I'm Still Not Satisfied With This Team

Ghost

How is it that the CS and FO are so completely blind and stupid about it, and you are so prescient?

I think you deserve to be recruited by Woody Johnson to rectify the injustice.

You know I keep trying to tell him that, but I get the funny feeling he's been ignoring me ;)

What it comes down to is that if Kellen can or cant play we need to know now, not next year or the year after, and IMHO he also gives us the best chance to win in the long run, I've seen what chad can offer us and it is next to nothing as a starter, but then that's just me and regardless its not in my hands.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Kellen loses to Chad its game over, I'd have trouble seeing us win a game this entire year, and I'm not trying to be funny about that either. Sure the D and power running game might be able to keep it close enough that something could happen, but it is really difficult to believe that a QB with so little in the area of physical ability can go out and compete with athletes that actually have some talent.

A monkey could lead us to 6 wins this season if there are no big injuries.

Good post, I still don't know why Pennington is on this squad. He mentioned Clemens, what's better than bringing in Favre to mentor him?

I don't know, it just makes all the sense in the world for me.

favre couldn't teach clemens anything useful, because favre plays purely instinctual. penny makes the better mentor because, while he may no longer have the requisite physical attributes, he is still one of the smartest players in the league. his pick sixes had nothing to do with being stupid mistakes so much as they had to do with physical limitations. consider this: would you prefer to groom a QB who'll play only with his heart or with both his heart and mind? imagine if clemens knew what penny knew: how to read defenses and call out the blitzers? i think that would be "better than bringing in favre to mentor him."

I still don't get this premise. The Jets are built to open it up a bit and I don't think they'd accomodate Favre implementing those short quick hit routes. Coles and Cotchery aren't built to make their living over the middle.

Also, do you really think you're a quarterback away from contending for a title? Do you think your running backs, receivers, defensive line, linebackers and corners match up with the likes of the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars and Chargers?

I don't know, if I were a Jets fan I wouldn't want to deal picks nor commit cap purgatory just to maybe squeak into the playoffs or win one more game. Why jepordize the future to do that?

I still don't get this premise. The Jets are built to open it up a bit and I don't think they'd accomodate Favre implementing those short quick hit routes. Coles and Cotchery aren't built to make their living over the middle.

Also, do you really think you're a quarterback away from contending for a title? Do you think your running backs, receivers, defensive line, linebackers and corners match up with the likes of the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars and Chargers?

I don't know, if I were a Jets fan I wouldn't want to deal picks nor commit cap purgatory just to maybe squeak into the playoffs or win one more game. Why jepordize the future to do that?

Out of curiosity, how do you think they would best be suited?

I Coles and Cotchery aren't built to make their living over the middle.

That's the ONLY place they can make their living. Neither one is a burner that can run away from cornerbacks and get deep. And even if they could get open deep, Schottenheimer never calls those plays.

Can we compete with the teams you mentioned? Maybe, I'm not sure. I think the Pats may be on the downturn, specifically on defense. I'm not impressed with the Steelers, but the Chargers are pretty damn good across the board. I can't predict the Jets' record this year simply because of all the new players that need to be integrated. Could they be 12-4? It's a possibility. It's also possible for them to be 4-12 again this year, or anything in between.

The only thing we do know about the NFL is that every year is a completely different scenario from the last year. There is usually one team that is much better than everyone thinks and one team that everyone likes that stinks it up.

favre couldn't teach clemens anything useful, because favre plays purely instinctual. penny makes the better mentor because, while he may no longer have the requisite physical attributes, he is still one of the smartest players in the league. his pick sixes had nothing to do with being stupid mistakes so much as they had to do with physical limitations. consider this: would you prefer to groom a QB who'll play only with his heart or with both his heart and mind? imagine if clemens knew what penny knew: how to read defenses and call out the blitzers? i think that would be "better than bringing in favre to mentor him."

Pennington is one of the smartest players but It would be much better for a player to lead by example and mentor him at the same time. Pennington is only doing one and that's helping him. On the other hand, Favre can mentor him and show him how to perform on the top stage level.

This argument really bugs me every time I hear it, whether on these baords or even among friends.

The FO went out and spent 140 million in FA, and people are still attacking them because they dont want to get a 40 year old band aid that they think will make this team a better contender when it simply isnt so.

The fact is despite playing in a stadium that is renoun for its home field advantage Favre has a record below .500 in the playoffs there, how do you think he'd fare here where some weeks the opposing fans can outnumber the home ones.

Also, the move to the AFC would mean better competion than he has faced in the past decade, so those already lofty INT #'s will only grow while seeing the TD's decrease.

Then there is the development of Clemens, which we still know nothing about despite people claiming that they do...he's played in seven full games (not counting NE where he threw 1 pass), we need to see what he can do over the course of a complete schedule before any judgements, or at the very least til the end of TC.

All Farve would do would hinder his development, wreck his confidence, and leave us worse off because then we would have to go out and draft another QB in two years and wait for him to develop and by that point all the money that was spent will be wasted, assuming that QB is even given a shot in the first place.

They can be a decent team with the team they have now but if they don't get very good QB play they won't be a legit contender and there is no reason to think they will get good QB play the the guys they have now.

