Oakland Saga continues

Bravejamriot

Yup, just wait to be fired and then sit and collect millions.... hmmm I wonder if Al Davis will hire me....

and also if he resigns he couldnt be a coach for another NFL team until his contract were to expire without the Raiders recieving compensation I believe.

Al Davis may be a senile old bastard that has lost touch with football and reality, but I will repeat one last time that he is one of the greatest football men of all time. Without him the AFL probably would have lost the war and the Jets would probably be a mere footnote. The New Jersey Generals of the 1960s.

Agreed but since then he has lost touch with reality.

and also if he resigns he couldnt be a coach for another NFL team until his contract were to expire without the Raiders recieving compensation I believe.

Imagine being in Al Davis' office when he makes that phone call.

Hello, Kiffin? It's me, Al. Listen. I want to fire you as coach. But I don't want to be on the hook for your $2M salary in case you don't land a HC job this year (or ever again) elsewhere. Further, if anyone hires you before your contract with Oakland would have been up, I want to retain your rights so I receive draft picks as compensation from your new team. So I figure what's in my best interest and in your worst interest is for you to resign instead of formally firing you. I've taken the liberty of having a resignation letter drafted for you to sign.

(pause)

Yes. Yes, I'm serious.

(pause)

What's so funny?

(pause)

What does the dosage of my medication have to do with anything?

(pause)

Mars? No, I'm not from Mars. I --

(click)

Hello? Hello?

(hangs up phone)

I will never understand people.

Raiders | Green team's next head coach?

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:27:25 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders will likely hire former Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green as their new head coach if Kiffin does leave the team, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Raiders | Green team's next head coach?

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:27:25 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders will likely hire former Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green as their new head coach if Kiffin does leave the team, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

LMAO....The Crypt keeper strikes again.

I'll agree that when younger Davis has done a lot for football, but the NFL should seriously consider taking the franchise away from him, he is turning a once great franchise into an absolute circus. I can't see how a credible coach will ever want to coach the raiders until davis leaves.

Sure, sure, they should take control away from Al Davis. They'll just let the Lions keep rolling along. I mean they are super credible.

They should just make a new reality show called "Who Wants to Coach the Raiders?" to pick the next coach. With the writer's strike, that would make for some compelling tv. They would have to schedule it pretty late though so the kids watching during "family hour" don't get nightmares from watching Al Davis.

Honestly, who would take that job. Why would Dennis green even consider it? All Green taking the job would do is create more press conferences for Coors Light to use.

dennis-green-crown.jpg

AL DAVIS IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS! AND I TOOK THE JOB ANYWAY...

Because noone else will Hire Dennis Green after the debacle in Arizona!

They should just make a new reality show called "Who Wants to Coach the Raiders?" to pick the next coach. With the writer's strike, that would make for some compelling tv. They would have to schedule it pretty late though so the kids watching during "family hour" don't get nightmares from watching Al Davis.

Dude, don't say that too loud. With all these realty shows I wouldn't put it past some network.

Raiders | Team denies it asked Kiffin to resign

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:39:39 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Oakland Raiders denied a report Friday, Jan. 25, that owner Al Davis asked head coach Lane Kiffin to resign after Davis allegedly made a resignation letter for Kiffin to sign. "There is no issue here," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said. "There was never an issue here. There's nothing to it."

Archived