Deion Sanders vs Bo Jackson

Blackout

who was the better two sport athlete?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who was the better two sport athlete?

Bo would have broken every record in both postions he played in baseball & football had he not gotten hurt ,he was incredible to watch

lol

so your saying Bo would hit 62 home runs, a .440 batting average

AND score 25 TDs?

"What if's" aside, Sanders was better. Bo could have been better - but wasn't.

I agree. Prime Time is the winner here.

Baseball. This is a push. Neither really distinguished themselves here. Both were JAG. Deoin had speed and hit for a slightly better average and defense. Bo was Dave Kingman.

Football. I would give this to Deoin. Sanders was a great shutdown corner. There is no question about that. Those are rare and precous commodities. Bo was an incredible athlete, but how much of his greatness is remembering him on Tecmo? How much did he gain from coming into the NFL at week 6, 7 or 8? Other players are working on their 3rd month of contact while he is in his first week. If given a full season what would you pro-rate his numbers to? Even in his best season he would have gained 1600 yards. Very nice, but it is not like he was on pace for 2000 in any of his short seasons.

Deion was the best cornerback of all time. That fact along with the fact that he could even play baseball at a major league level automatically makes him the best two sport player. Bo was a ton of unfullfilled potential in both sports. Deion did it as well as you can in one.

Ok, for all those on Bo's nuts, I have a question.

Could any of the NFL draft picks this year duplicate his production? McFadden? Jones?

What about last year? Peterson? Lynch?

2006 draft? Addai? Jones-Drew?

2005? Gore?

2004? Jackson?

When was the last true shutdown corner drafted?

Ok, for all those on Bo's nuts, I have a question.

Could any of the NFL draft picks this year duplicate his production? McFadden? Jones?

What about last year? Peterson? Lynch?

2006 draft? Addai? Jones-Drew?

2005? Gore?

2004? Jackson?

When was the last true shutdown corner drafted?

thats easy BIG 24 D Reivis

Deion was the best cornerback of all time. That fact along with the fact that he could even play baseball at a major league level automatically makes him the best two sport player. Bo was a ton of unfullfilled potential in both sports. Deion did it as well as you can in one.

buck o'neil said that out of all the players he heard hit a baseball, the sound of the bat was completely unique from all the other players, for Babe Ruth, Josh Gibson and....Bo Jackson

Word!!!

I've never seen teams then not throw (or in Bo's case not run to his side of the play) the ball to that side of the field all game when Deon was out there.The two can not be compared.

too bad he couldn't tackle. Deon was never an all-star in baseball, and Bo today, still ranks as one of the top runningbacks of all-time.

Also, no-hold-bars cage match between the two....who ya got? ;)

too bad he couldn't tackle. Deon was never an all-star in baseball, and Bo today, still ranks as one of the top runningbacks of all-time.

Also, no-hold-bars cage match between the two....who ya got? ;)

Shutdown corners don't have to tackle.

Cage match? Yes. The Bo.

Now you are making my case for the argument we had about Gale Sayers. ;) It is the age old argument of incredible unfullfilled potential due to injury (Sayers, Bo) vs career accomplishments (Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders).

no

i'm just saying bo jackson > dave kingman lol

you said gale sayers was the #1 back ever

bo jackson is not a top 500 MLB player ever (let alone when you add in negro leaguers, cubans, asian players etc)

Archived