Can Kerry Collins beat us?

Bravejamriot

The Jets will stop the run, they've showed that all year. Cassell was NE's leading rusher on scrambles.

The last couple Tennessee games Collins has had to perform and he has. But I remember from his Giants days that when given time he can throw with the best of them, but under pressure he folds like a lawn chair and Giants fans all remember his fumblitis. As long as we send more than 3 after him we should be able to hold Tennessee's Offense in check.

The Jets will stop the run, they've showed that all year. Cassell was NE's leading rusher on scrambles.

The last couple Tennessee games Collins has had to perform and he has. But I remember from his Giants days that when given time he can throw with the best of them, but under pressure he folds like a lawn chair and Giants fans all remember his fumblitis. As long as we send more than 3 after him we should be able to hold Tennessee's Offense in check.

That's the key. Wonder if the defensive coaches have learned their lesson.

No.

Simply put, Justin Gage does not make the plays he made last night against Darrelle Revis. Take out those 2 big plays that Revis' would've stopped and you have a 14-10 Jacksonville victory.

This is the best team Tennessee has faced all season.

Collins can beat us, especially if there defense causes turnovers like they do often. The key will be to stop the run, but we need to pressure Collins often and early.

I dont think the key really is us on the defense side, but more us being able to do some the things on offense that work. If we can run early and often and TJ can have a good day mixed with a little Leon then Brett will have the chance to make a play or two down the field (Keller vs. Stl and Cotch vs NE). Tenn's secondary gives up the big plays, hopefully we can convert on that once or twice. Will be a very good game.

He can. But if we get aggressive on D, I don't see how they're going to score. We should be able to slow their running game, and Gage vs. Revis is a matchup I like.

The Titans will also slow our running game, if not stop it, so it will come down to Favre. Their secondary is their weakness, and if we can move the ball through the air, we should be able to score some points and get a win.

He can. But if we get aggressive on D, I don't see how they're going to score. We should be able to slow their running game, and Gage vs. Revis is a matchup I like.

The Titans will also slow our running game, if not stop it, so it will come down to Favre. Their secondary is their weakness, and if we can move the ball through the air, we should be able to score some points and get a win.

Remember, our secondary is our weakness too. Their WRs are not great, but neither are ours. The teams are made up very similar.

Remember, our secondary is our weakness too. Their WRs are not great, but neither are ours. The teams are made up very similar.

I'll take Coles, Cotchery, and Stuckey over Gage, Justin friggin McCareins, and Brandon Jones.

I'll take Keller over Crumpler in this stage of his career.

I'll damn sure take Favre over Collins.

The only thing we MUST do is stop their running game.

The OL needs to give Favre time to throw also.

It should be a helluva game and probably a nailbiter

I'll take Coles, Cotchery, and Stuckey over Gage, Justin friggin McCareins, and Brandon Jones.

I'll take Keller over Crumpler in this stage of his career.

I'll damn sure take Favre over Collins.

The only thing we MUST do is stop their running game.

The OL needs to give Favre time to throw also.

It should be a helluva game and probably a nailbiter

Speaking of which, hows he doing this year? Haven't heard much about him.

No, our secondary is not great. But if we take Gage out of the game with Revis, they're not left with much.

And Favre + our receivers is a much bigger advantage than Collins + Gage and JMac.

I disagree with blitzing and very rarely do I do that.

Their best chance of beating us through the air is checking it down to the RB's and TE's. They aren't going to beat us downfield so they'll be running short passing plays to get the ball out of Collins hands quickly. IMO we need to cover the underneath stuff and rely on 4-5 guys to get pressure on Collins. If we sellout and blitz we open up all kinds of space for the likes of Chris Johnson or Bo Scaife to burn us on screens/checkdowns. That's JMO but I don't feel comfortable in bringing the house against that team, they don't scare me with their downfield passing game.

I disagree with blitzing and very rarely do I do that.

Their best chance of beating us through the air is checking it down to the RB's and TE's. They aren't going to beat us downfield so they'll be running short passing plays to get the ball out of Collins hands quickly. IMO we need to cover the underneath stuff and rely on 4-5 guys to get pressure on Collins. If we sellout and blitz we open up all kinds of space for the likes of Chris Johnson or Bo Scaife to burn us on screens/checkdowns. That's JMO but I don't feel comfortable in bringing the house against that team, they don't scare me with their downfield passing game.

