No suspension for Matt Light

PatriotReign37

and Eric Smith gets suspended for a hit while flying across the sky and landing one on Boldin...WTF is it with the double standards when it comes to New England with this commish anyway?

Matt Cassell called up the Commish late last night...

He was scared and crying.

He offered him 20% of his guaranteed money next year with a plea.

"Please don't take my left tackle away for the Steelers game. I'm fragile".

and Eric Smith gets suspended for a hit while flying across the sky and landing one on Boldin...WTF is it with the double standards when it comes to New England with this commish anyway?

Totally agree, SFJ. No matter what the NFL says, the Smith hit was a clean football hit. Guys are going full speed, with Smith trying to knock the ball free. Light was throwing punches. This is just another example of how arbitrary the NFL--specifically Commissioner Good-Sell-Out--has become.

They are?

Since when?

;)

They are going to end up 9-7 thanks to a very weak schedule.

What a ridiculous statement. You clowns beat a very weak and overrated Titans team. We simply had an off day against the Pats. We'll be 10-5 going to Bew York at end of December. Keep convincing yourself that we're not contenders. Keep it up. We're a solid team. Unlike the Jests, who are and will always be NOTHING!

What a ridiculous statement. You clowns beat a very weak and overrated Titans team. We simply had an off day against the Pats. We'll be 10-5 going to Bew York at end of December. Keep convincing yourself that we're not contenders. Keep it up. We're a solid team. Unlike the Jests, who are and will always be NOTHING!

:rl:

I see you've come back out of the woods, surprising it took you so long, especially after a loss to New England to do so.

So are the Dolphins running the table from here on out with Chad Pennington, who you bashed the past few years over and over again? ;)

But hey man, welcome back.

17 out of 21 and 20-14 Week 1. Enjoy. :)

This is the funniest troll on the net....You should think of joining the circus enjoy your 9-7 and next year 4-12 when you get an NFL schedule

Totally agree, SFJ. No matter what the NFL says, the Smith hit was a clean football hit. Guys are going full speed, with Smith trying to knock the ball free. Light was throwing punches. This is just another example of how arbitrary the NFL--specifically Commissioner Good-Sell-Out--has become.

and....a $25,000 fine like 10% of Eric Smith's salary which is a lot less than say Wilfat's when he gets fined 25 grand works out to what maybe 5%?

What? What are you, a clown act? You lost every last shred of credibility you had, which was nothing anyway. Go have a Cuban sandwich, a frosty one, and cool the f**k out.

You know I do. $673,000. He was a high 3rd round pick.

The hit cost him $50,000 plus 1 game-check for being suspended, which is another $42,000.

$92,000 total, or just under 14% of his annual salary.

Light makes $3.75M in base salary. We'll see what his fine is.

How the Player's Union accepts this has always amazed me. They should get the NFL fine situation in order or threaten to pull their membership. How, in good conscience, can you impose such an exorbitant financial penalty on a player that is not, comparatively, making that much, especially for a borderline illegal hit at best?

Time out.

Eric Smith got suspended for a clean hit on Anquan Boldin and Matt Light doesn't get a suspension for fighting? Vince Wilfork doesn't get a suspension despite a lengthy history of dirty hits?

I get it now. A non-star player or non-Patriot hurts a star player despite no malicious intent or illegality in the play = suspension.

Star player or Patriot maliciously and deliberately injures non-star or breaks numerous rules = no suspension.

Thank G-d for Roger Goodell and his even handed justice. :rolleyes:

How the Player's Union accepts this has always amazed me. They should get the NFL fine situation in order or threaten to pull their membership. How, in good conscience, can you impose such an exorbitant financial penalty on a player that is not, comparatively, making that much, especially for a borderline illegal hit at best?

To me, it's more about the intent.

Smith intended to hit a shoulder or the football. Unfortunately, Bolden's head got hit from behind & we all saw what happened. Luckily, he's ok.

Light intended to punch Crowder's bitch head repeatedly.

How Smith's offense is worse than Light's is beyond me. I don't mean the outcome, because Boldin was seriously injured & the only thing hurt on Crowder is his previous reputation for having two joeys in his pouch. But when you're handing out fines & suspensions, intent has to weigh in more heavily than accidents.

To me, it's more about the intent.

Smith intended to hit a shoulder or the football. Unfortunately, Bolden's head got hit from behind & we all saw what happened. Luckily, he's ok.

Light intended to punch Crowder's bitch head repeatedly.

How Smith's offense is worse than Light's is beyond me. I don't mean the outcome, because Boldin was seriously injured & the only thing hurt on Crowder is his previous reputation for having two joeys in his pouch. But when you're handing out fines & suspensions, intent has to weigh in more heavily than accidents.

You could line up players from all eras, show them Smith's hit, and most would say awesome --yet clean--shot. (Ronnie Lott would have called it a Whoo Hit.) I've seen that play many times on replay, and never thought Smith was going for Boldin's head. He's got his head down, and obviously leading with the shoulder. None of us can fully grasp the speed and intensity at which pro players perform. Every week, I'm amazed that more players don't get seriously hurt or crippled. These are just huge men flying around the field at top speed.

Hey everybody, look who's wife let him out of the basement to play!!!

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

You know I do. $673,000. He was a high 3rd round pick.

The hit cost him $50,000 plus 1 game-check for being suspended, which is another $42,000.

$92,000 total, or just under 14% of his annual salary.

Light makes $3.75M in base salary. We'll see what his fine is.

yea I knew you would know where to get the info-i just didn't think I should be able to demand it from you...how Wilfat gets away with what he does is beyond me

Hey. I've been meaning to ask you.

Who's the actual father of the children in those pictures?

Archived