Burress wounded in accidental shooting

Cant Hackett

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can touch it. but it can go off if you fumble around with it. who ****ing knows what the idiot was doing.

I agree, he is a moron.

A Glock wont go off unless your finger is pulling the trigger deactivating all the safety features. I'm 99% sure they wont go off if dropped, but Sr Lance is a cop and would know better.

They are safer and actually better for self defense. All you do is point and shoot.

tsk tsk, you should know your JETS history

3. Joe Namath, 1965-77 -- Even before he became a beloved but ridiculously overhyped slice of American sports lore by "guaranteeing'' the Jets' Super Bowl III upset of the heavily favored Baltimore Colts, "Broadway Joe'' was celebrated for his bon vivant lifestyle and his playboy bachelor image. But it's a short trip from lovable rogue to bad-boy reputation in the media capital of the universe, and Namath traveled that path in the year after his greatest triumph on the field.

Before the start of the Jets' training camp in 1969, Namath shockingly retired rather than sell his interest in the Manhattan night club that he co-owned: Bachelor's III. NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle decreed that Namath must sell, because league security forces had information that the FBI was going to bust the club for being the hub of illegal gambling and rackets. Specifically, Rozelle told Namath that members of his ownership group included several unsavory characters believed to have ties to gambling.

Namath called a news conference and made his tearful retirement announcement, defiantly telling Rozelle and the league that it could not dictate who he did business with. Namath was roundly savaged in the press for his stance, and relented a short time later, selling his stake in the club and returning to the field in time to lead the Jets to a second consecutive AFL Eastern Division title.

I don't buy this crock of ****. Nothing against you Larz, your point about Namath not being a choir boy stands. Namath got in a ton of trouble, but that blurb makes it sound like JWN was all in the wrong. I'm positive the FBI wasn't leaking information to Pete Rozelle and league security forces. The story was that the club was being "frequented by social undesirables". I think Rozelle wanted to stick it to the AFL. They eventually reached a compromise where Namath only had to sell his interest in the NY club not FL and Boston.

You can also add Micky Mantle to the list, that guy definitely enjoyed the NY night life. I'm pretty sure Derek Jeter and A-Rod are known for it too. Tom Brady is quite the socialite himself.

The media gives Mantle and Joe Willie a pass, and if Jeter and A-Rod are avid clubbers they get a pass too. So do Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

It has nothing to do with having a night life. It has way more to do with getting into trouble. LJ is an idiot, it's not where he went. He could have spit on a woman in a mall, it's not like that is normal behavior anywhere you go. Likewise, these other people listed all didn't have a problem. Hilton and Lohan also happen to have a very good lawyer, I'm thinking maybe some of these NFL players with certain tendencies should look into that and a PR group.

Right. Namath, Mantle and Jeter spent plenty of late nights out, but I don't think they shot anybody or themselves and they showed up for all their games. Mantle was famous for screwing around, but when somebody got out of hand and it affected game day performance he'd be the first to step in because "you're ****ing around with my world series bonus money".

Could this be the downturn of the mighty Giants?

BZ

gal_frontpage_1130.jpgThis about sums it up -- and Pierce tried to help hide the gun WTF was he thinking

The window of opportunity just opened a little more for the Jets.

Now Revis will have to cover Toomer in the Super Bowl. Right, Tyson?

A Glock wont go off unless your finger is pulling the trigger deactivating all the safety features. I'm 99% sure they wont go off if dropped, but Sr Lance is a cop and would know better.

They are safer and actually better for self defense. All you do is point and shoot.

This imbecile tried to unload it while still holding his drink.

NYPD is going to lock him up. They have clear evidence with his medical records that he possessed a loaded handgun outside of his home or palce of business. That's Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 3rd Degree. The NJ cops might lock him up for a lesser charger if he ahs the gun in his house, as bad if they catch him outside his house trying to ditch it.

NYPL 265.02

Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:

(1) Such person commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five of section .htm#265.01'>265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or

(2) Such person possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or

(3) Such person knowingly possesses a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or

(4) Such person possesses any loaded firearm. Such possession shall not, except as provided in subdivision one or seven, constitute a violation of this section if such possession takes place in such person's home or place of business; or

(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms; or (ii) such person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession did not take place in the person's home or place of business; or

(6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun; or

(7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or

(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.