Accurate opinion. Watch the Titans play. They throw Pennington like passes all day until you move up to stop them and then they go over the top (on occasion, not too often). I'd play 2 deep safeties to prevent the over the top throw and play the rest of the guys stacked up close to prevent these dump downs and short passes.

I also think Jenkins is going to manhandle Mawae, but that's just me. Mawae always struggled against much bigger guys.

I agree that we have a weapon advantage. my concern is the domination in the trenches for 4 quarters. we need a good balance of ground & air sustained enough to keep their D on the field. mimimize the 3 & outs which can easily be achieved with the newfound favre/keller combo. the seam & quik slants

Speaking of which, hows he doing this year? Haven't heard much about him.

As good as Eric Smith

Game notes

Jaguars LB Mike Peterson, inactive last week after getting sent home for insubordination, played mostly on special teams and in a backup role. ... Jacksonville set a franchise record with 10 punts. ... The Titans also played without defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch (groin) and receiver Justin McCareins (concussion)

Collins doesn't need to beat us but if needs to he can.

Just take a look at the Bears game two weeks ago. The Bears basically went in looking to take away the running game and Collins said ok and chipped away with short passes.

If Tennessee plays defense against the Jets the way they have most of the season the Jets will be hard pressed to win. They are a physical bunch and their DL has been overpowering at times.

It will be a great test for the the Jets.

Can Collins beat us...do we really have to ask that question?? At this point, I can probably throw for 200yds and a couple of TD's against the Jets. I hate to say it, but we need help. I think the Patriot game really showed how far mangini is from his daddy. He could not do anything to change the game plan in the second half, if he ever does we shall win, until then we are gonna be in a butt load of close games, and please don't get me started on the prevent defense.

Having said all of that, I do have a good feeling about this game. I say we win. A nice defensive game sounds good to me.

Collins doesn't need to beat us but if needs to he can.

Just take a look at the Bears game two weeks ago. The Bears basically went in looking to take away the running game and Collins said ok and chipped away with short passes.

If Tennessee plays defense against the Jets the way they have most of the season the Jets will be hard pressed to win. They are a physical bunch and their DL has been overpowering at times.

It will be a great test for the the Jets.

agreed, I'll be curious to see how we move the ball against them. I like the extra days to figure it out though. I expect a good gameplan goin in which hopefully will produce some points & force Kerry into stuff he doesn't wanna do. He does get frustrated easily. We need to rattle him

if jamarcus russel can beat the jets so can a 10-0 kerry collins.

the biggest key to this game is favre not throwing for a titans touchdown. if the jets can hold onto the ball and not have those costly turnovers they should be close.

tenn is going to be able to run the ball. they may not run for 150+ but they will run it with some success. if the jets can bend but not break, hold tenn to fg's, and not give up TD's while on offense, they have a great chance to win.

Collins could definately beat the Jets.

I disagree with the notion that the Jets shouldn't do heavy blitzing. Yes, they shouldn't blitz all the time, but they certainly shouldn't repeat what they did against the Pats (5 blitzes on 31 downs in 2nd half with only 5 man rushes). I don't like Pace in coverage, that's ineffective and unfair to him. He's best around the ball and attacking the line of scrimmage.

I disagree with the notion that the Jets shouldn't do heavy blitzing. Yes, they shouldn't blitz all the time, but they certainly shouldn't repeat what they did against the Pats (5 blitzes on 31 downs in 2nd half with only 5 man rushes). I don't like Pace in coverage, that's ineffective and unfair to him. He's best around the ball and attacking the line of scrimmage.

good point smc. I rewatched our victory over the weekend & agree that pace needs to rush not pass defend. we don't need the dble coverage on 2 players like we needed against pats. I expect a good dose of pressuring collins & hopefully some turnovers.

There's a difference between 'heavy blitzing' and rushing 4-5. A 4 man rush is basically the standard around the NFL, bringing a 5th man would be fine because you're not exactly selling out and I agree that I don't want to see Pace in coverage as he's our best pass rusher. I don't want to see a 3 man rush though, that just doesn't work against any offense.

So basically I want us to bring 4-5 guys through most of the game, but rarely any more than that. If we constantly throw the house at Collins you'll see the likes of Johnson and Scaife roasting this team underneath.

Archived