http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/9329064/0/0/9349599#ID9349599

Vernon Gholston Contract Situation

reputation_icon_superstar.gif#1Jetsfan 100

Level:Superstar

Since:Jan 3, 2007

add_favs-over.gif

July 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Score: 95

As many of you guys know I frequently get inside information because of my major and all the very interesting guys i meet.

Well Yesterday my friend and I were hanging out with some kids that went to Drexel U and one of them happens to be working or interning for Ben Dogra of SFX Football Group which is located in DC. Because i knew that Dogra is Gholston agent I asked what he knows about the situation.

These arent his exact words but basically the talks were of to a rough start at first but now is going pretty smooth and that Gholston should be in camp on time because Mr. Dogra prides himself on getting his clients ready on time. I asked him how much and he said he had no idea but he thinks he heard something in the range of 6 years and 45 million.

After he told me this he asked where i interned and i told him, now i have to get him an autograph by Vince Carter which i have no idea how im going to get that because he is never in the office and its the offseason hopefully he just forgets haha.

Dont know if he is right but its just what he told me and i thought you guys would like to know

if this is true we should be hearing the good news very soon

6 yrs for 45 M.. wow.. talk about overpaying. I know it may be the payscale, but I'd be very careful paying someone who is changing positions that much.

We don't really have a choice, that's why we need a payscale system like the NBA. The draft in general is a crap shoot and to pay him about what we had to pay to get Faneca is ridiculous. If he or any pick at the top end of the draft is a bust, you **** your teams cap. Look at what Drob did to us.

We don't really have a choice, that's why we need a payscale system like the NBA. The draft in general is a crap shoot and to pay him about what we had to pay to get Faneca is ridiculous. If he or any pick at the top end of the draft is a bust, you **** your teams cap. Look at what Drob did to us.

I wouldn't have drafted him,but Im sure we couldn't get a trade partner.

I thought his contract would be exactly as much, maybe a little more than Pace's and thats exactly the situation, apparently.

Even though the 2 do not have a thing to do with one another, you're probably right. Draft choices are slotted.. He'll get more than #7, less than #5.

I think the players union and the owners will address this in the next contract. Waaaay too much money for unproven (at the pro level) talent. I don't blame the vets for getting pissed.

Do we have to give him 6 years? I don't like the idea of giving 6 years to a guy whose main problem is motivation.

I look at the front office pushing for a 6 yr contract as a positive, especially seeing how good revis is & now knowing why they wanted a 6 yr deal.

we read 2nd,3rd & 4th hand info about guys & they're character & laziness but the front office sees it 1st hand.

this new mgmt's track record on drafting is A ok so far in my eyes.

Who really cares if he holds out?

Revis held out last year and he was beastly from game 1.

Everyone panicked and it turned out Revis was the least of Jets problems in 07.

Gholston can hold out or not, he's still ready to kick Jake Long's ass week 1.

Who really cares if he holds out?

Revis held out last year and he was beastly from game 1.

Everyone panicked and it turned out Revis was the least of Jets problems in 07.

Gholston can hold out or not, he's still ready to kick Jake Long's ass week 1.

For all you know he could have been that much me 'beastly' had he have played through camp in pre-season. It could not hurt Gholstons development as a player to be there from day 1.

Adam Shefter said on Total Access tonight that the Jets & Gholston are not close.

I heard that too and it worries me. Hopefully they can get it sorted out and get him in from day 1. If he signs at the same time as Revis did last season then I see no way that Mangini will drop Thomas or Pace for the start of the season. I want to see Gholston starting on week 1.

Archived