NYPD is going to lock him up. They have clear evidence with his medical records that he possessed a loaded handgun outside of his home or palce of business. That's Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 3rd Degree. The NJ cops might lock him up for a lesser charger if he ahs the gun in his house, as bad if they catch him outside his house trying to ditch it.

NYPL 265.02

Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:

(1) Such person commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five of section .htm#265.01'>265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or

(2) Such person possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or

(3) Such person knowingly possesses a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or

(4) Such person possesses any loaded firearm. Such possession shall not, except as provided in subdivision one or seven, constitute a violation of this section if such possession takes place in such person's home or place of business; or

(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms; or (ii) such person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession did not take place in the person's home or place of business; or

(6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun; or

(7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or

(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.

WOW..you know your NY law. :evil2:

Probably true. He could get serious jail time, but more likely he's facing felony probation for 5 years. But Goodell is going to ban him, probably for a season.

Damien Robison's piss poor but effecrive excuse was that he was driving from a target shooting range, which allowed him to get off relatively easy. It probably wasn't true, but it couldn't be disproved either. And his gun was inside a case.

There is no range inside the IQ Club. That cracks me up; Burress's IQ is probably clsoe to boredline retarded, as this incident confirms. If he couldn't play football he'd be collecting cans.

I would be making NY liscence plates for a few years if I was caught doing the same.

Another Million dollar football player with a 10 cent brain.

First off, if I'm in a seedy nightclub, I'm putting bullets in my pistol, not taking them out.

He's foolish, dim etc but I understand the attraction of a thrashy club when you're a little fk'ed after a long night.

He may not be consistent but like a fellow poster said, the Giants will miss him in a shoot out. You are not double teaming Hixon and Burress. Can you imagine, the Giants return to the Superbowl and are down six with a minute thirty left on the clock ? That leg is really going to hurt sitting in front of his 50" plasma in NJ. Their only hope is that Manning is a far different quarterback from a year ago, he has finally grown into the job.

Next up for Plaxico - the Cowboys, Bengals or Raiders for Plaxico.

All in all I prefer that Plaxico shows me how to operate a gun than Jayson Williams, now there's a real nice guy with a few drinks.

from profootballtalk.com

PLAX, PIERCE FACING CRIMINAL CHARGES

Posted by Mike Florio on November 30, 2008, 7:23 a.m.

As previously expected, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress is in big trouble. Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that Burress likely will be arrested on felony weapons charges in the coming days after shooting himself in the leg at a Manhattan club with a weapon that he wasn’t properly licensed to carry.

As not previously expected, Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce could face charges of his own for allegedly taking the gun and stashing it in New Jersey after the incident.

(This would have been a great Playmakers episode if the show wasn’t so unrealistic in its depiction of the lifestyles of pro football players.)

Per Vacchiano, police became aware of the incident only after Giants employees “reached out quietly” to report it. A representative of the team was planning to retrieve the gun and surrender it to police.

Translation: The New York Giants will do nothing at all to shield Burress from the consequences of his conduct. In fact, the New York Giants seem to be more than willing to help the authorities take Burress off their hands.

As to Pierce, his attorney told police he’d cooperate in the investigation in exchange for a promise that he won’t be charged. But why would police need Pierce’s voluntary cooperation? Burress has a .40 caliber hole in his leg that wasn’t caused by a stapler, and his employer is actively assisting the investigation. Pierce has no leverage here, and his best bet is to cooperate fully and then hope for lenience.

For Plaxico, the law seemingly prevents much lenience. As we explained on Saturday night, illegal possession of a firearm in New York City results in a mandatory 3.5 year prison sentence, without exception.

And as to anyone who thinks that the Poindexter effect might prompt police to look the other way, New York City ain’t Surry County, Virginia. As one police source told Vacchiano regarding Burress, “He went for his gun and fumbled it. And now it will cost him.”

Fast forward to the Future . . . February 1st, 2009 . . .

" Giants have twenty seconds on the clock, down by six on the Jets 40, Manning escapes the rush . . . Jenkins in close pursuit . . . he has his jersey, Manning eludes him again . . . He heaves it for the tall man, Burress, Tyree, . . . I mean Hixon !

Hixon, Revis and Elam jostle for position . . . Hixon has it . . no he bobbles it, Hixon and Revis both comes down with the ball, the players pile on . . . no flag on interference, the refs are trying to pull the players out of the pile . . .

Maybe I'm not so sorry for Plaxico . . . he may have been high maintenance and injury prone but he was money with the clock ticking, making the other receivers so much better.

Archived