Derek Jeter appreciation thread

MagicBizkit87

I am surprised I didn't see a post that he passed the Iron Horse.

Nice job Derek, no one will ever break that record.

Why would anyone care about this?

Can you name the player with the most hits at Fenway Park, Tiger Stadium, Camden Yards, etc?

Why would anyone care about this?

Can you name the player with the most hits at Fenway Park, Tiger Stadium, Camden Yards, etc?

Because Yankee Stadium is Yankee Stadium, the best Stadium in the world. Ask any tourist around the world, what baseball stadium they would want to go to. I guarantee you the majority, or about 99% of them would say Yankee Stadium. It's the greatest stadium in all of sports.

Plus the fact that Fenway Park, although a park that has tons of history, is basically a dump, and those other stadiums, do the Tigers even have fans? The orioles although great fans that are basically put through hell every year.

The point is, it's Yankee Stadium, like I said greatest sports venue ever, who cares about the Boston franchise, or any other gay ass franchise.

$20M/year and you guys are happy with a limited range slap hitting shortstop...unbelievable.

the "clutch" moniker is wrong. the leadership is questionable at best. where has all of the leadership been the last few years? what has jeter won without guys like o'neil, tino, bernie, etc...

Were you conceived near a microwave ?

Did you sleep through the dynasty ? Did you sleep through the big plays on the field ? Can you not appreciate the leadership he has provided on this team ? I'm sorry that he didn't have a jeter-like season. You can't sleep walk through 4 ws championships in NYC. The pressure alone breaks most guys. He has been the consumate professional in his entire career. If you can't see that , you probably think Yogi was the Pippen of the 50's.

Because Yankee Stadium is Yankee Stadium, the best Stadium in the world. Ask any tourist around the world, what baseball stadium they would want to go to. I guarantee you the majority, or about 99% of them would say Yankee Stadium. It's the greatest stadium in all of sports.

Plus the fact that Fenway Park, although a park that has tons of history, is basically a dump, and those other stadiums, do the Tigers even have fans? The orioles although great fans that are basically put through hell every year.

The point is, it's Yankee Stadium, like I said greatest sports venue ever, who cares about the Boston franchise, or any other gay ass franchise.

I'm not sure if you know this but baseball is not a big sport outside of America, Japan and a handful of Central American Country's.

There are many candidates for greatest sporting venues in the World. Yankee Stadium would probably be in the Top 20.

I'm not sure if you know this but baseball is not a big sport outside of America, Japan and a handful of Central American Country's.

There are many candidates for greatest sporting venues in the World. Yankee Stadium would probably be in the Top 20.

True. But as an American I could care less about the Brazilian stadiums that hold 200k people , or the Mexican Soccer venues where people launch urine and fecal matter at each other. This is the US that we are in, and we care about American things like apple pie, NFL, and baseball. I frankly could care less what other countries and their sports do.

True. But as an American I could care less about the Brazilian stadiums that hold 200k people , or the Mexican Soccer venues where people launch urine and fecal matter at each other. This is the US that we are in, and we care about American things like apple pie, NFL, and baseball. I frankly could care less what other countries and their sports do.

I understand that, but I think you are smart enough to know that claiming Yankee Stadium is the best sports venue in the World is a little shortsighted.

Unlike JCB, I'm sure you have actually left the USA and visited other Country's.

MCG: http://www.mcg.org.au

Lords: http://www.lords.org

I understand that, but I think you are smart enough to know that claiming Yankee Stadium is the best sports venue in the World is a little shortsighted.

Unlike JCB, I'm sure you have actually left the USA and visited other Country's.

MCG: http://www.mcg.org.au

Lords: http://www.lords.org

I have visited Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and watched the "Classic" with 160k+ people screaming. I have visisted a few venues in Canada, and I would like to see a Manchester United game in England one day. There are many stadiums throughout the world that people consider sacrate. But in North America, the Yankees are the most successful franchise in history. The stadium has hosted epic games that no one will ever forget. I am not a Red Sox fan, but I recognize Fenway to also be part of baseball history, as is Wrigley. I guess as older fans that we are, we are more nostalgic when we these places go away. I am not a Mets fan, but I witnessed Dwight Gooden break the rookie strikeout record for a season, in person. just memories we have of those ballparks. I'm sure many people throughout the world are Yankee fans and never got a chance to visit the stadium. Just my .02

I have visited Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and watched the "Classic" with 160k+ people screaming. I have visisted a few venues in Canada, and I would like to see a Manchester United game in England one day. There are many stadiums throughout the world that people consider sacrate. But in North America, the Yankees are the most successful franchise in history. The stadium has hosted epic games that no one will ever forget. I am not a Red Sox fan, but I recognize Fenway to also be part of baseball history, as is Wrigley. I guess as older fans that we are, we are more nostalgic when we these places go away. I am not a Mets fan, but I witnessed Dwight Gooden break the rookie strikeout record for a season, in person. just memories we have of those ballparks. I'm sure many people throughout the world are Yankee fans and never got a chance to visit the stadium. Just my .02

The thing is that a 20 something (JCB are you 20?) started this thread. I love Americans to death but some of them have never left the Country and they have a very jingoistic view of the World.

