Chad less then thrilled with QB battle- Cimini

Kentucky Jet

So wait..did Chad jump in to Woody's vault an heist the contract?

Or was the FO too quick to jump the gun after one good half of a season?

Whether it's 1 team or 32 teams, the man is a starter somewhere. You claimed he should thank his lucky stars he's on this roster, when quite frankly he could be on another one.

Chad Pennington wouldn't be out of a job this season, so why she he be so happy to be a Jet?

He has no right whatsoever to complain about having to compete for a starting job, because this franchise has paid him a whole lot of money that he has not earned. We've pissed away serious windows of opportunity on this pus-armed yokel. This franchise owes him nothing. He owes this franchise the decency to shut the **** up and not whine to the media about how he has to fight for "his" starting job. There is a reason he was benched last season; it's because he couldn't get the job done. And, lo and behold, a green second year player comes in and does a better job than he did.

He should be grateful to even get a chance to compete to start on a team this talented. The way he has played the last three years, he has not done a damn thing to earn this opportunity. You know, I thought "Chad is a winner!". Then quit pining to start on a **** team like Kansas City and be happy you're getting a shot with a winner.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsis is less than thrilled with the QB performance over the past 40 years. Chad needs to get his little sissy diva ego is check because this guy has one good half a sense and than has been mediocre at best for the rest of his career. He wouldn't be given the started job on 98% of the teams in the league. The only place this guy could start would be on maybe the ravens and vikings and that is only because QB play of the past few years has been garbage.

He has no right whatsoever to complain about having to compete for a starting job, because this franchise has paid him a whole lot of money that he has not earned. We've pissed away serious windows of opportunity on this pus-armed yokel. This franchise owes him nothing. He owes this franchise the decency to shut the **** up and not whine to the media about how he has to fight for "his" starting job. There is a reason he was benched last season; it's because he couldn't get the job done. And, lo and behold, a green second year player comes in and does a better job than he did.

He should be grateful to even get a chance to compete to start on a team this talented. The way he has played the last three years, he has not done a damn thing to earn this opportunity. You know, I thought "Chad is a winner!". Then quit pining to start on a **** team like Kansas City and be happy you're getting a shot with a winner.

Once again..other than in your head..where has Chad complained to the media?

But your not a former first round pick, aren't the most accurate QB in NFL history, or have NFL experience.

The Bears, Fins, Falcons, Chiefs, etc would all be happy to have Chad start for a short term to find their QB of the future.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****...he's been plenty professional throughout his career to this organization. They should have granted him his trade.

Nice post. :sign0098:

Once again..other than in your head..where has Chad complained to the media?

This article is about Chad being sore because of an open competition.

He doesn't have to hold a press conference and say the coaches are dicks and the fans are idiots to complain to the media.

I love you Chad....

a_pennington_i.jpg

300h.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name for so long.

A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

You're everything, everything I wish I could be.

Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.

You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,

so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you,

thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

chad_pennington_1223.jpg

Too alarming now to talk about

Take your pictures down and shake it out

Truth or consequence, say it aloud

Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

Hes ordinary

Dont the best of them bleed it out

While the rest of them peter out

Truth or consequence, say it aloud

Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

Hes ordinary

Kudos my hero leaving all the best

You know my hero, the one thats on

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

Hes ordinary

Sorry...but I'll take a published report's facts over a poster on a messageboard.

No knock to SE..who is a great poster, but there's no proof other than his theory of cannizarro's reporting.

Sperm Edwards is actually Mike Tannenbaum. He knows.

Who's a "Chad P" junkie?

Are you actually disputing the fact that he wouldn't have another QB job elsewhere in the league?

He'd be a backup at best in even the sh*ttiest of franchises.

Dude not even the Lions would start Chad.

Kitna>Chad

He'd be a backup at best in even the sh*ttiest of franchises.

Sorry Prima, but I respectfully disagree. Chad could walk in and start in the following cities:

Miami

Minnesota

Kansas City

Chicago

Detroit, possibly believe it or not

Doubtful.

Chad would most likely start in Chicago, GB, Minnesota, Miami, KC, ATL to name a few.

