no shockey at the parade

joewilly

anyone else find it odd that shockey wasn't on the sidelines of the sb or in the parade today?

faba you should know this one. yer a huge giants follower ain't ya ;)

He was hanging in Miami getting his hair cut.

Hes part of the team he was an important player in helping the Giants succeed this season.He suffered an injury playing in a game. Im sure him being on crutches or not be able to put weight on his leg played a big part in him not being there.

Why is it a good majority of you guys dont like players with attitude and guts like Shockey.

The Jets could definitley use a few players with ATTITUDE.

Id take him on the Jets.

I would dare say the Giants improved and became the champions they are due to him not playing. He is clearly a cancer and a bad influence on the clubhouse. I hope they send him elsewhere.

you're probably right. also, i think eli becomes obsessed with giving him his touches to keep him happy that he neglects other receivers and becomes overly-dependant on shockey.

Hes part of the team he was an important player in helping the Giants succeed this season.He suffered an injury playing in a game. Im sure him being on crutches or not be able to put weight on his leg played a big part in him not being there.

Why is it a good majority of you guys dont like players with attitude and guts like Shockey.

The Jets could definitley use a few players with ATTITUDE.

Id take him on the Jets.

:rl: sorry but I don't know why I find it so ironic that jetfan1580 aligns himself with shockey.

legs been broke for quite a while now. you can bet yer a$$ i'd be with my teamates for a nyc parade with my teamates. i think there's more to it than that

:rl: sorry but I don't know why I find it so ironic that jetfan1580 aligns himself with shockey.

legs been broke for quite a while now. you can bet yer a$$ i'd be with my teamates for a nyc parade with my teamates. i think there's more to it than that

He broke his fibula not your ordinary broken leg. Whatever dude.

He broke his fibula not your ordinary broken leg. Whatever dude.

there's only the 2 main bones in the lower leg. I actually never broke my leg so I can't comment on it but i've seen plenty of folks with full casts gettin around pretty good. they sit on a float & don't really walk it right?

Hes part of the team he was an important player in helping the Giants succeed this season.

How??

Honestly??? They were much much better after his injury and were an average team before that. He is a good TE and I'm not debating that but he didn't at all play a big part in the success of the Giants.

I broke my fibula and I couldn't walk for 3 months. At the SB Shockey was on crutches and putting no weight at all on his broken leg.

I didn't realize that. I thought once it was in a cast & set for a whiloe it was ok. I'll not only apologize to jetfan1580 i'll shut up as well :)

Shockey is a douche. rather than being with his team mates on the side lines, he was pounding down the beers in a luxury box. what a great team player. as you can see, the Giants missed him dearly. :rolleyes:

yeah bill, i'm actually blown away that this so called screamer & cheerleader on the sidelines chooses not to be with his teamates. I never liked the guy

Shockey is a douche. rather than being with his team mates on the side lines, he was pounding down the beers in a luxury box. what a great team player. as you can see, the Giants missed him dearly. :rolleyes:

I hate shockey but this is not his doing

Gints Policy is that injured players are to be in box

I'm sure you didn;t have to twist his arm though, the Dos Equis were flowing;)

was he sulking? he definitely deserved to be there, i wonder what the story is.

if the roles were reversed...and moss had been hurt through the playoffs, and the pats had one...

hmmm???

i'm guessing we would be seeing even more "thug turd" threads from our traffic lawyer. :indifferent0023:

He had a beer and mixed drink in front of him when the tv cameras showed him. What a clown.

Most teams don't let players on crutches or with broken bones or concussions on the sidelines for games. Too much of a risk of getting further injured when the play comes at the sideline.

Who cares if he had a beer while sitting in the luxury box?

For all those ripping Shockey for not being on the sideline, ask Phil Simms where he was for the '90 Super Bowl when he was hurt. He didn't even make the trip, he was on his couch in Franklin Lakes because he said it would have been too tough to watch from the sidelines. Yet I never heard anyone rip the golden boy for that.

Shockey is outspoken, mostly to a fault, and is an idiot on the field and thinks he is Bavarro. For that he should be ripped, here, in my mind he didn't do anything wrong.

If they want to dump him, I sure wouldn't mind seeing him in green.

Most teams don't let players on crutches or with broken bones or concussions on the sidelines for games. Too much of a risk of getting further injured when the play comes at the sideline.

Who cares if he had a beer while sitting in the luxury box?

For all those ripping Shockey for not being on the sideline, ask Phil Simms where he was for the '90 Super Bowl when he was hurt. He didn't even make the trip, he was on his couch in Franklin Lakes because he said it would have been too tough to watch from the sidelines. Yet I never heard anyone rip the golden boy for that.

Shockey is outspoken, mostly to a fault, and is an idiot on the field and thinks he is Bavarro. For that he should be ripped, here, in my mind he didn't do anything wrong.

If they want to dump him, I sure wouldn't mind seeing him in green.

I agree Shockey in a Jets uniform would be an instant improvement to a stagnant offense that cant score in the red zone.

Maybe if the Jets had a TE or WR that demanded the ball and wanted to make big plays like Shockey one of our pansie QBs would step up and throw the dam ball.

Or maybe they'll try to force things and make mistakes.

Shockey is a decent TE, but has been overated. Compare Eli with and without Shockey this season, NFL playbook did a great job analysing how Shockey was actually negatively affecting the Giants passing game. He wasn't anticipating the ball well at all and didn't get his head turned to the QB nearly as well as Boss did. He has loads of talent but his production has not at all lived up to the hype. I would not be happy if the Jets invested too much into him.

Eli played so sparatic all year long lets just not lay the blame on Shockey.Eli has a nice reciever corps Burress, Toomer,Smith,Tyree,Moss.Add Boss and Shockey at TEs and youve got targets.The Jets do not compare with the Giants in WR or TE category thats a fact.

As a longtime suffering Jets fan I yearn for stars like Shockey even if they dont win they will make things interesting around here instead of losing and being dull.

I would dare say the Giants improved and became the champions they are due to him not playing. He is clearly a cancer and a bad influence on the clubhouse. I hope they send him elsewhere.

Riddle me this, if shockey were playing, would Tyree have been in the game to make the big catch? Or anyof the few other big plays that guy made? Without shokey, when the gints want to go 4 wide they really go 4 wide and not 3+te wanna be wr.

Riddle me this, if shockey were playing, would Tyree have been in the game to make the big catch? Or anyof the few other big plays that guy made? Without shokey, when the gints want to go 4 wide they really go 4 wide and not 3+te wanna be wr.

The Giants go 3-4 wide with Shockey who sometimes lines up as a slot reciever. This guy would bring us some balls and attitude.The Jets are a dull team and being losers makes dull worse. Shockey would be like Broadway Joe back in the day.

anyone else find it odd that shockey wasn't on the sidelines of the sb or in the parade today?

faba you should know this one. yer a huge giants follower ain't ya ;)

You can't drink beer on the sidelines dumbass. They showed him up in one of the boxes with three or four beers in front of him. :lol: Don't know about the parade though. He probably didn't feel like he had a real part in winning it so he just sat it out.

Archived