Random moments on the field

Jet Moses

favorite play of '04.

on a 4th and inches the Chargers' offense was still on the field trying to draw us offside. Thank god for them we have D-rob on our team because he promptly jumped.

Next play, 1st and 10 D-rob splits the center and guard picks up thomlinson and throws him to the turf. Bad first play, but i loved seeing thomlinson whipped around like that on the second play.

Opening Day 2004

Curtis Martin takes a handoff and goes about 20 some yards and dives over the pylone into the endzone where my seats are. The beginning of a fantastic season for the third all time rusher in NFL history. :beer:

Justin Miller 2006 KO vs Colts

Plain and simple that was one of the loudest Giants Stadium has been since I've been going to games since 1995. Insanity when he brought that kick back and the Jets took the lead. Too bad they couldn't hang onto it, and he was part of the reason they couldn't with the phantom Pass Interference call.

Shaun Ellis sack of Brady @ Gillette in '06

I was there up in the 300's at Midfield with 4H and we were going nuts. Not too many Jets fans, but the few that were there made it count. The longest walk for any Patriot fan down the spirals at Gillette and we were all pumped and jacked walking out and into the parking lot that day. Great memory.

Keyshawn Johnson 1st half INT vs Jacksonville - 98 playoff game

Another play that came right infront of me and when I was younger I was a huge KJ fan. Awesome play to cap off a great game, my first playoff game and the Jets' first playoff game in a long, long time.

And finally...

Jumbo Elliot's MNF Miracle TD catch

Once again, right in my endzone and to this day I'm glad that my dad and my friend and I decided to stay. Since then I do not leave unless it is an absolute blowout until the clock read 0:00. Even in an absoulte blowout I'm in my seat until about a minute or two remaining. What a night that was and was also able to skip school the next day and sleep in. =D>

Wesley Walkers OT catch in the 51-45 OT win.

Klecko crawling and sacking Dave Krieg.

Marty Lyons vs Jim Kelly. Giving him the business!

MNF 86 vs Broncs and Elway gets sacked for a safety (can't remember who) the stadium went nuts! we beat them 22-10 and had the best record in the NFL! 9-1 I think!

Wesley Walkers OT catch in the 51-45 OT win.

Klecko crawling and sacking Dave Krieg.

Marty Lyons vs Jim Kelly. Giving him the business!

MNF 86 vs Broncs and Elway gets sacked for a safety (can't remember who) the stadium went nuts! we beat them 22-10 and had the best record in the NFL! 9-1 I think!

Marty Lyons "giving him the business" was classic. LOL I really, really hated Jim Kelly.

Bryan Cox decleating some special teams wannabe on the Dolphin's before he earned the starting nod as a LB.

He ran full field, full speed and destroyed the guy right in front of the Dolphins HC.

An all time Jet moment in my view.

I believe we were 0-2 when this occured and we went on to lose to the Broncos in the AFC Championship game.

Which reminds me...Blake Spence's blocked punt vs Broncos recovered at the 1 yd line. As soon as it happened a huge J-E-T-S roar went up in Mile High. Probably the highlight of my Jet watching life!!!

Opening Day 2004

Curtis Martin takes a handoff and goes about 20 some yards and dives over the pylone into the endzone where my seats are. The beginning of a fantastic season for the third all time rusher in NFL history.

He's 4th all-time, not 3rd. Also, I just liked every play that had Curtis Martin in it.

The late 70's early 80's. Wesley Walker would catch a TD on a bomb, there would be a flag. ''holding number 72 offense, 10 yard penalty''.

I will never forget hating Chris Ward like you would not believe.

Also, the last game I ever went to in Shea stadium was spent watching Eric Dickerson have a 97 yard td run against the Jets in 1983.

The late 70's early 80's. Wesley Walker would catch a TD on a bomb, there would be a flag. ''holding number 72 offense, 10 yard penalty''.

Also, the last game I ever went to in Shea stadium was spent watching Eric Dickerson have a 97 yard td run against the Jets in 1983.

Alzado bitch slapping Ward with his own helmet while Freeman ran wild in '82. Possibly the best Jets game I can fully remember.

Obviously this concerns the Pats but I thought it was good enough to mention anyway.

