Jets will take a step back in '05

JonEJet

We better have one hell of a draft.

Missing the boat on Pat Williams is the icing on the cake. Who is gonna replace Fergy now? This scrub from the Giants?

This offseason couldn't have started out any worse if PatsFanTX had written the script.

How can a team overcome the loss of

Lamont

Fergie

KMac

Becht (I know, but a starter nonetheless)

Some pretty solid players there! :(

We can't. I get the feeling Chad's shoulder is the reason the team isn't investing any coin into the team this offseason....or maybe im overreacting and day 2 will prove me wrong.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Garboogula. Fergy was nothing special, and there are plenty of plugger DL-men in the draft. KMac is over-rated, and he may find that big money is NOT waiting for him out there. The Jets would be infinitely improved anyway by being able to move Fabini to RT and finding a decent LT. Lamont's 100 carries will be picked up by someone else. Becht? Come on.

I hate to agree with a patsie fan here but relax. It is day 1 when every signing is overpaid.

I am on the side of Rsherry and Garb-no reason to raise the surrender sign yet- as I pointed out in another thread we got Barton, Barrett and later Kendall all and not right the first day. Give Bradway a little leeway.

How can a team overcome the loss of

Lamont

Fergie

KMac

Becht (I know, but a starter nonetheless)

Some pretty solid players there! :(

LAMONT- A very deep draft for RB. Actually, I'm no bitonti, but just looking at some height, weights, and 40 times...looks like we could even come away with an LJ clone.

FERGIE- EFF HIM !!! Although he had a good season, we'll replace him with someone cheaper, and his backups were more effective pass rushers anyway.

KMAC- C'mon Jonas Jennnings !!!

BECHT- Did you say Becht? BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! :lol:

A Jets fan over-reacting? No! :lol: It's day one of FA - relax.
Said something simaler in a nother thread. Also asked the question and would appreciate a response. I can not name a single player the Jets lost or released that became an impact player and his new team steped up in class over the last 4 years. Might be wrong but not even Coles, Mickens or Coleman although good have realy upgraded their teams.

I WASN'T upset about losing Fergie, but after watching Pat Williams slip through the cracks, I'm pissed. Who the hell is gonna be our defensive tackle next season? This guy from the Giants? John Parrella?

Lamont's signing hurts us badly, not neccesarily in the present but in the future. This guy is a franchise running back, as everyone will see next season when he drops 150 on us. To be honest, I wouldn't be all that upset if he did. Herm deserves it after lying to the poor guy for the past four years.

It's not just about who the Jets have lost, but it's about watching other free agents that the Jets supposedly had an eye on get snatched up by other teams while Bradway and Herm play X-Box.

Said something simaler in a nother thread. Also asked the question and would appreciate a response. I can not name a single player the Jets lost or released that became an impact player and his new team steped up in class over the last 4 years. Might be wrong but not even Coles, Mickens or Coleman although good have realy upgraded their teams.

Jordan might be the first Boca. He cant single handedly bring Oakland to the post season from 5-11 but they have some other "new" help too. And Porter just resigned as well.

Far as the Jets moving backwards or even staying the same, It's day one. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we aint desperate. We're watching the checkbook and there is always more money spent than necessary out of the gate. LJ was circumstantial. He wanted to start and get the touches and I dont advocate letting C-Mart sit so he can get them. Good for him, I hope he does well even with those thugs,

Jordan might be the first Boca. He cant single handedly bring Oakland to the post season from 5-11 but they have some other "new" help too. And Porter just resigned as well.

Far as the Jets moving backwards or even staying the same, It's day one. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we aint desperate. We're watching the checkbook and there is always more money spent than necessary out of the gate. LJ was circumstantial. He wanted to start and get the touches and I dont advocate letting C-Mart sit so he can get them. Good for him, I hope he does well even with those thugs,

Good post Newsjeter

Jordan was a guarantee to be gone no matter what anyone really thought-he would not get the money or playing time desired here. i wish him well and regret losing him especially to those Raider and their fans!

All can be replaced.....if we have the will. JMac is the hardest, but Jennings WOULD be the one to snag if we can.

Jordan can hopefully be repalced in the draft. Same with Becht.

Furgy.....I don't know, I think he was better than alot are giving him credit for now. And if there are no equal FA's available...then it's ANOTHER need that must be filled in the draft.

So, draft 2005 now REQUIRES a CB, Safety, DT, TE, #2RB and maybe a WR and a OT.

Ouch. Better get rolling Bradway!

lets just relax we have plenty of time to dsign and draft..

last year we got crazy when we lost that Db and then Lynch snub us.... but we ended up ok

But last year in free agency, we didn't lose any of the people critical to our success.

The Jets trimmed the fat last year. This year, they're the ones being butchered.

I hate to agree with a patsie fan here but relax. It is day 1 when every signing is overpaid.

Great point. I think the Jets FO is being patient and selective. No need to rush in and overpay anyone here. You have a solid core, the Pats are getting worse and worse by the day, and your team can draft well.

the last time we got raided like this (nu pun intended) it was after 2002 - we lost Coles, Morton and hall - and how did the Skins fair that year? We didn;t do well because of Chad going down and the team not adjusting...

we will be ok

Guys we need to go after now:

OT Fred Miller

DT Tony Williams

QB Jay Fiedler

RB Anthony A-Train Thomas or Derrick Blaylock

WR Plaxico Burress

CB Gary Baxter

SS Kennoy Kennedy

Where is SMOOT on your list?

Smoot should be priority #1. Fly his ass in tomorrow and don't let him leave without letting the ink dry.

And please, no more Anthony Thomas talk.

Where is SMOOT on your list?

Smoot should be priority #1. Fly his a$$ in tomorrow and don't let him leave without letting the ink dry.

And please, no more Anthony Thomas talk.

There is no, NO NO NO, freakin' chance that the JETS end up with Fred Smoot. We can't even keep LaMont Jordan or sign Pat Williams or Jonas Jennings. You're living in a freakin' fantasy land if you think we have an actual shot at Fred Smoot.

There is no, NO NO NO, freakin' chance that the JETS end up with Fred Smoot. We can't even keep LaMont Jordan or sign Pat Williams or Jonas Jennings. You're living in a freakin' fantasy land if you think we have an actual shot at Fred Smoot.

Is it the same fantasy land where Anthony Thomas is a good running back?

Guys we need to go after now:

RB Anthony A-Train Thomas

WR Plaxico Burress

1.)A-Train will not be a Jet and will be the french fry guy at Hardee's soon.

2.) Lets make sure we get Plax his $40MM so he can mistime his jumps in the end zone and blow play-off games for us too.

Archived