AP Reporting It Looks Bad For Roger

Maxman

F- Congress

Let them worry about our recession, not Clemens roid problems

Congress and government as a whole is needed in this situation because baseball, as it is fairly obvious, cannot govern itself. I'm sure there are a plethora of things that they would rather be doing than talking to people about steroid use in he national pastime. Major League Baseball is to blame for this.

Congress and government as a whole is needed in this situation because baseball, as it is fairly obvious, cannot govern itself. I'm sure there are a plethora of things that they would rather be doing than talking to people about steroid use in he national pastime. Major League Baseball is to blame for this.

Ding-Ding-Ding. If Pud Selig and the boys decided to meet this problem straight on instead of just sweeping it under the carpet MLB would not be in this mess.

The only thing that they have cared about or ever will is

$$$$$$$$$

F- Congress

Let them worry about our recession, not Clemens roid problems

This is just one of the MANY committee's at work right now. Just because this is the only one televised doesn't mean this is all that congress is doing right now. If you listened at the beginning, you would have heard the discussion on leaving to vote, which the head senate and house members said they would sit though, missing on all votes for today.

Each member of the House is on an average of 4(give or take one) committees, and last I know of, the Senate is an average of 7 committees. Mulitply that times 535(total number of house and senate members), and you can see how many committees are going on at once. ONE is for steroids. ONE. There are several, several for the economy, foreign policy, education, etc.

The senators and representatives that we need to be working on the economy right now, are working on it. Besides, even if we had everyone working on the economy, there would just be 535 "great" ideas being thrown around.

So can we stop this "our congress needs to be focusing on more important things" crap. They are, and if these guys were the best at the economy, they'd be working in an economic committee right now, not this one.

For what it is worth....

Got this from Colin Cowherd show.

Burton who was grilling McNamee and calling him a liar and all that is the same guy who kept after Clinton after the whole Monica Lowinski affair. This guy later on was found out to have been having an affair and fathered a child out of that affair. So he comes off looking like a major hypocrite.

Clemens has screwed himself with the whole Nanny situation. His lawyers started freaking out when she basically told them that Clemens, his wife and kids were at the Canseco gathering.

Not good

A hypocrital politician? No way! ;)

This is all such bull it's disgusting.

1) Lets be clear here - EVERYONE IS LYING. So what's the point here? Who is lying less?

2) Honest to God, there is a war being raged in Iraq, people are being slaughtered in Africa, A recession is right around the corner, there is a health care crisis going on.....but THIS takes center stage? Unfrickinbeleiveable.

What the congressman said was by his lies to everyone, he ruined Clemens rep and wasted time for everyone involved.

You omit the fact that he's telling the truth about Clemens despite the fact that Mcnamee is said douche. Anyone that thinks Clemens is innocent after this needs to have their head examined.

You omit the fact that he's telling the truth about Clemens despite the fact that Mcnamee is said douche. Anyone that thinks Clemens is innocent after this needs to have their head examined.

Who is telling the truth? McNamee? He admitted he to lying to other investigators, why not here also. I am not saying Clemens is innocent, but McNamees credibility is shot. Its hard to believe anything he says

Who is telling the truth? McNamee? He admitted he to lying to other investigators, why not here also. I am not saying Clemens is innocent, but McNamees credibility is shot. Its hard to believe anything he says

Except for the fact that he has no reason whatsoever to say Roger Clemens used. He implicated Knoblauch and Pettite, and they both corroborated it. There was no incentive for McNamee to add Clemens in simply to embelish his testimony to get him out of any kind of jail sentence. Clemens has every reason to lie, McNamee really didn't have any.

No one's going to argue with you that McNamee is not the more reliable source. But If you went through all the testimony and the statements that was made by Pettite can you honestly tell me that, Pettite was "mistaken" about the conversation he had with Clemens?? When Clemens was asked some serious questions, not once did he give a direct answer. All he said was he worked hard, and that he was a forgiving guy. I'm not saying he's guilty, but he is.

Probably for the drug dealing comments.

Why didnt he apologize to Clemens then for insinuating that he told the Nanny how to respond to the questions she was going to face. Waxman had an agenda here and to me he proved that he has Clemens labeled as guilty before anything else.

Why didnt he apologize to Clemens then for insinuating that he told the Nanny how to respond to the questions she was going to face. Waxman had an agenda here and to me he proved that he has Clemens labeled as guilty before anything else.

You are correct, I am sure he was convinced that Clemens is guilty before today's committee hearing and the Pettite testimony was probably what sealed it for Waxman. As for Waxman insinuating that Clemens tried to coach the Nanny on how to respond, how do we know that Clemens didn't do that. It looks very fishy, and I am not stating one way or another. To me if you were objective coming in, I doubt you can leave thinking Clemens in innocent. Again, Mcnamee is not a credible guy, but he did not once change his story about Clemens' steroid use. But if you look at everything that has gone on within the last 6 months. Roger Clemens has been caught changing his story to quite a few things.

Did anyone notice, that the party lines were being drawn with Republicans protecting Clemens and Democrats going after Clemens. I feel pretty embarrassed to be a registered republican.

I would be embarrassed to be a member of either political party.

Archived