DeWayne Jarrett DUI

JETSFAN5180

i absolutely LOVE jarrett.. people think he is overrated.. but he is a big possesion receiver.. think of him as plaxico burress who can catch... not a bad thing to have..

and the fact that some people think steve smith (the one from usc) is better than jarrett cuz of his speed is retarded.. smith drops A LOT of easy passes.... there is a reason jarrett dominated at usc....... cuz he is a dominate reciever.. GET HIM... other than this DUI i have never heard any bad character stories about him

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=394223

We need to make a deal for this kid.This is obvioulsy his ticket out of Carolina.This years WR class is poor.What about a 2-3rd pick for him.Bring him home he played high school ball in New Brunswick and had an outstanding career at USC.

Come on Mangini take a chance you wont be sorry for.

Yes, we must deal for him. As if being dog slow, lazy, not attentive in the film room is not enough, now he is driving drunk. How can we pass on him? He's the total package!

Yes, we must deal for him. As if being dog slow, lazy, not attentive in the film room is not enough, now he is driving drunk. How can we pass on him? He's the total package!

Do we need a WR? Does this years draft offer any legitimate WRs.Ok the kid made a mistake so what we all make mistakes.Go look at film on this kid at USC.He did not play college football for Pete Carroll or USC if hes such a bad kid.

A change of scenery may be whats needed especially when its closer to HOME.

Do we need a WR? Does this years draft offer any legitimate WRs.Ok the kid made a mistake so what we all make mistakes.Go look at film on this kid at USC.He did not play college football for Pete Carroll or USC if hes such a bad kid.

I like DJ..but close to home=more opportunities to **** up.

Steve Smith was a steal for the Giants last year. Great pick, really good possession receiver.

Jarrett, not so much.

If you really believe what you posted, then you must not have watched Jarrett play much. He's an OUTSTANDING WR and was USC's "go to" guy. Unbelieveable catch after unbelieveable catch. I'd bring him here in a heart beat.

I didn't say he was a bad kid. I said he was a ****ty wr.

If you really believe what you posted, then you must not have watched Jarrett play much. He's an OUTSTANDING WR and was USC's "go to" guy. Unbelieveable catch after unbelieveable catch. I'd bring him here in a heart beat.

I watched him in college and I thought he was way overrated. He seemed big and slow to me. I was right.

From the Great Blue North Draft Report :

Dwayne Jarrett's rather pedestrian 40 times (4.64, 4.65) at his Pro Day workout yesterday have some people putting a second-round grade on the USC wideout. Those times were much slower than the 4.4 that fellow WR Steve Smith turned in at the Combine and slower even than LB Dallas Sartz's 4.58 and DL Travis Tofi's 4.57 yesterday. Jarrett's pass-catching workout wasn't smooth, either. His cuts weren't nearly as sharp as Smith at least one scout said Jarrett looked stiff. So Jarrett's final draft grade is going to be hard to slot. His production and numbers are impressive and he certainly is a great target but those speed numbers and less-than-impressive workout after foregoing the Combine is sure to raise red flags.

He followed that up with a stellar 6 catch season at Carolina. They need wrs too, Keary Colbert started in front of him and Jarrett was inactive (coaches decision) for much of the year. I know, let's sign Charles Rogers!

I didn't say he was a bad kid. I said he was a ****ty wr.

I watched him in college and I thought he was way overrated. He seemed big and slow to me. I was right.

From the Great Blue North Draft Report :

He followed that up with a stellar 6 catch season at Carolina. They need wrs too, Keary Colbert started in front of him and Jarrett was inactive (coaches decision) for much of the year. I know, let's sign Charles Rogers!

No way learn the game the guy was a highlight film in college and could stretch the field with YAC. Something we havent had in years in a Jets uniform.

i absolutely LOVE jarrett.. people think he is overrated.. but he is a big possesion receiver.. think of him as plaxico burress who can catch... not a bad thing to have..

and the fact that some people think steve smith (the one from usc) is better than jarrett cuz of his speed is retarded.. smith drops A LOT of easy passes.... there is a reason jarrett dominated at usc....... cuz he is a dominate reciever.. GET HIM... other than this DUI i have never heard any bad character stories about him

Are you posting under the influence right now?

