Anger -- what do you do?

Maxman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:)

No it isn't interwebz related.

The funny thing about this anger, it is making me more calm in other areas of my life. The kids were crazy this weekend and I was calm. Christmas lights normally cause stress with 800 broken bulbs, not a problem.

I am just mad about one thing. It is nothing more than getting screwed over out of money.

Whew, I was worried. I wouldnt last on JN 24 hours if he was in charge :grin:

About the anger. It takes years off your life if you let it effect you. I firmly believe that. If you have no control over the situation you just have to let it go. Its hard, but you can always make more money by staying positive.

In all honesty, this situation calls for a long cooling off period. Remember the old adage: "Revenge is best served cold." Yes it's cliche, but also true.

That is an old Klingon proverb. The Klingons know revenge well!!

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."-Master Yoda

You may not have the fear part Max, but you get the point.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided that being angry over something financial is just pointless. I was screwed out of a decent amount of money. It hurt -- right before Christmas especially. But I eventually realized, that Christmas isn't about how many presents I can afford to buy.

Was never terribly materialistic. The thought of not being able to do everything I wanted for my kids thought got to me.

Now, I am in a better place. Everyone is happy. Everyone in my family is healthy. Nothing more that I need than that.

:-P

The upper decker idea though, was good. Definitely took that advice and called it my own. So technically maybe I am happy now because of the happy family thing along with the health. But it might also be the joy that an upper decker brings, lol.

I have decided that being angry over something financial is just pointless. I was screwed out of a decent amount of money. It hurt -- right before Christmas especially. But I eventually realized, that Christmas isn't about how many presents I can afford to buy.

Was never terribly materialistic. The thought of not being able to do everything I wanted for my kids thought got to me.

Now, I am in a better place. Everyone is happy. Everyone in my family is healthy. Nothing more that I need than that.

The upper decker idea though, was good. Definitely took that advice and called it my own. So technically maybe I am happy now because of the happy family thing along with the health. But it might also be the joy that an upper decker brings, lol.

nothing is worse than the upper decker. I mean, it is disgusting and a real pain in the ass to have to scoop someones crap off the floor, but to have to go and pick it out of the back of a toilet where you really have to get your hands in some tight places, that is just beyond disgusting. Awesome! I would maybe have to just call a plumber to rip my toilet out and replace it with a new one in that case. lol

Life is long---

There is still time to make up the difference. ;)

Was never terribly materialistic. The thought of not being able to do everything I wanted for my kids thought got to me

How about this one?

My Uncle (Mothers Brother) passed away and his Wife enventually remarried. My Uncle had 3 kids and built a house (himself) on land given to him by his Mother (my Grandmother.) The houses were side by side in Dracut, Mass but with lots of land.

The new husband talked my Aunt into leaving everything in the will in his name. Well, my Aunt gets terminally ill and dies. The kids get nothing and this guy gets the house, land, life ins everything.

Unreal, but true.

How about this one?

My Uncle (Mothers Brother) passed away and his Wife enventually remarried. My Uncle had 3 kids and built a house (himself) on land given to him by his Mother (my Grandmother.) The houses were side by side in Dracut, Mass but with lots of land.

The new husband talked my Aunt into leaving everything in the will in his name. Well, my Aunt gets terminally ill and dies. The kids get nothing and this guy gets the house, land, life ins everything.

Unreal, but true.

funny, a really similar story is happening to my family. my uncle (mother's brother) was really high up in his company...cantor fitzgerald. many of you have heard of this company because on sept 11, 2001 most of the company's employees were killed, my uncle being one of them. he had a fortune. ferrari, a porsche (his favorite), an old classic alfa romeo collectible car, a ducati, a $90,000 lexus ("family car"), and a huge 50 acre estate with a mansion.

my aunt eventually remarried last year and her new husband is a douche-bag. he's some average joe who had 2 other kids out of wedlock and he's piss-poor. he talks my aunt into NOT signing a pre-nup (retard). he talks my aunt into selling the ferrari because the repairs/maintnence was "too expensive", and so he can have some start-up money to start his own plumbing/heating business.:rolleyes: so they do that.

i wouldn't care if she re-married some classy guy with a brain, but she didn't. she had 4 boys with my uncle....but she's putting her new loser husband first..

funny, a really similar story is happening to my family. my uncle (mother's brother) was really high up in his company...cantor fitzgerald. many of you have heard of this company because on sept 11, 2001 most of the company's employees were killed, my uncle being one of them. he had a fortune. ferrari, a porsche (his favorite), an old classic alfa romeo collectible car, a ducati, a $90,000 lexus ("family car"), and a huge 50 acre estate with a mansion.

my aunt eventually remarried last year and her new husband is a douche-bag. he's some average joe who had 2 other kids out of wedlock and he's piss-poor. he talks my aunt into NOT signing a pre-nup (retard). he talks my aunt into selling the ferrari because the repairs/maintnence was "too expensive", and so he can have some start-up money to start his own plumbing/heating business.:rolleyes: so they do that.

i wouldn't care if she re-married some classy guy with a brain, but she didn't. she had 4 boys with my uncle....but she's putting her new loser husband first..

not to be nosey (well, that's not true - I guess I am being nosey here), but does she truly love this man or was she just lonely? I'm just talkin' 'bout my point of view here - but if I had healthy, well adjusted sons, my own health, and a good amount of wealth....I just don't understand why anyone would get married under those circumstances - unless the love-bug bit, you know?

