Bobby Murcer passed away today

Jetkid94

Back in 69 my family was the one of the few Mets fans around and all the kids who were Yankee fans were like BOBBY MURCER THIS AND BOBBY MURCER that -- WEll we got the laugh last that year but to tis day that name is burned in my Mind --- RIP again

This is very sad news. I remember him in the booth for a couple games this year and he looked so happy to still be living, an now cancer beat him.

R.I.P

The Yankees should have an honorary ceremony at their next game tomorrow. Very, very sad.

How do you guys get those titles under your post count and vCash? Where it says "your an unknown quantity at this point."
Click user CP at the top of the page and I believe you can edit your title in edit profile or one of those.

I'm not sure about the V-cash, it may come from posting or from people giving you good feedback, I'm not sure about that though.

This is horrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family in this terrible time. R.I.P Bobby, you were a great yankee and a beautiful human being. I think we are all better people for having the honor to watch Bobby and have him come into our lives with his kind words and his positive attitude. He will be greatly missed.

How do you guys get those titles under your post count and vCash? Where it says "your an unknown quantity at this point."
You get more green "bars" and a different title the more + rep you get. Good posting will earn you that.

I remember Bobby as both a player and announcer. HE was one of my favorites growing up. I remember him playing in just about eery old timers day game. I recall when he wore the magnets in a game when the Yankees had Irabu. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers to a great guy and a true Yankee.

Sad sad news

1st Yankee game I went to see was at Shea, a double header against the Orioles

Bobby was my favorite yankee early on, and the news of his passing makes me real sad

A true Yankee that is already missed

I completely agree. Saw him forthe first time in the OLD stadium and at Shea. Was devastated when he was traded and elated when he came back. He was actuallymy second favorite Yankee as a kid. My Fav was Thurman Munson.

We have now lost my 2 Favorite all time Yankees.

RIP Bobby!!!!

Munson ws my favorite as well, but Bobby was my first Yankee hero

Can't believe he's gone

I remember he got traded away, and the Yanks picked him back up (Cubs I think) he was so pumped, he made it back to the Yankees the SAME DAY, and played

RIP Bobby

I can't begin to tell you guys how sad this makes me. He was my favorite player when I was a kid. I got to meet him at a luncheon in 1984 after he moved to the broadcast booth and I worked at a Yankee affiliate radio station. I've got a picture from that day, somewhere.

What a great guy. This is awfully depressing.

I can't begin to tell you guys how sad this makes me. He was my favorite player when I was a kid. I got to meet him at a luncheon in 1984 after he moved to the broadcast booth and I worked at a Yankee affiliate radio station. I've got a picture from that day, somewhere.

What a great guy. This is awfully depressing.

My brother was a Murcer fanatic as well back when there was little else to root for as a Yankee fan.

One of the rare times when a childhood sports hero actually lives up to everything a sports hero is supposed to be about.

Archived