No way learn the game the guy was a highlight film in college and could stretch the field with YAC. Something we havent had in years in a Jets uniform.

IMO, you don't stretch the field with YAC. You do that before the catch by scaring the D about the deep ball. How will Jarrett do either of those things when he is slower than the defensive linemen? Remember, those times were from his pro day on a fast track.

If you are right, I'm not the only one that has to learn the game, because the guy only managed six catches for the Panthers. I'm sure they wanted some more out of him. I hated him as a prospect coming out and I hate the idea even more now. I'm sure some day he might morph into a big slow posession wr, like a Joe Jurevicius, but we need somebody that is ready for prime time NOW and he is not.

Dwayne Jarrett has six more NFL receptions than everyone in this year's draft class.

No way any of these rookie WRs can top that amazing production next year.

This kid was ripped by Steve Smith for not even knowing the playbook.

His season was such a waste that not only did he not play alot, he was declared inactive for much of the season. Meaning he didn't even dress !!

He was probably the biggest waste of a high draft pick last year.

He has Mike Williams written all over him.

ha.. 40 times are overrated..

jarrett has shown he is a good reciever playin at the highest level.. winning national championships.. and last time i checked, dont we have guys like tim dwight and brad smith playin reciever? jarrett is better than them.. get ur head out of ur ass

jarrett has shown he is a good reciever playin at the highest level.. winning national championships.. and last time i checked, dont we have guys like tim dwight and brad smith playin reciever? jarrett is better than them.. get ur head out of ur ass

It seems many like the Jets the way they are LOSERS I dont.We need PLAYERS and guys that can make a difference.This years WR pool flat out sucks.Jarrett is way better than any WR in the draft.If on opening day Coles is our #1 it will be another long season of not scoring many passing TDs.Oh thats right we have Brad Smith how could I forget.

Jarrett could be had for a steal now is the time.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

First of all, Tim Dwight played for the Raiders last season.

Second of all, the Pac-10 is not the highest level of football, the NFL is. And Jarrett flat-out sucked in the NFL last season.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

First of all, Tim Dwight played for the Raiders last season.

Second of all, the Pac-10 is not the highest level of football, the NFL is. And Jarrett flat-out sucked in the NFL last season.

Jarrett was not given the opportunity to play last year.Bad scene for him in Carolina change of scenery turns this kid into a superstar.Let it be for the Jets. We need WRs with Coles being almost gone on draft day.

IMO, you don't stretch the field with YAC. You do that before the catch by scaring the D about the deep ball. How will Jarrett do either of those things when he is slower than the defensive linemen? Remember, those times were from his pro day on a fast track.

If you are right, I'm not the only one that has to learn the game, because the guy only managed six catches for the Panthers. I'm sure they wanted some more out of him. I hated him as a prospect coming out and I hate the idea even more now. I'm sure some day he might morph into a big slow posession wr, like a Joe Jurevicius, but we need somebody that is ready for prime time NOW and he is not.

I am not signing a DUI. Do you think the trouble stops here. This guy will be suspended some time this year if this one doesn't do it. This is nuts. Maybe Hollywood Henderson will come out of retirement for us.

I am not signing a DUI. Do you think the trouble stops here. This guy will be suspended some time this year if this one doesn't do it. This is nuts. Maybe Hollywood Henderson will come out of retirement for us.

Please stop the predictions put away the crystal ball and the 8 ball. The KID made a MISTAKE. What WR in this years draft is better than Jarrett. USC National Champions Jarrett a big part of it.

dwight was on the jets.. as a fourth receiever acouple years ago... and i meant highest level as in college.. pac10 or not jarrett was still good.. i am just sayin anybody is a upgrade from who we have now.. honestly ask people who arent jets fans if they kno any of our recievers.. they mite kno coles and that guy who had the play of the year last year... no one knows cotch.. we have no play makers catchin the ball

Jarrett was not given the opportunity to play last year.Bad scene for him in Carolina change of scenery turns this kid into a superstar.Let it be for the Jets. We need WRs with Coles being almost gone on draft day.

He played in seven games last year. The guy couldn't beat out Keary Colbert or Drew Carter...he's never going to be a superstar.

