Sorry, Jets, Pats; Allen deal means top DE going to K.C.

JetNation

It would make no sense at all to trade Allen, a proven excellent player, and spend more money on an unproven rookie at the same position.

If it was just Herm making the decisions, I would say typical. Peterson isn't a total idiot.

They are either going after a OL or trading out. More then likely both

It would make no sense at all to trade Allen, a proven excellent player, and spend more money on an unproven rookie at the same position.

If it was just Herm making the decisions, I would say typical. Peterson isn't a total idiot.

I would be shocked if herm pulled the trigger on an offensive linemen that early. He never did it here, i don't see him doing it there.

The number five spot is the true wild card. I could honestly see him reaching for a CB or a linebacker if they can't get a trade done.

I would be shocked if herm pulled the trigger on an offensive linemen that early. He never did it here, i don't see him doing it there.

The number five spot is the true wild card. I could honestly see him reaching for a CB or a linebacker if they can't get a trade done.

Keep in mind that Herm isn't the boss there. Unlike with the Jets, where Bradway only came to work twice a week, he has a strong GM in KC.

Peterson may entertain Herm's requests, but Herm is not running this draft.

I do agree they will do everything possible to trade out. Hope it's not with NE

we arent gonna trade out. we're gonna grab either long or gholston to make up for allen and go o line with the 17th pick.

what's this "we" stuff? I don't think their fan base will take you back with that little five minute hiatus.

Yes it would make sense. K.C truely didnt want to trade Allen. He wanst hapy with the money they offered him long term and stopped negotiating with them. He was saying he would never sign a long term deal with KC and that forced there hand. They got a nice deal for him and pulled the trigger.

If they had depth at that position I would say no way. But they dont. So they could very easily take DE. And if Matt Ryan is gone the most likely will.

Allen said he wasn't going to sign long term with the Chiefs, so they couldn't sign him to that same deal.

Now I think this is awesome news, because I do not want Gholston.

What would be the logic in getting rid of a great player, and paying an unknown more money???

They didnt want to get rid of Allen. He wasnt going to sign a long term deal with them. And when the saw what they got get for him they pulled the trigger rather then having an unhappy player.

we arent gonna trade out. we're gonna grab either long or gholston to make up for allen and go o line with the 17th pick.

Absolutely. Its wishful thinking for Jet fans to believe anything else.

The wild card pick to me is Atl. Will they take Ryan or trade the pick to someone who wants him?

Gholston and those two 3rd rounders aren't going to come anywhere near the $12M+ per year (including $31M guaranteed) that Minnesota gave Allen.

I'd be surprised if KC didn't end up taking Gholston or Chris Long. The reason why is b/c they didn't want to trade Allen but he clearly wanted out of KC. Allen didn't want to waste the best years of his career playing for a team that has Herm Edwards as its coach and Brodie Croyle as its QB.

After Jake Long is off the board there aren't any other O-line in this draft worth a top 5 pick. Even if you like Clady, taking him with a top 5 pick is a reach.

eactly MD-even though that's what he SHOULD do-draft the best OL available-knowing Herm he'll prolly draft a CB or a safety

What would be the logic in getting rid of a great player, and paying an unknown more money???

Since when does the 5th pick get a 31 mil signing bonus?

Furthermore, Allen is 1 strike away from a full season suspension. He was on his best behavior last season pre contract. Watch him screw up now that hes cashed in.

Gholston is for real as well as Dorsey.

Since when does the 5th pick get a 31 mil signing bonus?

Furthermore, Allen is 1 strike away from a full season suspension. He was on his best behavior last season pre contract. Watch him screw up now that hes cashed in.

Gholston is for real as well as Dorsey.

dude- he plays in minnesota...good luck getting in trouble out there. (unless its on a lake :))

They didnt want to get rid of Allen. He wasnt going to sign a long term deal with them. And when the saw what they got get for him they pulled the trigger rather then having an unhappy player.

Herm finally did something right. He also promted Peterson to tear down the roster and go young with a total team makeover.

I always knew he was a genuis. Watch KC turn around just like Tenn did.

dude- he plays in minnesota...good luck getting in trouble out there. (unless its on a lake :))

Drunk driving goes on everywhere and .08 BAC will get you put in lock down even though you arent drunk. Thats less than a 6 pack of beer.

Minny/St Paul is plenty big enough to find trouble.

Archived