Fireman Ed falls to the Dolphins

crashingjet

i like that dolphin, he and i had a picture together when i was down there in december. Sure he turned his back and refused to acknowledge me as a person but i knew he felt a special bond between us.

I felt it.

I'm not sure if you know this but a lot of Jets fans voted against Fireman Ed. Thats the only reason a frickin Dolphin won!

Don't crush his pride, this is the only way he'll feel any sort of victory this year. Too bad for him, he can only dream of knowing that dolphin cheerleader in his signature, while for me, I went to High School with her.

Lets take a look at the 3 worst mascots in NFL history (Fireman Ed is a real person so he doesn't count):

R1-NYJvMIA.jpg

They call that Dolphin thing T.D.? It obvoiusly doesn't stand for touchdown.

steely.jpg

Making Steel workers look like clowns for the last 18 months

R1-NEvPIT.jpg

Pat Patriot is awful, just awful.

All of these mascots should be shot.

Lets take a look at the 3 worst mascots in NFL history (Fireman Ed is a real person so he doesn't count):

R1-NYJvMIA.jpg

They call that Dolphin thing T.D.? It obvoiusly doesn't stand for touchdown.

steely.jpg

Making Steel workers look like clowns for the last 18 months

R1-NEvPIT.jpg

Pat Patriot is awful, just awful.

All of these mascots should be shot.

Agreed.

Who cares???

The best mascotts in my opinion are real peopel, super fans if you will.

People who naturally represent the team by their fan hood.

I'd say Fireman Ed is the ultimate mascot, and he is a REAL hero.

Few teams have mascotts/fans like this throughout history.

The Brooklyn Dodgers had a few, in Emmit the Clown, The Sym-phony band, and Hilda with her cow bell.

I recall the New York Rangers had a good one in The Chief too, but now he's gone and Dancing Larry has not really filled his shoes.

Any others that come to mind?

Who cares???

The best mascotts in my opinion are real peopel, super fans if you will.

People who naturally represent the team by their fan hood.

I'd say Fireman Ed is the ultimate mascot, and he is a REAL hero.

Few teams have mascotts/fans like this throughout history.

The Brooklyn Dodgers had a few, in Emmit the Clown, The Sym-phony band, and Hilda with her cow bell.

I recall the Rangers had a good on in The Chief too, but now he's gone and Dancing Larry has not really filled his shoes.

Any others that come to mind?

I read an article a few years back about a Bullets (Wizards) fan who sat behind the visiting teams bench and just spewed venom at all of the players.

I think he is dead, but that guy was awesome. He used to give Charles Barkley & Larry Bird all kinds of crap back in the day.

That is a fan.

Ohhh... crashy...

Looks like your mascot won the same amount in an online poll as your ENTIRE TEAM DID all last year.

Good going.

The sweet taste of victory eh?

Maybe TD can be your new QB.

BZ

HaHa... TD actually has 2 victories, he just beat out the browns. Up next, Poe from the Ravens.

He was working with the 2nd team during OTA'S, he has great pocket awareness ;)

HaHa... TD actually has 2 victories, he just beat out the browns. Up next, Poe from the Ravens.

If you add up his wins plus your pre-season wins this year, you might get yourself to .500.

BZ

I read an article a few years back about a Bullets (Wizards) fan who sat behind the visiting teams bench and just spewed venom at all of the players.

I think he is dead, but that guy was awesome. He used to give Charles Barkley & Larry Bird all kinds of crap back in the day.

That is a fan.

Ah yes, I remember him now too, he was nuts.

I forget what they called him, and I think he did die also.

The New York Rangers had The Chief back in the day, I knew him personally.

He passed on now, but he was an ultimate fan, he would wear war paint and a red, white and blue Indian Head Dress for all home games, and even some road games on the island.

Robert, The Cheif would really get the blue seats and the rest of The Garden going. I think fans like him and Fireman Ed make the best mascotts for sure.

Wierdos in clown suits just don't float my boat, and I'm not suprised a stuffed dolphin won.

There are allot of freaks out there. :P

The Ravens have three mascots.

BTW: T.D. stands for total douchebag. Plus the fact that the thing is a dolphin!

Archived