Interesting Stat re: ELI

LionelRichie

interesting comparison through ~ 8 starts.

its amazing what happens when a QB is given a chance to develop and a decent offensive line. if clemens was a 1st rd pick instead of a 2nd nobody would be debating who the starter was next season and whether or not the jets need to draft a QB.

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck Rate

E Manning 95 197 48.2 1,043 5.3 6 9 13 55.4

Clemens 130 250 52.0 1,529 6.1 5 10 27 60.9

its amazing what happens when a QB is given a chance to develop and a decent offensive line. if clemens was a 1st rd pick instead of a 2nd nobody would be debating who the starter was next season and whether or not the jets need to draft a QB.

E Manning 95 197 48.2 1,043 5.3 6 9 13 55.4Clemens 130 250 52.0 1,529 6.1 5 10 27 60.9

Who knows. Sometimes people need to give credit where credit is due. Tiki retired. Shockey was a non factor or injured and the Giants were expected to finish worse than the Jets. Coughlin was on his way out. Have to give them props for turning the season around and have to give Eli props for having played very good over the past month+ of the season. People choked all over Big Ben a couple years back but really, besides the Colts game, he wasn't that impressive. Eli has thrown like 1 pick(against the Pats) in the last month or something.

I don't like the Giants but it is funny how Tiki was bashing the Gaints and Eli and now what's the story? They made it to the SB without him.

But back to the OP... Rivers sat for a few season. Eli started from like week 8 or something in his first season. I gotta say I've been more impressed by Eli than Rivers at this point. San Diego made it this far cause of Volek last week and because of the rest of the team. While Eli isn't putting up big numbers, people are praising Brady today for a 2TD 3 Pick game... Can't really bash a guy for throwing for 225+ yards, guiding the team down into FG range plenty of times and never turning the ball over. What was the point in sitting Rivers for 2 seasons? Doesn't seem like he's any better for it.

Eli still blows.

The old one we know and love will show up two weeks from now in Arizona.

I was a pretty big critic of his for a while, but I don't know now. When they announced that stat that the Giants led the league in dropped passes with 60-something? Damn, that's a lot. 4 drops every single game? All those prematurely ended drives, all those points taken off the board, and the on-paper lowering of his own stats.

I've seen him look pretty terrible even this year. But he's looked damn good the past bunch of games & the playoffs in particular.

We'll see how he does in 2 weeks I guess.

I was a pretty big critic of his for a while, but I don't know now. When they announced that stat that the Giants led the league in dropped passes with 60-something? Damn, that's a lot. 4 drops every single game? All those prematurely ended drives, all those points taken off the board, and the on-paper lowering of his own stats.

I've seen him look pretty terrible even this year. But he's looked damn good the past bunch of games & the playoffs in particular.

Eli has taken so much crap, nice kid, quiet Kid, unlike CB.

He has arrrived and i applaud him, he played great last 4 weeks.

Hopefully Gints heal up and give satan a game.

That's not so bad when you consider Brandon Jacobs had about 30 drops against the Redskins on SNF.

Eli still blows.

The old one we know and love will show up two weeks from now in Arizona.

only you would be as foolish to say Eli blows after winning 3 road playoff games against top defenses

got a reggie bush joke to make yourself feel better?

What makes you think this???

He absolutely shredded the Pats D in week 17 and IMO he can do it again.

I seem to recall him throwing a classic Eli interception in the 4th quarter of that game.

Eli threw 20 picks this year....he had the same TD/INT that Rex Grossman had last year! And Rex wasn't so bad in the playoffs until he got to Miami.

A week before Manning suddenly morphed into Peyton Manning, according to some of you, he completed 7 passes and threw 2 interceptions against the mighty Bills. He blows...he's the same inconsistent, up and down player he's always been. It's not like he's never had a good stretch before...but he has NEVER sustained it. And he won't.

Say what you want about the Kid and regardless of what he does from here on out, you have to say Eli was one of the better QB's in 2007-2008 season. People praise Big Ben yet he's hasn't exactly been a great playoff QB.

Eli and the Giants won in Tampa, in Dallas, and in Green Bay. They knocked off the top 2 seeds so regardless of what you say about the NFC, it wasn't like they were from the AFC and got placed into the NFC for the playoffs. They won on the road and Eli was one of the reasons they won.

So whatever you say about the kid, he showed up for the playoffs this season and in that Pats game he played very good. YOu really can't say he sucks at this point because he did guide his team to a super bowl. He might not be great, but last time I checked, getting to the super bowl is all you can ask of your team and QB.

He threw 4 TDs in three games and was carried by his defense.

You pour the concrete, I'll start building the statue.

Carried by his defence???

How many turnover against those TD's troll??? ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!!

Quit while your ahead if your going to start criticizing Manning's playoff performance this year, seriously, it's pathetic.

Carried by his defence???

How many turnover against those TD's troll??? ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!!

Quit while your ahead if your going to start criticizing Manning's playoff performance this year, seriously, it's pathetic.

