Kiss McFadden goodbye!

K2C

Mangini would never draft a kid that was arrested prior to the draft..would he?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/10/mcfadden.fight.ap/index.html

He`s a young kid out with a few friends having a few beers in a rowdy bar ,$h*= happens he`ll out grow his immaturity, in fact this probably makes him work even harder to prove himself now..

RB isn't a need on this team...don't understand why people want this kid so much, for that amount a money. THAT ISN'T A NEED. Its beyond me. Also Reggie Bush was a 'gamebreaker' 'franchise back' 'once in a lifetime' player.....not calling him a bust, however I'm glad we didn't fall for the hype.

Because he's easily the best player in the draft and would give the Jets a legit playmaker on offense.

We have playmakers on offense....all starts in the trenches, till thats fixed nothing will change. And no i'm not saying to draft Oline with the 6th pick.

The jets have so many needs to focus on one player is not meaningful- one player will not turn around this team

You should tell Mangini that. Apparently he thought last offseason that he only needed 2 players, while losing one O-lineman and not bothering to replace him.

One player might not turn around a team, but you certainly aren't going to turn around the team with no players. Great teams have franchise players. All of them. The players to build around. Even the weaker teams at least have franchise players. We do not have them, at least not on offense (not like our defense scares anyone either though). This is why we can go 4-12 without injuries. The Dolphins next year with Ronnie Brown back and with better coaching will win more games than us unless we make drastic changes this offseason.

This thread is a complete example of how to divulge the wrong information. This is in no way meant to put you down, but it is to show why its better to read an article and even post the entire thing before throwing out accusations. to sum it up:

McFadden was not arressted, he was briefly put in handcuffs because he was pissed that his little brother got jumped. He was not fighting. He was injured in a fight in 06 but that obviously didnt tarnish his image. I get the feeling that you simply saw he got handcuffed, assummed he got arressted and labeled him as scum without even reading through the circumstances.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/10/mcfadden.fight.ap/index.html

McFadden handcuffed in bar fight

Arkansas star running back released without charges

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Heisman Trophy runner-up Darren McFadden was handcuffed by police and then released without charges after being involved in a "pretty rowdy scene" at a piano bar early Thursday.

Arkansas' All-American running back and at least four others were at the downtown bar when a disturbance broke out shortly after midnight, police Lt. Terry Hastings said. A bouncer was hit in the face as he was trying to get the group to leave, Hastings said. A police report did not specify who hit the bouncer.

"There was a whole bunch of people there," Hastings said. "They were inside and it spilled out into the street."

Outside, McFadden was handcuffed by a police officer "because he was agitated and was provoking aggressive behavior inciting the incident," according to the police report.

"We handcuffed him for a few minutes because he was rowdy," Hastings said.

McFadden, who was the only person handcuffed, was released after he calmed down. Hastings said it was routine procedure to handcuff a person to gain control of a situation.

McFadden's mother, Mini Muhammad, said her son was trying to protect his younger brother, Daryl.

"He wasn't the one that was fighting. It was his little brother -- someone had jumped on him," Muhammad said. "He was agitated because his brother had a bloody nose."

"Darren was not fighting -- please make that be known," she added.

Hastings said bar employee Brant Hankins was advised that he could pursue charges against the person who hit him. The police report classified the incident as misdemeanor battery.

In the summer of 2006 in a fight outside another Little Rock club, McFadden severely injured his toe, but recovered in time to play in the Razorbacks' season opener.

McFadden, who also finished second in the 2006 Heisman voting, holds Arkansas' career and single-season rushing records. The junior has yet to decide whether he will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft.

McFadden was to be honored at the Little Rock Touchdown Club's annual banquet Thursday night.

If this were to cause him to slide to six, the Jets wouldn't take him because he apparently didn't sell enough girl scout cookies.

It's not okay to draft a guy that has been arrested. It's only acceptable if they are a borderline roster spot street free agent like Abraham Elam.

If this were to cause him to slide to six, the Jets wouldn't take him because he apparently didn't sell enough girl scout cookies.

It's not okay to draft a guy that has been arrested. It's only acceptable if they are a borderline roster spot street free agent like Abraham Elam.

McFadden needs to stop going to these bars though. You would think he'd learn. Actually most pro athletes would be well advised to avoid these places late at night.

I know a few guys that are trying to make it as pros and they spend a lot of time training and seem to avoid partying and alcohol.

This thread is a complete example of how to divulge the wrong information. This is in no way meant to put you down, but it is to show why its better to read an article and even post the entire thing before throwing out accusations. to sum it up:

McFadden was not arressted, he was briefly put in handcuffs because he was pissed that his little brother got jumped. He was not fighting. He was injured in a fight in 06 but that obviously didnt tarnish his image. I get the feeling that you simply saw he got handcuffed, assummed he got arressted and labeled him as scum without even reading through the circumstances.

McFadden handcuffed in bar fight

Arkansas star running back released without charges

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Heisman Trophy runner-up Darren McFadden was handcuffed by police and then released without charges after being involved in a "pretty rowdy scene" at a piano bar early Thursday.

Arkansas' All-American running back and at least four others were at the downtown bar when a disturbance broke out shortly after midnight, police Lt. Terry Hastings said. A bouncer was hit in the face as he was trying to get the group to leave, Hastings said. A police report did not specify who hit the bouncer.

