Dwight Lowery Won That game For Us

SoFlaJets

Agreed. Lowery had one heck of a game.

yea I just finished watching the shortened version of the game on DTV and Lowery saved the day...too bad we don't have another safety that can cover-I'm wary of Ben Watson Sunday with Eric Smith (who I like) I see a potential weak spot

Thats the only thing that scares me on Sunday, SoFla. Ben Watson or David Thomas vs Eric Smith. Smith is garbage and just because Mangini likes him doesn't mean its right that he plays. Abram Elam should be in the game and hopefully will be in the game once Smith falters early again.

Thats the only thing that scares me on Sunday, SoFla. Ben Watson or David Thomas vs Eric Smith. Smith is garbage and just because Mangini likes him doesn't mean its right that he plays. Abram Elam should be in the game and hopefully will be in the game once Smith falters early again.

Agree 100%, I can't understand why Elam is not playing. He is always around the ball even though he is prone to the boneheaded mistake. Smith is garbage. He can't tackle and he can't cover and seeing him totally lost while his man scored the first TD last week was sickening.

what I'm hoping happens is David Barrett plays a hybrid safety/CB position against the hot TE...which is what he did in pre-season. I actually LIKE Eric Smith and think he's a sure tackler but he is over-matched by a 6'6" TE who can run AND catch

really i could have sworn brett favre did a bit of work.

sorry j/k lowery was amzing in that game. he does it again for the next few weeks he'll be the talk of the football world

there's an old football addage BJ667 that says DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS-what ended up winning that game for us Sunday? Revis' INT...but yes I loved having Brett Favre at QB instead of who Miami had

Dwight Lowery will cost the Jets a game or 2 this year, that is a given for just about any rookie cb.

He has a talent and a head for understanding the flow of the game, no doubt.

Just remember, he was playing Chad Pennington, where it was easy for him to play "under" the receiver in most situations and "cheat" that way. That will not be an every day occurence.

It is fun to watch a young, good Jet DB backfield, which is unusual for this franchise.

Dwight Lowery was the player of the game, hands down. Justin Miller will be the slot Nickelback for the remainder of the season if and when he sees the field. Lowery is here to stay.

I agree 100% but you have to give Favre some credit, he gets a TD on 4th and 13, (balsy btw) Penny or any other Jets QB would not have done that. Lowry saved the game but Favre kept us in it.

Dwight Lowery will cost the Jets a game or 2 this year, that is a given for just about any rookie cb.

He has a talent and a head for understanding the flow of the game, no doubt.

Just remember, he was playing Chad Pennington, where it was easy for him to play "under" the receiver in most situations and "cheat" that way. That will not be an every day occurence.

It is fun to watch a young, good Jet DB backfield, which is unusual for this franchise.

I just don't see it...he did have a TD throw against him Sunday to Martin but that was on an unbelievable pass from Chad, and he was NOT burned in coverage Scott...just like if we lose with a Favre Hail Mary INT I won't mind as much as the dozens of games we watched Noodle Arm lose for us-dinking and dunking...IOW, if Lowery DOES have a TD thrown against him to win the game then I fully expect it to be on a great pass and not a lack of effort or being outfoxed

I agree 100% but you have to give Favre some credit, he gets a TD on 4th and 13, (balsy btw) Penny or any other Jets QB would not have done that. Lowry saved the game but Favre kept us in it.

That throw from Favre was not "ballsy", it was common sense. So what if it were intercepted, they still would have left the D with great field position. They weren't going to score points from FG's without a kicker and taking a sack was only going to hurt the field position. Throwing a big floating lob was either going incomplete, caught for a TD, or intercepted and giving them the ball no better than on the 20 via a touchback. Throwing that ball was the smart thing to do. Unlike Chad, who would have dumped it 3 yards and been praised for not turning it over, thus padding his awesome "QB rating".

That throw from Favre was not "ballsy", it was common sense. So what if it were intercepted, they still would have left the D with great field position. They weren't going to score points from FG's without a kicker and taking a sack was only going to hurt the field position. Throwing a big floating lob was either going incomplete, caught for a TD, or intercepted and giving them the ball no better than on the 20 via a touchback. Throwing that ball was the smart thing to do. Unlike Chad, who would have dumped it 3 yards and been praised for not turning it over, thus padding his awesome "QB rating".

and record setting completion percentage....

Dwight Lowery is the man! For a rookie to have that kind of game in his first NFL game is amazing. Justin Miller couldn't have broken up those back to back end zone pass plays on his best day.

exactly Petro-that's what I'm saying...Miller has NEVER made two plays like that his whole career and Dwight makes 2.....back to back

Let me just leave it at this-

We cant have it both ways:

-Say that Penny has a weak arm and that any defense in the league is able to stop him

AND

-Then say a Lowery tandem at CB with strong defense against the same Chad Pennington portends a future all-pro.

I like what I see, but I temper enthusisam somewhat.

I couldn't agree more with this. I was VERY impressed with Lowery and have been since day 1 with him. That being said, we cannot get carried away....YET. He played extremely well, vs a terrible WR and predictable QB, He'll have much tougher times throughout his career than the Miami Dolphins, rest assured.

Also, as for this MVP of the game stuff. Maybe, but that's only when you take into account that he was a rookie playing his first game. If we're talking MVP based purely on performance, it was Revis...Without a shadow of a doubt.

Gave up 1 catch the entire game and came away with the game winning play (That play won the game, Not Lowery's. Revis was the star of the game, he's going to be a great CB, if he's not one already.

Agree 100%, I can't understand why Elam is not playing. He is always around the ball even though he is prone to the boneheaded mistake. Smith is garbage. He can't tackle and he can't cover and seeing him totally lost while his man scored the first TD last week was sickening.

At the beginning of TC Elam had his third sibling murdered in gang related violence. He missed a few weeks of camp. I'm also sure it will take a little while for him to get his head together.

He will be starting before the season is over IMO

Still, let's not lose sight of the fact that Lowery is the one that got beat for the second TD. Sure he was close to the guy, but it shouldn't be hard for a CB to stay with a TE.

I disagree. There is not a CB in the NFL that could have prevented that TD. Unless there is a CB who is either 6'5" or has a 48" vertical leap. Quickness had nothing to do with that play. Chad threw an absolutely perfect touch pass with great arc to a tall TE. Nothing Lowery or any CB could have done.

yea I just finished watching the shortened version of the game on DTV and Lowery saved the day...too bad we don't have another safety that can cover-I'm wary of Ben Watson Sunday with Eric Smith (who I like) I see a potential weak spot

I'm still unhappy thery didn't sign a S after the second cuts

I disagree. There is not a CB in the NFL that could have prevented that TD. Unless there is a CB who is either 6'5" or has a 48" vertical leap. Quickness had nothing to do with that play. Chad threw an absolutely perfect touch pass with great arc to a tall TE. Nothing Lowery or any CB could have done.

absolutely DM-and it's not like DL got burned it was a great pass

Archived