I bet we'll trade our 6th to NO if......

PLAYMAKER29

Dorsey, or Ellis is on the board if w epick. According to this article http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=97C23E8EE6187825BCDE9DE531252FC8?id=09000d5d80725350&template=with-video&confirm=true NO realy wants Dorsey, or Ellis, but neither of them will be there by 10, so if on eof them is there, and Gholston is gone I say we do this trade....

NO gets-

#6 overall

NYJ gets-

#10 overall, and

NO's 3rd round pick

I say it's a fair trade for both teams, and heres my mock if its like that

1st round 1-10

MIA- Chris Long

STL- Jake Long

ATL- Matt Ryan, or Glenn Dorsey

OAK- Vernon Gholston

KC- Ryan Clady

NO- Sedrick Ellis, or Glenn Dorsey(depending on Atlanta's pick)

NE- DMC

BAL- B. Brohm, or Matt Ryan(depending on Atlanta's pick)

CIN- Keith Rivers

NYJ - Leodis Mckelvin, or DR Cromartie, or Mike Jenkins

Our 2-3 rd picks

#36- BAWR

NO's 3rd they gave us- Carl Nicks

What do you guys think?

Dorsey, or Ellis is on the board if w epick. According to this article http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=97C23E8EE6187825BCDE9DE531252FC8?id=09000d5d80725350&template=with-video&confirm=true NO realy wants Dorsey, or Ellis, but neither of them will be there by 10, so if on eof them is there, and Gholston is gone I say we do this trade....

NO gets-

#6 overall

NYJ gets-

#10 overall, and

NO's 3rd round pick

1st round 1-10

MIA- Chris Long

STL- Jake Long

OAK- Vernon Gholston

KC- Ryan Clady

NE- DMC

CIN- Keith Rivers

Our 2-3 rd picks

#36- BAWR

What do you guys think?

Personnally I'd love it but I honestly think Carl Nicks will be gone in the 2nd round (Carolina? ) so he won't be there.

The guys on Jets Nation (on NYS), think the Jets are fixed to trade the pick.

On a side note, how is it that Ray Lucas is the best that show can do for "offensive analysis," the guy is really simple minded (in contrast he makes Buttle look reasonably opinioned)?

NO gets-

#6 overall

NYJ gets-

#10 overall, and

NO's 3rd round pick

1st round 1-10

MIA- Chris Long

STL- Jake Long

OAK- Vernon Gholston

KC- Ryan Clady

NE- DMC

CIN- Keith Rivers

Our 2-3 rd picks

#36- BAWR

What do you guys think?

No way in hell does NE take DMC, not with their aging LB corps and almost non-existent secondary. Also, theres a very low chance that Nicks makes it to rd 3. Most people have him going early/mid 2nd round, and some even have him coming off late in the 1st round.

I would actually be pretty upset with this trade as well, picking 10th puts us in a worse spot then we are at 6, because who knows whose goiing 6-9...

Personnally I'd love it but I honestly think Carl Nicks will be gone in the 2nd round (Carolina? ) so he won't be there.

After Carl Nicks' stunt the other week where he got in trouble with the cops, his stock has plummeted drastically. Becuase of the crackdown goodell is having on the players, from the different sites i go to it seems as though he's more a 3rd round prospect now. He wasn't allowed to go to Oklahoma's proday and a lot of teams are very dissinterested; i still like him a lot as a RT and since we have callahan i wouldn't be surprised if we go after him with a 4th moving up or if we get a 3rd.

Would trade down to the 10th overall pick for New Orleans 3rd in a heartbeat. We've dealt with them before this offseason, why not again? The less $ we have to give to a Receiver or Corner, the better.

....In round 7.

If we trade our 6th overall for a 7th rder two years ago, I might just stop being a Jets fan, lol.

Colston is a beast and steal in round 7 have you ever seen this kid play.Hes big,fast and has great hands.He would surely be our coveted #1 WR. How did he play in our backyard and go unnoticed.The talk was our 1st round pick to N.O for there 1st round pick and a player. Or did I miss something.

Colston is a beast and steal in round 7 have you ever seen this kid play.Hes big,fast and has great hands.He would surely be our coveted #1 WR. How did he play in our backyard and go unnoticed.The talk was our 1st round pick to N.O for there 1st round pick and a player. Or did I miss something.

How did we miss him? We didn't miss him, nobody expected him to be drafted and I'm sure if he went undrafted and was a rookie free agent we would have been one of the first teams bringing him in.

No, the talk was their 1st and 3rd round pick.

#10 and their 3rd for our #6 is a little short. They need to throw in a 4th, but of course, we have their 4th.

So, I say #10 and their 2nd rounder for our #6, and both 4th rounders.

Personally, Id rather keep our #6 and two 4ths then have a #10, two 2nds, and no third, fourth, or fifth rounders.

Personally, Id rather keep our #6 and two 4ths then have a #10, two 2nds, and no third, fourth, or fifth rounders.

I can see it either way.. Im just saying what would be fair trade chart wise....

However, if you held a gun to my head, I'd rather 3 picks in the top 41 or so...

On a side note, how is it that Ray Lucas is the best that show can do for "offensive analysis," the guy is really simple minded (in contrast he makes Buttle look reasonably opinioned)?

get his name out're mouth, or there will be consequences! :box:

No way in hell does NE take DMC, not with their aging LB corps and almost non-existent secondary. Also, theres a very low chance that Nicks makes it to rd 3. Most people have him going early/mid 2nd round, and some even have him coming off late in the 1st round.

I would actually be pretty upset with this trade as well, picking 10th puts us in a worse spot then we are at 6, because who knows whose goiing 6-9...

carl nicks will be available late because he and Purify just got arrested last week

Agreed, If we're trading down into the mid teens area, he's definetly the guy I want. Although I have to say, 10 could be a little high for him.

Sorry, but why in gods name would we trade out of DMC to reach for another RB 4 picks later?

That would really make NO SENSE, which means the Jets are the only team to make it happen.

Sorry, but why in gods name would we trade out of DMC to reach for another RB 4 picks later?

That would really make NO SENSE, which means the Jets are the only team to make it happen.

Because Mendenhall may very well be better than Mcfadden. He doesn't have the speed but overall he's the more complete back and probably the most starter ready back available.

Like I've said I wouldn't be against us taking McFadden either if he's available at 6, in fact I would prefer taking him at 6 than Mendenhall at 10. However if we traded into the mid teens like I said in my post I would love for us to get Mendenhall.

That would make PERFECT sense. We'd get a better RB for a cheaper price and pick up an extra draft pick in the process.

Mendenhall and a high 3rd rounder >>>>>>>>> McFadden

Archived