"There was a whole bunch of people there," Hastings said. "They were inside and it spilled out into the street."

Outside, McFadden was handcuffed by a police officer "because he was agitated and was provoking aggressive behavior inciting the incident," according to the police report.

"We handcuffed him for a few minutes because he was rowdy," Hastings said.

McFadden, who was the only person handcuffed, was released after he calmed down. Hastings said it was routine procedure to handcuff a person to gain control of a situation.

McFadden's mother, Mini Muhammad, said her son was trying to protect his younger brother, Daryl.

"He wasn't the one that was fighting. It was his little brother -- someone had jumped on him," Muhammad said. "He was agitated because his brother had a bloody nose."

"Darren was not fighting -- please make that be known," she added.

Hastings said bar employee Brant Hankins was advised that he could pursue charges against the person who hit him. The police report classified the incident as misdemeanor battery.

In the summer of 2006 in a fight outside another Little Rock club, McFadden severely injured his toe, but recovered in time to play in the Razorbacks' season opener.

McFadden, who also finished second in the 2006 Heisman voting, holds Arkansas' career and single-season rushing records. The junior has yet to decide whether he will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft.

McFadden was to be honored at the Little Rock Touchdown Club's annual banquet Thursday night.

I read it.

Handcuffs=arrested.

You think Mangini cares if he was taken away or not? The fact he put himself in that situation is alarming to some enough.

I read it.

Handcuffs=arrested.

You think Mangini cares if he was taken away or not? The fact he put himself in that situation is alarming to some enough.

It flew right over your head. Abram Elam got a lot further than mere handcuffs, it went all the way through trial and he was convicted. That's quite a few steps beyond what happened to McFadden.

And also that is the source of a lot of the bitter sarcasm here that you are missing. A "Mangini" guy seems to be someone that lacks talent, and he is hypocritical in applying his character requirements. Elam has that criminal history and Coles is not a good soldier, he talks too damn much to give with "Mangini guy." Baker got punished for way less after all.

Mandunce needs to stop trying to portray this hardass image and instead worry about getting talent and coming up with good gameplans beyond run up the gut for nothing, run up the gut for nothing, incomplete pass. The man won't start young players unless there is an injury, and sides with veterans. Sound familiar? Conservative coach that favors vets and loves Chad Pennington, where have I seen this before? A guy that neglects the O-line and drafts defensive players? Hmm, who was that...

It flew right over your head. Abram Elam got a lot further than mere handcuffs, it went all the way through trial and he was convicted. That's quite a few steps beyond what happened to McFadden.

And also that is the source of a lot of the bitter sarcasm here that you are missing. A "Mangini" guy seems to be someone that lacks talent, and he is hypocritical in applying his character requirements. Elam has that criminal history and Coles is not a good soldier, he talks too damn much to give with "Mangini guy." Baker got punished for way less after all.

Mandunce needs to stop trying to portray this hardass image and instead worry about getting talent and coming up with good gameplans beyond run up the gut for nothing, run up the gut for nothing, incomplete pass. The man won't start young players unless there is an injury, and sides with veterans. Sound familiar? Conservative coach that favors vets and loves Chad Pennington, where have I seen this before? A guy that neglects the O-line and drafts defensive players? Hmm, who was that...

Nope..I still get it. ;)

But I couldn't agree more with your 3rd paragraph! Mangini needs to take a hard look in the mirror and ask himself if he is willing to push talent to the side with "history" in order to field another team similar to 2007.

Nope..I still get it. ;)

But I couldn't agree more with your 3rd paragraph! Mangini needs to take a hard look in the mirror and ask himself if he is willing to push talent to the side with "history" in order to field another team similar to 2007.

Don't worry, if he does that again this offseason he is gone by the end of next season.

Yeah, I mean it's not like college students go to bars to hang out at all.

Most don't go to start fights or punch bouncers in the face!

If you tell me I have a chance at 20-30 million guaranteed in about 3 months than I would certainly keep myself out of potentially bad situations..such as going to a bar.

Hit up a liquor store and have your friends at your place.

Most don't go to start fights or punch bouncers in the face!

If you tell me I have a chance at 20-30 million guaranteed in about 3 months than I would certainly keep myself out of potentially bad situations..such as going to a bar.

Hit up a liquor store and have your friends at your place.

I agree completely. Bar fights aren't that common though I have to admit. I can see why someone would defend him, but to me, looking at $25-30M I don't care if it's not common, I don't see the need for the risk.

Also how do these people get caught? The cops are not that fast! If you beat the crap out of someone you have ample opportunity to get the hell outta there before anyone gets there. You might not want to make a beeline for your car if there are witnesses, but you still shouldn't have a problem.

I agree completely. Bar fights aren't that common though I have to admit. I can see why someone would defend him, but to me, looking at $25-30M I don't care if it's not common, I don't see the need for the risk.

Also how do these people get caught? The cops are not that fast! If you beat the crap out of someone you have ample opportunity to get the hell outta there before anyone gets there. You might not want to make a beeline for your car if there are witnesses, but you still shouldn't have a problem.

Justin Miller, who is pretty fast, did make a Bee line out of there last summer, and they still caught him hiding in a parking garage.

Archived