• george hallas
    • tom landry
    • bill walsh
    • paul brown
    • joe gibbs
    • bill parcells
    • bill belichick
    • tony dungy
    • other (chuck noll? chuck nox? herm edwards? tell us)

Lombardi not being on that list is blasphemy.

other than maybe belichunks and dungy, who can you really say doesn't deserve to be on this list?

hell, i had to leave off two Chucks and Jimmy Johnson too.

The fact that neither Vince Lombardi or Chuck Noll are on this list is just pathetic. Tony Dungy makes the list before them? Don Shula? What was Don Shula after the 70's? How many Super Bowl's did he win? No John Madden?

btw sorry Packer fans

snubbed Curley Lambeau and Vince Lombardi

and John Madden ofcourse

how do you knowingly snub a guy that has more championships than any current coach (pre-NFL Super Bowls, they were still championships) and has the damn trophy named after him?

Tony Dungy? :rl::rl::rl:

Exactly. Who the hell puts Tony Dungy on the list? The guy could never get it done with a great Defense in Tampa and after I don't know how many years with PEYTON FREAKIN MANNING, blackouts idea of the best QB to ever play the game, he finally won ONCE and he's a Top 10 coach? Seriously? :rl:

Exactly. Who the hell puts Tony Dungy on the list? The guy could never get it done with a great Defense in Tampa and after I don't know how many years with PEYTON FREAKIN MANNING, blackouts idea of the best QB to ever play the game, he finally won ONCE and he's a Top 10 coach? Seriously? :rl:

And then he went and left the white version of Tony Dungy (Marty Schottenheimer) off of the list. I smell racism. I'm telling Max!!

Really need only 2 to choose from, Lombardi or the cheater. As much as I hate him the man can outright coach and if the damm pompas idiot had remained with us instead of deserting us we would have hade a few rings instead of the damm patsies. If BEllie wins 2 more before he retires then it may have to be him hands down. Much harder to be dominant in the age of fre agency and ultimate parity.

2nd tier you can throw in Knoll and Brown and Walsh but they are a step down IMHO.

Shula was 2-4 in Super Bowls and has no buisness being mentioned with names like Lombardi, Brown and Walsh.

Shula = Overated

Give the devil his due. We may hate the guy, but he coached forever and I think he only had a losing record once or twice. He was in five Super Bowls, won two and had a perfect season. There are plenty of reasons to pick somebody else, but absolutely no reason to keep him out of the discussion.

wait? are you serious?

if Landry wins those first 2 superbowls its his trophy

if bill walsh wins those 2 superbowls its named after him

lombardi was lucky enough to have best team the years where the AFL and NFL were on the brink of merging

doesn't make him a better coach than the guys on my list

unless you are in love with his yearbook-esque quotes :rolleyes:

blackout always leaves out the best players, coaches, teams, etc. in his polls for whatever reason / agenda he has. He left out the 72-10 Chicago Bulls of his best NBA team ever poll because he claims "they were all on steroids" and left out Vince Lombardi and Chuck Knoll yet included in the poll Tony Dungy. :rl:

blackout always leaves out the best players, coaches, teams, etc. in his polls for whatever reason / agenda he has. He left out the 72-10 Chicago Bulls of his best NBA team ever poll because he claims "they were all on steroids" and left out Vince Lombardi and Chuck Knoll yet included in the poll Tony Dungy. :rl:

your a little anus licker you know that?

when did i claim they were on steroids?

Obviously I voted for Shula, but the way Bill Walsh invoated modern day offense is hard to neglect.

Again...Bill Walsh didn't innovate a damn thing! He learned everything he knew from Paul Brown as an assistant coach and carried those principals on to success. Paul Brown was his mentor.

He was a coach for the Cincinnati Bengals in 1968, serving under Paul Brown for seven seasons as one of the architects of the team's offense, built around quarterback Ken Anderson and wide receiver Isaac Curtis.

Learn about your NFL football history first, then post.

Comeon billy, theres no need for that man.

Bill Walsh made it better in San Francisco and recruited better talent for the schemes. While Brown may have started it, you could say or make the argument that Walsh perfercted it.

Archived