SAY WHAT? Thats EXACTLY what their best attribute is.

quote]

Firstly, I believe the Jets are currently being formed to run the ball behind our OL. Secondly, Coles & Cotchery MAKE THEIR LIVING OVER THE MIDDLE.

Honestly, stick to your 2 win team. You know absolutely nothing about the Jets.

Pennington is one of the smartest players but It would be much better for a player to lead by example and mentor him at the same time. Pennington is only doing one and that's helping him. On the other hand, Favre can mentor him and show him how to perform on the top stage level.

What makes you think Favre would take any active role in mentoring his successor. From what I understand, he did the exact opposite in Green Bay.

Who cares if he mentors Clemens... He's BETTER THAN CLEMENS.

That wasn't the point I was speaking to. The argument was that he would be as good of a mentor as Pennington plus in the meantime is a better player. I have never heard or read anywhere that Favre has ever been helpful to a young QB. To his credit, I have heard that said of Chad, and it probably stems from the good treatment he got from Vinny when he was a young QB himself.

And yes, Favre is a far better QB than Clemens or Pennington. Duh.

That wasn't the point I was speaking to. The argument was that he would be as good of a mentor as Pennington plus in the meantime is a better player. I have never heard or read anywhere that Favre has ever been helpful to a young QB. To his credit, I have heard that said of Chad, and it probably stems from the good treatment he got from Vinny when he was a young QB himself.

And yes, Favre is a far better QB than Clemens or Pennington. Duh.

The idea of an older quarterback mentoring a younger one is COMPLETELY overrated in my opinion. Get the best players and let them play.

The idea of an older quarterback mentoring a younger one is COMPLETELY overrated in my opinion. Get the best players and let them play.

I wasn't arguing that point at all. I was only finding silliness in the alleged added bonus.

If Favre was ever added, it would have nothing to do with helping Kellen Clemens. It would be to push him aside.

I don't know how you guys feel but I think we have a playoff team right now, but I don't want us to make the playoffs and lose, nor do I just want to win 1 game. We need to get to the big one and actually win. Quite frankly, we can't do that because we have QB's who are not good enough. Not to be rude but Clemens nor Pennington are not good enough.

When a QB like Brett Favre is on the market, why in the bloody hell won't you offer the Packers a deal. It makes all the sense in the world, we're in the AFC and we need a QB more than anyone. Get this crap done! I can def picture Favre playing for us. IMO I think we're set on the trenches, both offensively and defensively.

We need to do something now!!!

I'll have to disagree. Our defense is amazing (ok i may be exaggerating but I like to say that) and Chad has proved times before that he is able to lead a team into the playoffs and I think he can do it again. Really all we need is for Chad to get his rhythm again and better blocking up front so we can have somewhat of a run game.

I don't like brett favre, I have a feeling if we get him he'll just **** up and ruin the season. I'm still a recovering yanks fan from when we got Randy Johnson though.

I wasn't arguing that point at all. I was only finding silliness in the alleged added bonus.

If Favre was ever added, it would have nothing to do with helping Kellen Clemens. It would be to push him aside.

The jets go from a question mark to division title contender the second they trade for Favre. It makes TOO much sense.

What makes you think Favre would take any active role in mentoring his successor. From what I understand, he did the exact opposite in Green Bay.

Favre always helped Rodgers, Favre even said it. It didn't seem like that because Favre saw Rodgers as a threat at 1st but It wasn't even that.

I'll have to disagree. Our defense is amazing (ok i may be exaggerating but I like to say that) and Chad has proved times before that he is able to lead a team into the playoffs and I think he can do it again. Really all we need is for Chad to get his rhythm again and better blocking up front so we can have somewhat of a run game.

I don't like brett favre, I have a feeling if we get him he'll just **** up and ruin the season. I'm still a recovering yanks fan from when we got Randy Johnson though.

How do you know our defense is that good? We have a NT who never played in a 3-4 scheme. We gave Pace a large amount of money and we still don't know how he's going to perform. As much as I love Gholston, he's a rookie, he's not Suggs nor Merriman yet.

Favre always helped Rodgers, Favre even said it. It didn't seem like that because Favre saw Rodgers as a threat at 1st but It wasn't even that.

Where do you get that from, other than making it up out of thin air?

Favre is actually on record as saying (I don't have the exact quote but something along the lines of): "It's not my job to mentor or teach him. He can watch me play." Or something along those lines.

Type: "Favre" + "It's not my job" in a google box & it'll probably come up somewhere.

Favre is actually on record as saying (I don't have the exact quote but something along the lines of): "It's not my job to mentor or teach him. He can watch me play." Or something along those lines.

Type: "Favre" + "It's not my job" in a google box & it'll probably come up somewhere.

yeah that was pretty much the quote. bringin Farve in makes no sense to me at all.

we gotta know if Kellon ain't the guy we need to go aout & find that guy cause it ain't chad. Chad is good. we need great

Rodgers was on PTI one time and explained everything, however, I do remember that quote tho.

posts like this explain why you only have a couple hundred bucks in yer vcash account. yer not often right :rl:

Archived