DEFENSIVELY speaking.

JETSFAN5180

Bob Sutton needs to be FIRED today.New England started basically an inexperienced QB.The NYJETS should have blitzed him plenty and often.This defense is much more talented than what we've seen so far.Barely beating CP and Miami and now a loss to New EnglaND MINUS Tom Brady.

The defense was on the field for long periods of time in the 2nd half, I can't blame them also Pats have a lot of RB's that can bruise and wear down the defense. If we didn't have stupid penalties and so many 3 n outs, the defense would've looked much better in crunch time IMO.

I didn't read your other thread but I think you want to fire both Mangini and Sutton. Today.

Maybe they can get Kiffin to come in on Tuesday and turn things around, lol.

Im not the only one.This team is unprepared and poorly coached.Last years excuse was the NYJETS didnt have an offensive line or a QB.This year I pin the poor performance this week and last week on the coaching staff.We barely beat Maimi.

Im not the only one.This team is unprepared and poorly coached.Last years excuse was the NYJETS didnt have an offensive line or a QB.This year I pin the poor performance this week and last week on the coaching staff.We barely beat Maimi.

You're right man. Fukk it, fire Schott, Mangini, Sutton, hell the whole staff. We can play the season without coaches. Makes sense :baby:

You're right man. Fukk it, fire Schott, Mangini, Sutton, hell the whole staff. We can play the season without coaches. Makes sense :baby:

Never said that.....read the posts.Am I the only 1 being critical of this coaching staff.Mangini is not the same coach he was his first year here.Bob Sutton is terrible and you know it.

Never said that.....read the posts.Am I the only 1 being critical of this coaching staff.Mangini is not the same coach he was his first year here.Bob Sutton is terrible and you know it.

Sutton is terrible, but we can't fire a coach 2 weeks into the season. This defense still has to gel. They didn't play as bad as you paint it.

Please. This game is entirley on the offense and kicking game.

The defense was STOUT for most of the game and put a lot of preassure on cassel. We had 4 sacks and many hurries and knockdowns.

When you have your defense playing from the freaking 50 yard line on every drive its kind of hard to not to get worn out.

The defense played very well. Belicheck countered the blitzes (and jenkins) with well executed trap hand offs to Lamont Jordan. In the end, the Jets would have had a chance to win had Jordan not rammed the ball down our throats -- with basically one play over and over again.

I dont habe the energy to be on the boards today and read and respond to all of this at all after yesterday, but i will say this THE DEFENSE WASNT THE PROBLEM. the only touchdown NE scored was based on the special teams putting them in good field position. they were on the field a lot and held NE to field goals. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE dont use the defense as the cop out for yesterdays loss.

The defense played very well. Belicheck countered the blitzes (and jenkins) with well executed trap hand offs to Lamont Jordan. In the end, the Jets would have had a chance to win had Jordan not rammed the ball down our throats -- with basically one play over and over again.

I agree. and even then, Jordan's runs came when Jenkins was on the side-line. When our second stringers were in the game, the Pats ran right at them.

It is so easy for everyone to say "we should have blitzed more". That is everyone's solution to fixing defenses.

Oh, if it were only so easy.

The Jets did blitz yesterday. They tried to mix that up, with varied degrees of success.

The Patriots were counting on a blitz yesterday, and were showing 3 -5 step drops and getting the ball out short. That is an offense, if done correctly, will beat a blitz, and may make big pleays.

You combat that by jamming at the line and dropping LBs into short zones, which the jets did also. tpo varied degrees of success.

I love the blitz solution.

Archived