He is an EXACT clone of Mike Williams. Except Mike was better in college. Maybe Mike just needs a change of scenery too. 4th team in two years, please let us be that team. It's gotta click sometime.

Coles complaining means hes gone that leaves us with Cotchery who I like but Brad Smith and all others are NOTHING. Jarrett would be an excellant pickup.You guys kill me last year how many passing TDs did this team have? But yet we have quality WRs and need nobody.Are you guys serious or have you been drinking too much N.J water.

dwight was on the jets.. as a fourth receiever acouple years ago... and i meant highest level as in college.. pac10 or not jarrett was still good.. i am just sayin anybody is a upgrade from who we have now.. honestly ask people who arent jets fans if they kno any of our recievers.. they mite kno coles and that guy who had the play of the year last year... no one knows cotch.. we have no play makers catchin the ball

And I suppose everyone knows Dewayne Jarrett and his 6 career NFL receptions. Lots of players are good in college. That doesn't mean they will be a good pro. For example: Dewayne Jarrett.

Coles complaining means hes gone that leaves us with Cotchery who I like but Brad Smith and all others are NOTHING. Jarrett would be an excellant pickup.You guys kill me last year how many passing TDs did this team have? But yet we have quality WRs and need nobody.Are you guys serious or have you been drinking too much N.J water.

DEWAYNE ****ING JARRETT IS NOT A QUALITY ****ING RECEIVER! HE SUCKS! HE'S AWFUL!

No one is saying we don't need a playmaking receiver. We do. A drunk driving, slow as dog****, second round BUST does nothing to help us.

1) Cotchery is definitely a YAC guy.

2) Jarrett sucks. He was a second round draft pick and didn't bother to learn the playbook. Even after Steve Smith publicly called him out, he still didn't get his **** together. Where is his appeal coming from?

And I suppose everyone knows Dewayne Jarrett and his 6 career NFL receptions. Lots of players are good in college. That doesn't mean they will be a good pro. For example: Dewayne Jarrett.

Im done arguing with you guys.Its like wrestling a pig in the mud sooner or later you realize the pig is enjoying himself.

I WILL GO ON RECORD AS SAYING DEWAYNE JARRETT WOULD BE A GREAT PICKUP AND HELP THE JETS.

Im done arguing with you guys.Its like wrestling a pig in the mud sooner or later you realize the pig is enjoying himself.

I WILL GO ON RECORD AS SAYING DEWAYNE JARRETT WOULD BE A GREAT PICKUP AND HELP THE JETS.

And I will go on record as saying Dewayne Jarrett will be out of the league in 3 years.

I wonder why they didn't play him last year? it must have been their great depth at WR, or it could be he's a total bust and he sucks.

I'd rather take my chances in the draft, at least we have a chance they won't blow

Why do people have such a hard-on for this guy?

He is slow as molasses and he did absolutely nothing last season. He was even less productive as a rookie than Mike Williams.

Absolutely ... did he even play much? I think Drew Carter and Keary Colbert had better seasons than DJ. I actually drafted him in my fantasy league, and by week 3, he was on the waiver wire, where he stayed ...

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought "Wow where's he been?"

I didn't hear of him at all last year. I guess nobody did. I liked the kid at USC, and thought he was drafted at about where he belonged. Thought he was slow, but had great hands.

The 6 catch season raises some real red flags. Many games he was inactive. That means he was probably the 5th best receiver on the team. I don't care about his DUI, stuff happens. I do care that he only had 6 catches on a team that seems to need WR's. Something's going on there.

No way I would give up a 3rd or 4th. (particularly a third, we don't have one) I'd talk to the kid, if he had some kind of story, and seemed like he was going to work hard, I'd surrender a 6th. If he sucked, or had a major attitude in camp, cut em'. Wouldn't cost much. Bonus paid by the Panthers.

Kid does have great hands.

Jarrett is just too slow to play in the NFL. It's a shame because he isn't a waste of space like Mike Williams - he actually wants to be good.

On a side note I always found it funny that this guy did the ultimate FU to Rutgers University. He was an all-american at Tony Montana Memorial High School in New Brunswick, New Jersey - basically played in the Scarlet Knights backyard as a kid - and he decides to travel 3,000 miles to play at USC instead of staying home.

Archived