I'm not ****ing criticizing him, I'm just not joining in on your circle jerk over four above average weeks. I remember what he looked like pre-Pats game. And I remember the entire rest of his career where he would do **** like this for a month or so and then go back to being an interception machine.

I agree 100%.

I'm stating to change my opinion of Eli as well.

I'm not ****ing criticizing him, I'm just not joining in on your circle jerk over four above average weeks. I remember what he looked like pre-Pats game. And I remember the entire rest of his career where he would do **** like this for a month or so and then go back to being an interception machine.

You don't get the point. All it takes one good post season to be remembered forever.

If Namath doesn't make a prediction or win that super bowl, he probably isn't ever brought up. When you win everything changes.

Say whatever you want, 4 good games and a super bowl berth makes some careers.

Troll, Eli has ALWAYS had the physical abilities and the football smarts to be a top tier QB. His problem was always between his ears, more accurately confidence. That NE game did numbers for his confidence and seemed to be the impetus that really got him to believe in himself. On top of that, his receivers have dropped a ton, and I mean a ton of passes this year. Amani Toomer had been aweful up until NE. Shockey was atrocious, so much so that Kevin Boss was a huge upgrade. Burress had been hurt all season. Eli had next to no support all year. Hey, i don't love the kid but he i a good QB and will become one of the better ones in the league. He just took the typical 3 years that QB's usually take to be a quality NFL QB. Remember those days that we actually gave a QB time to adjust? It's paying of for the Giants now.

Eh, it's called development.

His brother wasn't exactly an instant classic either.

It's funny how JMAC and others dropping passes and the Jets bad running game and OL is the reason KC didn't look good. Yet Eli's receivers I think led the league in dropped passes and in all honesty, their running game isn't anything to brag about or has big name stars but Eli Sucks.

I used to think he was overated and overhyped, but at this point, you have to say the Giants made the right deal. Rivers looks more overhyped at this point on probably the best team on paper in the NFL while Eli is in the super bowl in his 4th season in the NFL.

I seem to recall him throwing a classic Eli interception in the 4th quarter of that game.

And Toomer dropped a TD pass, Plaxico bobbled away a pass to the 3, and there were others. And with your criticism, you'd think he was playing in a dome today & should never throw an incomplete pass or an interception.

I don't give a crap about him or his we're-above-the-NFL family, but the guy played great today. Despite a bunch of key dropped passes & bad officiating, he still put his team to win the game 3x after it was 20-20. Had a hell of a lot better game than Brady did on an equally important stage today with a -27 degree wind chill to deal with.

If his name wasn't Eli Manning, I'm sure you'd think he played great the past month.

A lot of teams would have just give up after a pick and a fumble on the same play, two missed field goals, and then the Packers win the toss in OT.

I not only give Eli credit for his resilence, but the entire Giants team. We saw the Chargers collapse after the pick and fumble last year. We see the Jets fall apart after missed FGs and we see Chad just fall apart after a turnover.

What we saw out of Eli and the Giants today was a team who refused to lose. A shady roughing the passer call, some key drops, missed FGs, bad fumbles, and yet, they still found a way to win.

Eli might not ever be great, but at least this season, he's a kid who didn't throw one damn pick in 3 playoff games on the road.

How many other teams have made it to the super bowl after playing 3 games on the road? Not very many. Saying Eli had nothing to do with that is just somebody who can't accept reality.

Keep in mind the same board that criticized Eli so harshly had many posters that supported Chad Pennington vigorously. Eli may be up and down, but at least his highs are true highs. Chad had the same ****ty lows (if not worse) but could only dream of the highs that Eli would be able to turn in at times.

I'd rather have a player like Eli that has bad games but has the potential of beating top teams. Eli seems to be the opposite of Chad in that regard too, and even his own brother. Eli might suck against bad teams, but put a top level opponent in front of him and suddenly he will go out there and look great. That's kind of what you want, the rest of the team should be enough to win against the dregs of the league, and to get to a Super Bowl you'll have to beat at least 2 great teams.

Eli has done the same crap his entire career. He goes through hot stretches and then follows it with prolonged cold stretches. He's just happened to get hot at the right time. Sorry, I don't buy that he suddenly figured everything out in week 17 of his fourth season. He will come back down to earth with a thud, just like he always does.

Eli has done the same crap his entire career. He goes through hot stretches and then follows it with prolonged cold stretches. He's just happened to get hot at the right time. Sorry, I don't buy that he suddenly figured everything out in week 17 of his fourth season. He will come back down to earth with a thud, just like he always does.

It may not end in the Superbowl though.

E Manning 95 197 48.2 1,043 5.3 6 9 13 55.4

Clemens 130 250 52.0 1,529 6.1 5 10 27 60.9

I agree with you.

Eli had 3 good games, and now he is a measuring stick for qb development,:lololol:

Semper fi

eli is now going to one more super bowl than the jets have been to in my 32 years on this planet. that means eli - 1 and

todd, o'brien, ryan, nagle, brister, foley, mirer, lucas, vinny, quincy, chadwick - 0

it's time for the jets to give clemens a chance and provide him with the best potential for success. that means building the oline and giving him better weapons at wr.

Archived