Happy 4th Of July

Maxman

When is he NOT hitting the bottle? He takes alcoholism very seriously as a hobby :cheers:

Yeah that is me a big old Irish drinker. Anyone who knows me knows that I can drink all night long.

I am proud of that fact. :)

To my AA counselor -- I was just joking. I am still sober!

Yeah that is me a big old Irish drinker. Anyone who knows me knows that I can drink all night long.

I am proud of that fact. :)

To my AA counselor -- I was just joking. I am still sober!

:rl:

happy 4th everyone. enjoy, be safe.. and dont forget the meaning of the holiday..

:yahoo:

To blow up as many lawn gnomes and mailboxes as possible with M-80s, right? Have a great one, everyone. My beverages--Provencal rose, Sam Adams Summer Ale, 90-proof voddie and mixers--are all resting and chilling as I type. Have you all tended to your patriotic needs?

Rain...ugh.

When I was a grad student at Penn State in the 80s, my roommate and I had a party planned at a local state park with a lake. Fellow students, professors, and friends were invited, and we had food, a keg, etc. The day of the event, it's just awful: cool temps., rain, fog. I thought no one would show up and the day would be a disaster. Guess what? Everyone came and it was an awesome party. People talked about for years. The point is you can have a blast under any conditions if you invite the right people and don't let the elements get you down.

When I was a grad student at Penn State in the 80s, my roommate and I had a party planned at a local state park with a lake. Fellow students, professors, and friends were invited, and we had food, a keg, etc. The day of the event, it's just awful: cool temps., rain, fog. I thought no one would show up and the day would be a disaster. Guess what? Everyone came and it was an awesome party. People talked about for years. The point is you can have a blast under any conditions if you invite the right people and don't let the elements get you down.

So true - but my hair will would look like crap ;)

Quiet day here. For 1st time ever, NONE of our kids are in town.

I guess we are official empty nesters when everyone is out of town for a holiday.

We will have small cookout and bring my Mom over from Retirement Home.

Maybe go to Mall (I saw wife surfing Sak's website this morning :confused:) and then off to movies tonight to see either 'Hancoock' or 'Roman de gare'.

Tommorow is 33rd anniversary so we will go to our favorite steakhouse for dinner (the restaurant with the chef who beat Cat Cora on Iron Chef a year or two ago).

Then Sunday off to see the movie we didnt see tonight.

Be safe everyone.

want_you.jpg

The people I invited are all made of sugar.

Things I learned this 4th of July:

1. The British were defeated at Cowpens, SC by 3 lines of troops: sharpshooters, militia, and regulars.

2. I am not made of sugar.

Tommorow is 33rd anniversary so we will go to our favorite steakhouse for dinner (the restaurant with the chef who beat Cat Cora on Iron Chef a year or two ago).

congrats on 33!! how awesome is that!!! :yahoo:

i heard han**** sucked.. but i loveeeeeeeee will smith so we might go anyway.. either that or wall-e.

then where was my invitation? :confused: cause i am oh so sweet! :lol:

congrats on 33!! how awesome is that!!! :yahoo:

i heard han**** sucked.. but i loveeeeeeeee will smith so we might go anyway.. either that or wall-e.

then where was my invitation? :confused: cause i am oh so sweet! :lol:

Rolling Stone Peter Travers

Bateman doesn't make a false move, and a stellar Charlize Theron springs her own bolts from the blue as Ray's wife. As for Smith, he's on fire. There's nothing like a star shining on his highest beams. You follow him anywhere.

readreview.gif

Chicago Sun-Times Roger Ebert

Han**** is a lot of fun, if perhaps a little top-heavy with stuff being destroyed. Smith makes the character more subtle than he has to be, more filled with self-doubt, more willing to learn.

readreview.gif

Archived