the last 30 years, I might be able to help some people thinking about traveling for this game as far as downtown hotel locations, restaurants, bars, blah, blah, blah goes.

Seattle is a great city!!!!

Looking forward to meeting and gigging with some of you.

cheers,

d

Archived