Yankees Preparing an Offer to AJ Burnett (5 years)

Barton

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11182008/sports/yankees/yankees_prepare_a_j__offer_139209.htm

The Yankees, according to several industry insiders, spent yesterday preparing an offer - perhaps a five-year deal worth about $80 million - for Toronto righty A.J. Burnett. This would come after they offered Milwaukee lefty CC Sabathia a six-year contract worth between $140 million and $145 million.

----------------

A 5 year deal for a 32 year old pitcher who gets injured every other year? I like Burnett, but this is just stupid. Not to mention he's never been worth 16 mill a season.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11182008/sports/yankees/yankees_prepare_a_j__offer_139209.htm

The Yankees, according to several industry insiders, spent yesterday preparing an offer - perhaps a five-year deal worth about $80 million - for Toronto righty A.J. Burnett. This would come after they offered Milwaukee lefty CC Sabathia a six-year contract worth between $140 million and $145 million.

----------------

A 5 year deal for a 32 year old pitcher who gets injured every other year? I like Burnett, but this is just stupid. Not to mention he's never been worth 16 mill a season.

My question is, what's CC waiting for? Someone to offer him more than what the Yanks offered?

Stupid, just stupid.

Sign C.C. & Lowe and stay far, far away from AJ Burnett. He is HORRIBLE. His best season was this year and if it wasn't the Yankees or Red Sox his ERA was over 4. 18 wins is his career high. Zero post season experience.

Stay away from Burnett.

Stupid, just stupid.

Sign C.C. & Lowe and stay far, far away from AJ Burnett. He is HORRIBLE. His best season was this year and if it wasn't the Yankees or Red Sox his ERA was over 4. 18 wins is his career high. Zero post season experience.

Stay away from Burnett.

he has some post season experience he got to WATCH his team win a WS in 03 lol

Stupid, just stupid.

Stay away from Burnett.

I only see the guy pitch against the Yankees.And every time, Burnett seems to go late into games, challenges hitters and throws strikes. I known he has an injury history, but if they're comfortable with their due diligence, Burnett will be a solid pickup.

Stupid, just stupid.

Stay away from Burnett.

I hate to say it but it reeks of Carl Pavano part II. Burnett has much better stuff, but he's a little bitch when it comes to injuries.

I only see the guy pitch against the Yankees.And every time, Burnett seems to go late into games, challenges hitters and throws strikes. I known he has an injury history, but if they're comfortable with their due diligence, Burnett will be a solid pickup.

Burnett has only performed against the Yankees & Red Sox. Thats it. Is he really worth 5 years, $80 million to beat the Red Sox twice a season and have a 4+ ERA the rest of the time? Is he? I don't think so. Go with the proven WINNER and postseason experienced man in Derek Lowe.

If the Yanks get CC for six years, Burnett for five, give Wang an eventual extension that'll probably be for at least five years, and have Joba in the rotation on top of rumors that they're also going to offer a deal to Derek Lowe, does that make Phil Hughes trade bait or send him to the 'pen for a few seasons?

If the Yanks get CC for six years, Burnett for five, give Wang an eventual extension that'll probably be for at least five years, and have Joba in the rotation on top of rumors that they're also going to offer a deal to Derek Lowe, does that make Phil Hughes trade bait or send him to the 'pen for a few seasons?

He's trade bait right now. But I think if we get 2 pitchers this offseason, Hughes goes to the minors full time in 09', where he belongs.

Archived