Late Nite Crew thread

Smizzy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad there isnt any leagues like that around my neck of the woods.

There might be BK. I know some areas that have outdoor church league teams. It's a good way to attract people to church. They have 2 such leagues like that for football here in Buffalo and lots for Basketball in the winter.

There might be BK. I know some areas that have outdoor church league teams. It's a good way to attract people to church. They have 2 such leagues like that for football here in Buffalo and lots for Basketball in the winter.

Everyones Bball crazy up here, I really suck at it. Id be more fit as a DE/G or T. 6-1 265. We tried to put a semi pro team together for a league that was floating around 10-12 years back, (pre-knee surgeries) but there wasnt many takers. I do have a genuine NFL knee brace though........

Everyones Bball crazy up here, I really suck at it. Id be more fit as a DE/G or T. 6-1 265. We tried to put a semi pro team together for a league that was floating around 10-12 years back, (pre-knee surgeries) but there wasnt many takers. I do have a genuine NFL knee brace though........

That's a great start :bag: . I had one but after my 4th knee surgery I don't need it anymore thank God. Nor do I need the constant ibuprofin routine.

That's a great start :bag: . I had one but after my 4th knee surgery I don't need it anymore thank God. Nor do I need the constant ibuprofin routine.

I dont wear it much now either, although I still dont trust my stability or range of motion. That thing is hot to wear very long anyway. Ibuprofin gives me rot-gut, hate it.

I dont wear it much now either, although I still dont trust my stability or range of motion. That thing is hot to wear very long anyway. Ibuprofin gives me rot-gut, hate it.

Hot to wear? Sounds like one of the neoprene ones. I always hated them since they "sweat" so much , it would soak your leg then run down into the socks. The latest one I used has all fabric with the steel hinges so once you get use to it it wasn't have bad. I'm lucky that aspirin/ibuprofin doesn't bother my stomach. At least not yet. ;)

Hot to wear? Sounds like one of the neoprene ones. I always hated them since they "sweat" so much , it would soak your leg then run down into the socks. The latest one I used has all fabric with the steel hinges so once you get use to it it wasn't have bad. I'm lucky that aspirin/ibuprofin doesn't bother my stomach. At least not yet. ;)

Yeah it has a "stocking" sleeve that you wear underneath so it doesnt keep sliding down. It has cloth pads at all the contact points, so its hot whether I use the sleeve or not. Its a carbon fiber brace that is made from plaster casts to custom fit your leg, there is no flexing that thing. Its good for river fishing where theres slippery rocks, glad I was wearing it more than once.

Hey ThaiJet

The flag football league has openings for teams... looks like I need to hit the practice field and get a team together...

That's great news !! From my experience get the maximum number of players you can for your roster. People are scum when it comes to comitting. As I mentioned we play 7 man. We had 11 "ins" as of Friday nite late. Ro and I get there 10am Saturday for our 11 am game and we only had 9. One guy got "sick" Saturday morning and called off. Of course he only gets "sick" when he's back with his GF. He plays about 2-3 games a year out of 12. The other guy forgot he had a softball game on Monday and didn't want to get hurt. Of course he remembered at 10 am Saturday. People :mad0222: !! Let me know how it goes. Any chance of you joining one of the existing teams if you can't get enough people to start your own? Always good to have a back up plan. Wish I were closer, I'd play.

I'm starting to get fired up for this game. :blowup::wild:

Yeah the 1st game means SO much, especially against the Panzies. I remember a few years back when we got destroyed opening day against KC. Kinda set the mood for the rest of the year in a huge negative way.

Yeah the 1st game means SO much, especially against the Panzies. I remember a few years back when we got destroyed opening day against KC. Kinda set the mood for the rest of the year in a huge negative way.

We're gonna be ready to play in the opener. with Herm it was usually a disgrace on opening day.

That's great news !! From my experience get the maximum number of players you can for your roster. People are scum when it comes to comitting. As I mentioned we play 7 man. We had 11 "ins" as of Friday nite late. Ro and I get there 10am Saturday for our 11 am game and we only had 9. One guy got "sick" Saturday morning and called off. Of course he only gets "sick" when he's back with his GF. He plays about 2-3 games a year out of 12. The other guy forgot he had a softball game on Monday and didn't want to get hurt. Of course he remembered at 10 am Saturday. People :mad0222: !! Let me know how it goes. Any chance of you joining one of the existing teams if you can't get enough people to start your own? Always good to have a back up plan. Wish I were closer, I'd play.

Yeah Im going to hopefully land on a team if I cant start one... looks like I may be able to start one though...

I went and tossed the ball around today... I have a better spiral than I did in high school... but I got tired a lot quicker...

Yeah Im going to hopefully land on a team if I cant start one... looks like I may be able to start one though...

I went and tossed the ball around today... I have a better spiral than I did in high school... but I got tired a lot quicker...

Give it time. I throw every day (or at least 6 of 7) for 4 weeks prior to our opener to build up the arm strenght. Don't overdo it early and get sore, it'll set you back.

Give it time. I throw every day (or at least 6 of 7) for 4 weeks prior to our opener to build up the arm strenght. Don't overdo it early and get sore, it'll set you back.

I just need to find a WR to throw it to now... I was throwing to my potential lineman today... it was ugly! lol

I just tuned into 'Homicidal', a classic William Castle schlockfest. It's such a terrible film that it's fantastic. I don't think I'll make it past 4:00 a.m. EST, but I'll keep my eyelids propped open with toothpicks to see the first kill. Hahaha, this movie bites.

I don't recall that film at all. Sounds like I'm lucky judging by your comments. ;)

I don't recall that film at all. Sounds like I'm lucky judging by your comments. ;)

Bellhop: "This is a hundred bucks tip, lady." "Count the rest." "There's 19 hundred here." "Plus the 100, that makes two thousand. It's yours if you marry me in September." "Why?" "Just do it, and it's all yours!" "OK." He could have just thrown her out the window and pocketed the dough. No such brainstorm.

Hahaha! Holy Cr*p! She stabbed the justice of the peace after he pronounced them man and wife! She's satisfied her bloodlust for the moment.

Bellhop: "This is a hundred bucks tip, lady." "Count the rest." "There's 19 hundred here." "Plus the 100, that makes two thousand. It's yours if you marry me in September." "Why?" "Just do it, and it's all yours!" "OK." He could have just thrown her out the window and pocketed the dough. No such brainstorm.

Hahaha! Holy Cr*p! She stabbed the justice of the peace after he pronounced them man and wife! She's satisfied her bloodlust for the moment.

Damn now you've really tweaked my interest Jan. Maybe I'll add it to my Netflicks list after all.

Archived