Anger -- what do you do?

Maxman

What do you do when you get angry? I am not talking some guy on the road cut you off angry. I mean something really personal. Something that hurts. You get screwed over really bad.

How do you react when this happens to you?

No I didn't catch my wife sleeping with the neighbor. This is more of a work related situation.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you do when you get angry? I am not talking some guy on the road cut you off angry. I mean something really personal. Something that hurts. You get screwed over really bad.

No I didn't catch my wife sleeping with the neighbor. This is more of a work related situation.

Visit a pediatric cancer ward.

You'll forget all about your meaningless problems and the worthless scumbags causing them, real quick.

Plot the murder of the offender. Spend a lot of time making sure you've covered every detail so you don't get caught. By the time you're done with the plan, you won't be angry anymore and the murder won't be necessary.

Sucks for the next guy who pisses you off, though. You'll already have a plan in place.

Visit a pediatric cancer ward.

You'll forget all about your meaningless problems and the worthless scumbags causing them, real quick.

I hear what you are saying and I appreciate it. The thing is I want this anger. I want it to fuel me into a better situation. I don't let it impact me with my family or the kids etc.

We had to take our 5 year old to the E.R. last week and it turned out to be nothing. But it was the kind of situation that was either nothing or something very serious. So I do appreciate that certain problems are not actually problems.

But things do make me angry at times. When somebody takes something from me that is mine, it just isn't right.

Channel my stress/anger towards something I consider beneficial. Write down what I'm thinking at that time just because I find it interesting to read up on it later. Read a book sharing similar emotions.

I type really fast when angry. It's one of the few times I don't suffer from writer's block, so if I have something due I try and get it done then, and proofread when calm.

Do they work for you or do you work for them?

I work for them.

The other side, the people that work for me, that side couldn't be any better. Great group.

Pay me $250 and point them out. I'll throw them a beating and they'll be out of work for a week or two. ;) lol

I'm just kidding...

I had to put that just kidding thing because of the patriot act.

Pay me $250 and point them out. I'll throw them a beating and they'll be out of work for a week or two. ;) lol

I'm just kidding...

I had to put that just kidding thing because of the patriot act.

Do you accept vcash?

An hour or two with Grand Theft Auto does the trick usually. Aimlessly running over pedestrians, car-jacking, shooting up everyone...yeah that feels good.

Or, some heavy metal. :headbang:

I like the GTA idea. I used to do that all the time.

well..been there done that..

Since YOU work for THEM, then my usual approach is find a way to get 'in good' with the people THEY work for.. Plus always find thier weakness,,they always have one... lackey who is a idiot but keeps getting dragged along by a boss due to sex or best buddy..chances are others are pissed and you can use that unless this person owns the place..

Then lay in the weeds.........

If appraisal thing, remember, 90% of rankings etc are based on what employee does in July thru Nov..no one remembers or gives a shiiit about Jan thru June,,base your years strategy on that,,i.e. make sure u have a hot idea under your belt that u can produce late in year,,dont sign up for all stuff that is 1q/2q driven,,sign up for stuff that will be heavy hitting and or ending later in year...

If there are no others higher than the ones you refer to, then you have to play it cool since mortgage has to be paid...but cover yourself by knowing your firms HR rules,,make it tough for them to 'hurt you',,play the system..

IF they are dumb enuf in mixed meeting or watercooler chat to use a offensive word or sexual remark, call HR and nail em ,,By having witnesses who more than likely cant stand this person either u will make thier life at least a little uncomfortable...

If all that fails, just snap a Havanna on thier desk one nite

But things do make me angry at times. When somebody takes something from me that is mine, it just isn't right.

I have learned through experience that if you wait long enough, you won't have to lift a finger, because rest assured, whoever F'd you over, is Fing other people over, so somebody else will get him before you do.

I believe in Karma. What goes around, comes around. You will reap what you sow. Sooner or later.

Archived