Well maybe you have a point with Chicago, they're even worse evaluators of QB talent than we are. Sh*t they resigned Rex Grossman, that alone should tell you a lot about their mindset.

pennington5.jpg

I just want to tell you all the things you are

And all the things you mean to me

You've been with me forever

Through the changes in my life

Through all the tears and laughter

When I find myself believing there's no place to go

When I feel the loneliness inside my heart

You're the answer to my prayers

And you're with me everywhere

You're my angel, miracle, you're all I need tonight

Give me shelter from the rain

You breathe life in me again

You're my angel, miracle, you're all I need to know, tonight

Life is just a moment

We're blowing in the wind

We're trying to find a friend

And only time can tell us

If win or if we lose

And who will stand beside us

When there's darkness all around me

You're the light I see

When I need someone to ease my troubled mind

You're all I need tonight

All I need tonight

All I need tonight

You're my angel

You're my angel, my miracle, you're all I need to know, tonight

pennington5.jpg

I just want to tell you all the things you are

And all the things you mean to me

You've been with me forever

Through the changes in my life

Through all the tears and laughter

When I find myself believing there's no place to go

When I feel the loneliness inside my heart

Life is just a moment

We're blowing in the wind

We're trying to find a friend

And only time can tell us

If win or if we lose

And who will stand beside us

When there's darkness all around me

You're the light I see

When I need someone to ease my troubled mind

You're all I need tonight

All I need tonight

All I need tonight

You're my angel

You're my angel, my miracle, you're all I need to know, tonight

Dude are you like...gay or something? Why are you serenading Chad P like this?

Mancrush much?

Well maybe you have a point with Chicago, they're even worse evaluators of QB talent than we are. Sh*t they resigned Rex Grossman, that alone should tell you a lot about their mindset.

sexy%20rexy%20front.jpg

rex2.jpg

Dude are you like...gay or something? Why are you serenading Chad P like this?

Mancrush much?

Chic are you like... serious or something? You havn't been around here too long so obviously you don't know my undying hatred... I mean, love, for Mr.Pennington. He is my Jesus. ;)

Chic are you like... serious or something? You havn't been around here too long so obviously you don't know my undying hatred... I mean, love, for Mr.Pennington. He is my Jesus. ;)

Whew!:)

Sorry Prima, but I respectfully disagree. Chad could walk in and start in the following cities:

Miami

Minnesota

Kansas City

Chicago

Detroit, possibly believe it or not

Kitna is definitely better than Chad. He is a turnover machine, but he makes a whole hell of a lot more plays.

He could probably start in Miami, Minnesota, and Baltimore, simply because they all need a crappy veteran to hold down the fort until their young 'uns are ready. He'd probably start in Kansas City, even though they already have a Chad clone in Huard.

As for Chicago, if there, he would probably start, but he's pretty much a push with Grossman at this point. At least Rex can stretch the field. I know he's prone to long stretches of suckiness, but he at least has shown he can have stretches of greatness. Chad dinks and dunks his way through seasons with stretches of suck and stretches of mediocrity.

Don't let him lie to you.

124 is a gigantic homo.

But your not a former first round pick, aren't the most accurate QB in NFL history, or have NFL experience.

The Bears, Fins, Falcons, Chiefs, etc would all be happy to have Chad start for a short term to find their QB of the future.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****...he's been plenty professional throughout his career to this organization. They should have granted him his trade.

The Jets don't owe Chad anything either... He's stolen more money from the team than he's given in return, by a longshot.

The notion that Chad owes absolutely nothing to this team is ridiculous. He is the highest paid backup QB in the league and he should be very thankful to still be on the roster. He isn't making the same amount of money starting somewhere else that he is while he sits his ass on our bench and waves a towel. Shut the **** up and take it, Chad. If you didn't absolutely ****ing suck the last three years you wouldn't be in this situation, buddy.

I ****ing love you troll. lol.

Kitna is definitely better than Chad. He is a turnover machine, but he makes a whole hell of a lot more plays.

He could probably start in Miami, Minnesota, and Baltimore, simply because they all need a crappy veteran to hold down the fort until their young 'uns are ready. He'd probably start in Kansas City, even though they already have a Chad clone in Huard.

As for Chicago, if there, he would probably start, but he's pretty much a push with Grossman at this point. At least Rex can stretch the field. I know he's prone to long stretches of suckiness, but he at least has shown he can have stretches of greatness. Chad dinks and dunks his way through seasons with stretches of suck and stretches of mediocrity.

Dude you aint lying. I really like Kitna. I've always liked him for some strange reason, he's never been a jet but I've always found myself rooting for him as a QB. He's much better than Chad and has much more than one 2002 season to prove it. I was so upset that cincy decided to sit kitna and start carsons career at the time that they did.

P.S. Speaking of cincy. Maybe since Pennington was such a great player back in 2002 maybe we could trade him for Chad Johnson...the Chad that we ACTUALLY need on this team.

The Jets don't owe Chad anything either... He's stolen more money from the team than he's given in return, by a longshot.

Oh so that's what happened. Chad got Woody at gunpoint and requested the money, "stealing" it to be correct. Here I was of the crazy notion that the Jets actually offered him the money.

Thanks for clearing that mystery up.

Doubtful.

Chad would most likely start in Chicago, GB, Minnesota, Miami, KC, ATL to name a few.