The thing is that a 20 something (JCB are you 20?) started this thread. I love Americans to death but some of them have never left the Country and they have a very jingoistic view of the World.
I've been in the UK on a soccer weekend day, and there's no way around it; soccer is boring as hell. You soccer enthusiasts are all pissed off becuase around the age of 12 we figure out it's a pointless game.Pick up the ball and run with it, and stop diving like Greg Louganis at a Boy Scout jamboree. The game SUCKS. It's a silly game the Brits conceived and propogated so the locals wouldn't develop hand-to-eye coordination.Don't hold it against us that we have collectively figured iout it's pointless.

Jeter is one of the all-time greats, period. Though his range is waning and what power he had is pretty much gone.

I've been in the UK on a soccer weekend day, and there's no way around it; soccer is boring as hell. You soccer enthusiasts are all pissed off becuase around the age of 12 we figure out it's a pointless game.Pick up the ball and run with it, and stop diving like Greg Louganis at a Boy Scout jamboree. The game SUCKS. It's a silly game the Brits conceived and propogated so the locals wouldn't develop hand-to-eye coordination.Don't hold it against us that we have collectively figured iout it's pointless.

Jeter is one of the all-time greats, period. Though his range is waning and what power he had is pretty much gone.

Way to miss the point mate. Wow, just wow. I don't even know what to say after that misguided rant.

Way to miss the point mate. Wow, just wow. I don't even know what to say after that misguided rant.

Point is the rest of the world wants to tell Americans we're dumb silly geese for not caring about the rest of the planet and the things they like. There are some wonderful people and countries around the world. But the more I travel and meet people from far away lands, the more I prefer America and Americans. Antecdotally those imbecile protesting students I met in Paris in 1982 calling Reagan the devil were WRONG, and very WRONG. It's one example, but it's stayed with me ever since. ANd I'm a little tired of the "Americans are jingoistic rubes" nonsense. America is bad.And why is it, today of all days, you bring this up? Other than to call us all jingoistic rubes?

Point is the rest of the world wants to tell Americans we're dumb silly geese for not caring about the rest of the planet and the things they like. There are some wonderful people and countries around the world. But the more I travel and meet people from far away lands, the more I prefer America and Americans. Antecdotally those imbecile protesting students I met in Paris in 1982 calling Reagan the devil were WRONG, and very WRONG. It's one example, but it's stayed with me ever since. ANd I'm a little tired of the "Americans are jingoistic rubes" nonsense. America is bad.And why is it, today of all days, you bring this up? Other than to call us all jingoistic rubes?

There is nothing wrong with Americans. I live here and love this place. The problem I have is that a good percentage of Americans have never left the Country and then make stupid statements like, "Yankee Stadium is the best sporting venue in the World."

That kind of ignorance is why America isn't looked on to fondly by the rest of the World.

Don't blame me for the idiotic Texans who go to Australia and act like, well, Texans.

BTW: Your sig is helping the cause either.

Soccer is a great sport. I don't know how so many Americans love the NBA and yet think soccer is boring. The NBA is as unwatchable as it gets, soccer provides great suspense and entertainment, and the players are truly amazing at the game. I love watching English Premier League games when I get the chance. I watched a ton of the UEFA cup games.

Screw the NBA. Go European Football.

And Derek Jeter is awesome. That's all there is too it.

I really enjoy the USA games in the world cup and olympics. The fact is that you can't really enjoy it like they do unless you know the game and you who you're rooting for and really want to root for them. It's just like the NBA for me, I only enjoy watching it in the playoffs after I pick one of the teams to root for cause I really couldn't care less about any of them during the regular season. I enjoy high school and college basketball cause I know who I'm rooting for.

Gainzo

Go piss on someone elses parade

You're being a douchebag tonight

Good for you Yankees fans. It was your place and many memories are there for you.

The rest of us don't give a crap so don't make Yankee Stadium to be the best thing ever. Got it?

Archived