Home Opener for the Pats in 1993 against the Lions. It's a beautiful sunny day at Foxboro. My seats were 5 rows from the field on about the 2 yard.

The Lions kick-off. Troy Brown settles under the ball at about the 5 (right in front of my section). The ball bounces off his chest where it lands in the hands of a Lions player who proceeds to run it into the endzone.

Lions up 7-0 with 14:57 to go in the 1st quarter. I have never seen a play like it.

The day ends with Scott "missin" Sisson banging one of the crossbar with no time left as the Pats lose 19-16.

Klecko hated Chris Ward too. Threatened to kick his *ss in training camp one year.

:gfight:

The Jumbo catch in the end zone was Huge...................

The field goal kick by John Hall to beat the Raiders and make the playoffs.............

Cox stopping the 4th and inches against the Bills.....................

Vinny T's fake touchdown against the Seahawks...................

The Dan M fake spike......................................................

The Eric Barton and Mark G roughing penalties..................

We have had a million big plays

Obviously this concerns the Pats but I thought it was good enough to mention anyway.

Home Opener for the Pats in 1993 against the Lions. It's a beautiful sunny day at Foxboro. My seats were 5 rows from the field on about the 2 yard.

The Lions kick-off. Troy Brown settles under the ball at about the 5 (right in front of my section). The ball bounces off his chest where it lands in the hands of a Lions player who proceeds to run it into the endzone.

Lions up 7-0 with 14:57 to go in the 1st quarter. I have never seen a play like it.

The day ends with Scott "missin" Sisson banging one of the crossbar with no time left as the Pats lose 19-16.

Most memorable game against the Pats was getting beaten 56-3 in New England in 1978. idiot Walt Michaels left Donald Dykes one on one against Stanley Morgan all day long. I think Morgan had like 300 yards in that game. the Patriots also showed what great professionals they were back then by running up the score in that game.

Chris Ward was a RT that the Jets drafted around 4 overall. He had a ton of holding penalties, but we never lacked for a running game. Maybe I will be happy if Jake Long is the one that drops. Or was Marvin Powell the one at RT? Either way they were high picks and the running game was great.

You are correct. Marvin Powell was the RT and Ward was the LT. they were always called ''the bookends'' by walt michaels. but Joe Fields was the key to that running game with that o line. every time they really needed a yard they ran behind center.

Ward betting punked by Alzado in that Raider playoff game was classic.

Most memorable game against the Pats was getting beaten 56-3 in New England in 1978. idiot Walt Michaels left Donald Dykes one on one against Stanley Morgan all day long. I think Morgan had like 300 yards in that game. the Patriots also showed what great professionals they were back then by running up the score in that game.

I'm sure you hated Grogan back in those days. All Stanley Morgan did was go deep. His average yards per catch for his career was close to 20 yards if I'm not mistaken.

What is this "running up the score?" you speak of? ;) In the 1993 season I mentioned in my post the Jets beat the crap out of the Pats 45-7 in week 4.

That game was the most fun I've ever had at a Jet game. followed closely by the 2002 spanking of Manning and the Colts.

Even I enjoyed the way you guys completely destroyed Manning and the Colts in that game.

I think that was the 1st time I saw the "Manning Face"

1195932948_peyton.jpg

Even I enjoyed the way you guys completely destroyed Manning and the Colts in that game.

I think that was the 1st time I saw the "Manning Face"

1195932948_peyton.jpg

I almost forgot. another memorable game was spanking the Patriots and watching them quit during the last game of the 98 season after the Jets had already wrapped up the #2 seed in the playoffs the week before in Buffalo. :P

I almost forgot. another memorable game was spanking the Patriots and watching them quit during the last game of the 98 season after the Jets had already wrapped up the #2 seed in the playoffs the week before in Buffalo. :P

The Pete Carroll era. I remember it vividly.

Cotchery's miraculous TD catch against the Pats in there first match in '06 (where he falls on the pats cb and his knee and elbow don't touch the ground) .

Then the follow up TD by Coles when he takes a short pass on a crossing route from pennington to the house juking about 1/2 the patriots defense.

There was also a blocked field goal attempt in this game by bryan thomas recovered by vilma. If they would have found a way to actually come back in this game it would have been a victory for the ages. alas.

Archived