Of those teams, I think he would only start on Chicago and Atlanta, because at this point they have nobody else to try out, and they'll just wind up using a draft pick within a year anyway. And Chicago is questionable, Pennington isn't exactly a sure starter over Grossman, Grossman at least has youth and a Super Bowl appearance. He would be in a QB competition there too, like it or not.

Mentioning the Vikings is kind of dumb, they sent a guy that was a more productive version of Chad packing to start their young QB. Childress is good at developing QBs, and he will give Jackson 3 years at least, so Chad wouldn't start this year at all. He's already stated that type of thing several times, and again, if you are scared of developing young talent, you don't get rid of Brad Johnson and then go after Pennington.

For those other teams besides that, I just doubt it, KC is the only really realistic one I guess since Croyle is so crappy.

Eli Manning allegedly sucked too, he took more heat than Jackson ever did. And he went and won a Super Bowl. That is the thing with these young QBs, if they can show you flashes, it's a good idea to give them a few years and hope they develop. Chad Pennington can't develop into anything and does not ever show flashes of brilliance, he really only manages mediocrity, which is bad considering he still makes bone headed mistakes now when he should be far beyond making those mistakes. When a young QB makes those mistakes, at least you can chalk it up to inexperience and expect them to learn from it, and they can balance it out by making some really great plays, but Chad can not do that. At his very best, he just won't outright lose a game against a good defense, instead he will stall and wait until someone else makes the play, be it on offense or defense, for him. But now he is worse than that, he just outright loses games too.

Chad Pennington should have been benched and then cut after his performance against the Bears 2 years ago. When you have to kick an onside kick in a scoreless game because you know you can't score on offense, you should really look into another QB. When you're forced to play so tight on defense that if a guy slips the game is over, again, that's on the offense, led by the QB. That's pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, he has a history of not showing up against good teams.

If Clemens can not beat out Pennington, then he is not an NFL capable QB either, and we need to figure out how we'll get one in here. We have all these FA signings, to waste them all just to placate Coles and Mangini's man love for noodle arm would be just as great a sin as allowing Herm 5 years.

He took a pay cut prior to 2006..and made ALL of the money back on playing incentives.

If he is the QB he makes the same money. Unless you're suggesting it was awful swell of him to agree to take only $3M more instead of $9M more of the Jets' money if he wasn't even going to be the QB anymore.

Of those teams, I think he would only start on Chicago and Atlanta, because at this point they have nobody else to try out, and they'll just wind up using a draft pick within a year anyway. And Chicago is questionable, Pennington isn't exactly a sure starter over Grossman, Grossman at least has youth and a Super Bowl appearance. He would be in a QB competition there too, like it or not.

Mentioning the Vikings is kind of dumb, they sent a guy that was a more productive version of Chad packing to start their young QB. Childress is good at developing QBs, and he will give Jackson 3 years at least, so Chad wouldn't start this year at all. He's already stated that type of thing several times, and again, if you are scared of developing young talent, you don't get rid of Brad Johnson and then go after Pennington.

For those other teams besides that, I just doubt it, KC is the only really realistic one I guess since Croyle is so crappy.

Eli Manning allegedly sucked too, he took more heat than Jackson ever did. And he went and won a Super Bowl. That is the thing with these young QBs, if they can show you flashes, it's a good idea to give them a few years and hope they develop. Chad Pennington can't develop into anything and does not ever show flashes of brilliance, he really only manages mediocrity, which is bad considering he still makes bone headed mistakes now when he should be far beyond making those mistakes. When a young QB makes those mistakes, at least you can chalk it up to inexperience and expect them to learn from it, and they can balance it out by making some really great plays, but Chad can not do that. At his very best, he just won't outright lose a game against a good defense, instead he will stall and wait until someone else makes the play, be it on offense or defense, for him. But now he is worse than that, he just outright loses games too.

Chad Pennington should have been benched and then cut after his performance against the Bears 2 years ago. When you have to kick an onside kick in a scoreless game because you know you can't score on offense, you should really look into another QB. When you're forced to play so tight on defense that if a guy slips the game is over, again, that's on the offense, led by the QB. That's pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, he has a history of not showing up against good teams.

If Clemens can not beat out Pennington, then he is not an NFL capable QB either, and we need to figure out how we'll get one in here. We have all these FA signings, to waste them all just to placate Coles and Mangini's man love for noodle arm would be just as great a sin as allowing Herm 5 years.

Which is what I said 9 pages ago.

It was suggested that Chad should be grateful to be on this roster..when in fact he would be starting elsewhere...so why would he be grateful to this organization..The one that's jerked him around for 3 years now?

Riiiiight :roll:

I'm sorry, but if my team gives a Quarterback a 7 year, $64 million contract BACK IN 2003, I want a Super Bowl or at least a freakin' Super Bowl apperance. The closet we've come is the AFC Divisional Round and were shut down on offense in both of those games.

Archived