Angry would be Mrs. Pierce seeing this video from the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12152008/news/regionalnews/plax_pal_in_game_of_touch_144286.htm

Seriously - they were married in May! The word ANGRY would not do her feelings justice. Hurt, angry, betryal, fooled.

I watched that video and didn't see the part where he did anything wrong.

What do you do when you get angry? I am not talking some guy on the road cut you off angry. I mean something really personal. Something that hurts. You get screwed over really bad.

How do you react when this happens to you?

No I didn't catch my wife sleeping with the neighbor. This is more of a work related situation.

I clean everything in sight. Or work out a little, or sit on my butt and watch tv with a drink in my hand. Mostly, loud music and cleaning works though.

I clean everything in sight. Or work out a little, or sit on my butt and watch tv with a drink in my hand. Mostly, loud music and cleaning works though.

I was hoping that you would say you beat the snot out of your boyfriend.

not to be nosey (well, that's not true - I guess I am being nosey here), but does she truly love this man or was she just lonely? I'm just talkin' 'bout my point of view here - but if I had healthy, well adjusted sons, my own health, and a good amount of wealth....I just don't understand why anyone would get married under those circumstances - unless the love-bug bit, you know?

true. i think she loves him...i also think he's a douchebag.

The guy is probably hung like King Kong.

She married the opposite too.

My Aunt married the opposite of my Uncle after he passed. My Uncle was sort of a blue collar guy, good with his hands, not flashy and likely not that big into romance like most guys.

The new guy was always dressed to kill, couldnt hold a paint brush, but was a smooth talker and all that romantic BS.

Good attitude. Few people are as fortunate as you.

If you need extra money, I know a way you can make $55.

Good attitude. Few people are as fortunate as you.

If you need extra money, I know a way you can make $55.

:rl:

When the $55 thing was launched, some people were told that it would mean that thousands of members would sign up.

$55 X 3,000 = $165,000

Wow, that would be sweet. :winking0001: I think the actual numbers for paid memberships were:

$55 X 3 = $165

She married the opposite too.

My Aunt married the opposite of my Uncle after he passed. My Uncle was sort of a blue collar guy, good with his hands, not flashy and likely not that big into romance like most guys.

The new guy was always dressed to kill, couldnt hold a paint brush, but was a smooth talker and all that romantic BS.

Did he wear Old Spice aftershave? That stuff will get you all the ladies.

\:D/

ypur sig is f'in up the page,,too wide

i knew u were a romantic

300_47931.jpg

i knew u were a romantic

Sad, but true.

I have a friend who's been dating a man for a little over two years now. They are my age, so it's not their first time at the Rodeo, you know? Anyway, my friend still brings up her ex-boyfriend in conversation - how she thinks she really he was the one that got away (good thing too - the dude was a loser) - anyway, she thinks the current man is going to propose this Christmas. She's excited. Not because she loves him (I asked) - she says he's a good guy and good enough - but because well, how did she put it? Oh yah " I've never been married before and it's about time. I can always get divorced."

You see, I'd rather be alone than committ to someone I'm not in love with, I would never "settle" for someone I'm not passionate about and and I sure as heck would never approach a marriage as some freakin' social experiment. What is truly frigthening is that there are plenty of women out there just like her. Hey, maybe she's the one that has it right and I'm the idiot. I just can't help myself. I want true love.

Sad, but true.

I have a friend who's been dating a man for a little over two years now. They are my age, so it's not their first time at the Rodeo, you know? Anyway, my friend still brings up her ex-boyfriend in conversation - how she thinks she really he was the one that got away (good thing too - the dude was a loser) - anyway, she thinks the current man is going to propose this Christmas. She's excited. Not because she loves him (I asked) - she says he's a good guy and good enough - but because well, how did she put it? Oh yah " I've never been married before and it's about time. I can always get divorced."

You see, I'd rather be alone than committ to someone I'm not in love with, I would never "settle" for someone I'm not passionate about and and I sure as heck would never approach a marriage as some freakin' social experiment. What is truly frigthening is that there are plenty of women out there just like her. Hey, maybe she's the one that has it right and I'm the idiot. I just can't help myself. I want true love.

yup..

the true test is u ask her ' do you have fun with this person just doing mundane things like watching TV, walking in the malls etc'..if answer is no, we have to be doing something exciting or havin sex than run,,,90% of life i steh average day to day things we do,,you have to have a person who is your best friend and mundane things are always fun if u r with your 'best friend'

yup..

the true test is u ask her ' do you have fun with this person just doing mundane things like watching TV, walking in the malls etc'..if answer is no, we have to be doing something exciting or havin sex than run,,,90% of life i steh average day to day things we do,,you have to have a person who is your best friend and mundane things are always fun if u r with your 'best friend'

oh my...........

Archived