Offical YANKEES VS METS WEEKEND THREAD!

Jetkid94

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be at the 8:00 game with a bunch of friends. I get to see Ponson's Yankee debut, I was hoping I would get Joba, but hey i'll get Joba in Baltimore.

Yankees need 3 of these 4, even though only 3 are a part of this series.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yankees have an intersting stretch

4 with the Mets

3 home against the Rangers

4 home against the Red Sox

2 home vs Tampa Bay

Yanks I think need to 9-4 during this stretch and really do alot damage against the Sox and Rays.

I see us getting 3 vs the mets, 2 vs rangers, 2 vs sox, and 1 vs rays.

That's only 8, but we can possibly get 3 from the sox.

Geise, Ramirez an Ohlendorf: Never before have i seen more gutless pitching out there.

Cashman wants to keep telling us how stacked our system is, they why is Geise up here and why was Ponson signed.

ohlendorf usually has great stuff i dont kno what happen today..yanks need ponson to have a great game now... i knew giesie was overrated.

ohlendorf usually has great stuff i dont kno what happen today..yanks need ponson to have a great game now... i knew giesie was overrated.

Ohlendorf came into the game with a sparking 5.35 ERA and a WHIP above 1.60. Not to mention his BAA was around .290. That sounds like a dominant reliever.

Mets fans don't even have to bother watching game 2 tonight. I mean come on, Pedro against Ponson. The only chance the Yankees have is if they score 20 runs, and thats not happening. They don't even have to play the game, just give the Mets the win, and the Yankees the loss.

Mets fans don't even have to bother watching game 2 tonight. I mean come on, Pedro against Ponson. The only chance the Yankees have is if they score 20 runs, and thats not happening. They don't even have to play the game, just give the Mets the win, and the Yankees the loss.

the mets are afraid of success. They will lose game 2 5-2.

Ponson could be pitching the worst 3 scoreless iniinings in baseball history. If they keep a record for most batters faced without allowing a score, he's well on his way. Give him a 12 pack, a ticket anywhere one way and a cab ride to Laguardia.

Ponson has flirted with disaster but like they say, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. 5 scoreless for Sidney, can't ask for more than that!

The Mets should take Pedro out right now. He is done for the day.

uh huh,... ok. sure.

and to answer your question: because the mets suck.

Notwithstandng the Filfthy Commie's 9 RBI in game 1, the Mets have Reyes about half the time, Beltran and Wright and ...not much. You can knock the Yankees for a weak bench and a shallow bullpen, but what the eff was Minaya thinking with the rest of this collection of dreck, and how the hell is their payroll even $140 million big? Castillo and Delgado are stealing money, and Tatis/Chavez/Nixon, etc. are all the same freaking end of the bench guy on most other teams. But on the Mets, they're starting.

And Pedro is done.

Notwithstandng the Filfthy Commie's 9 RBI in game 1, the Mets have Reyes about half the time, Beltran and Wright and ...not much. You can knock the Yankees for a weak bench and a shallow bullpen, but what the eff was Minaya thinking with the rest of this collection of dreck, and how the hell is their payroll even $140 million big? Castillo and Delgado are stealing money, and Tatis/Chavez/Nixon, etc. are all the same freaking end of the bench guy on most other teams. But on the Mets, they're starting.

And Pedro is done.

I've doubted this team from the get go... even Pedro when everyone was predicting 15-20 wins.

Too many guys not performing up to their abilities leads to mediocre season.

Castillo is hitting 40 points below career avg. Delgado stinks. Schneider is a terrible hitter. Wright- average is down, other numbers comparable. Beltran is performing to his norm in avg but power and rbi's down. Church- ok when healthy.

And the pitching staff which was supposed to be pretty good has been mediocre at best.

Its going to be a long season and the best thing that can happen to them is have the phillies run away with the division and finish 15 games out so they blow this whole team up outside of Wright/Reyes/Beltran/Johan/Maine/Pelfrey/Duaner.

Ponson has been pretty good this year

Just sayin'

I was also impressed with Ponson. He showed great resiliency yesterday. This game would have been completely different if he had self-destructed in the 2nd and 3rd innings but he bounced back and escaped.

Bravo.

If he pitched at the level of his ERA that would be a huge asset to the team. That's all I would like to see from him.

Don't expect him to keep doing so. He's getting extremely lucky. Sadly, with last night's performance and Giese's start yesterday he's going to be penciled in for at least another start or two. Hopefully by the time he comes back to Earth Kennedy will be back or Horne will be ready (even though I think he is now).

Archived