Separate Transaction involving Chad by 4 Pm Tomorrow

InstantClassic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha we're not even going to try and trade him, I find that funny. We're basically admitting he has zero trade value. We could have just kept him as a backup, does anybody really want Clemens as the backup?

I think the Jets would rather have Chad too - but it could divide the locker room if Chad sticks around.

The Jets have to have a trade in the works

They went to this length to get Brett...I'm sure they had a plan for this

KC or the Vikes would be good places for Chad to go. Otherwise, I still think just keep him as a backup. Usually there is a season ending injury, so we can trade Chad for a high price at that point.

Bubba Franks is in the locker room, but even without that, Favre would command respect that Clemens can't. I don't see a problem with keeping Chad as a backup. He can whine and complain but he will be ignored.

Anybody get Coles' reaction?

KC or the Vikes would be good places for Chad to go. Otherwise, I still think just keep him as a backup. Usually there is a season ending injury, so we can trade Chad for a high price at that point.

Bubba Franks is in the locker room, but even without that, Favre would command respect that Clemens can't. I don't see a problem with keeping Chad as a backup. He can whine and complain but he will be ignored.

Anybody get Coles' reaction?

I'm not sure about that. According to everything I've heard Chad is very popular in the locker room as Brett will be - but the both of them there at once could be trouble.

:rl:

Rumor is the trade was to Minnesota for a fourth round pick that could end up being a first if he brings them to the Super Bowl :bag:

That would be some ****!

Sometimes different puzzles have different pieces... thats the bets way to describe it..

The Jets needed the cap space plain and simple, they didn't want any complications to the deal to get Favre. As for Green Bay getting him for insurance, Rodgers has been put through hell by this thing. He needs to know the organization considers him THE man, and having a genuine starter as a backup will run counter to that.

Now if Green Bay can pick up a veteran who used to be a respected starter but has been a backup for the past couple of years, that would be different.

The Jets needed the cap space plain and simple, they didn't want any complications to the deal to get Favre. As for Green Bay getting him for insurance, Rodgers has been put through hell by this thing. He needs to know the organization considers him THE man, and having a genuine starter as a backup will run counter to that.

Now if Green Bay can pick up a veteran who used to be a respected starter but has been a backup for the past couple of years, that would be different.

Chad's a backup, so that's fine. You really think Chad can play in Lambeau? It's probably even worse.

Archived