Sabathia is a Yankee - MERGED

Barton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francesca is right. Tell CC to take the offer within the hour or go F himself.

Who needs who? CC is going to get paid. Maybe he does not want to waste the rest of his career on a team which is stuck in neutral and with a meddling owner.

Even if the Yankees had the cahones to do just that. I seem to remember an ultimatum last year given to A-Rod. He ignored that an eventually got more.

Francesca is right. Tell CC to take the offer within the hour or go F himself.

I agree. Listen, if the guy just doesn't want to pitch in NY take the offer off the table. Management made their pitch to try and get they guy but he wanted other things we can't offer him. Get Sheets, Burnett and resign Andy and go after Teixeira hardcore. I start Hughes out in AAA and bring him up as a long man in the pen and possibly into the rotation as a #5 guy.

It's painfully obvious the Yankees are not close to being his first choice, but that doesn't mean he won't eventually sign with them. It really doesn't matter if his preference is play for some other team. The only thing that matters is whether he performs when he's on your squad. Look at Beltran, do you think any Met fan cares that his preference is to sign with the Yankees when he was a FA?

It's painfully obvious the Yankees are not close to being his first choice, but that doesn't mean he won't eventually sign with them. It really doesn't matter if his preference is play for some other team. The only thing that matters is whether he performs when he's on your squad. Look at Beltran, do you think any Met fan cares that his preference is to sign with the Yankees when he was a FA?

I dunno, the playoff/pressure performances scare me. He did great for the Brewers last year down the stretch but maybe he realized... "Oh crap I can dominate the NL."

He's a control pitcher and seems to lose control when under pressure, and that to me says he doesn't handle it well.

The Yankees have no need to beg Captain Cheeseburger for anything. He is a moron if he turns down their money because he won't get it anywhere else. He can go suck off Artie the Taco Moreno all he wants in LA. Maybe Moreno's throwing in a clause to feed him all the mexican food he wants.

Who needs who? CC is going to get paid. Maybe he does not want to waste the rest of his career on a team which is stuck in neutral and with a meddling owner.

Even if the Yankees had the cahones to do just that. I seem to remember an ultimatum last year given to A-Rod. He ignored that an eventually got more.

Good stuff...Yanks haven't won a WS since 2000 and that means they are stuck in neutral. What were the sox stuck in before 2004?

I wouldn't get too comfortable in your recent success. It's not in your history to get over confident.

Good stuff...Yanks haven't won a WS since 2000 and that means they are stuck in neutral. What were the sox stuck in before 2004?

I wouldn't get too comfortable in your recent success. It's not in your history to get over confident.

Bad Management.

I realize the Hot Stove League is just starting, but look at the Yankees roster. I see about 7 names you would want and most of them are on the wrong side of 30. How does the richest team in baseball get to this point?

Bad Management.

How else do you explain it?

funny now that cc is saying the he really doesn't want to be a yankee all the yankees fans are talking sh*t about him. like women scorned, lol. big deal...he doesn't want to be a yankee, get over it. i knwo all your dreams of cc at the front of your rotation are now squashed, but i'm sure the skanks will sign somebody.

funny now that cc is saying the he really doesn't want to be a yankee all the yankees fans are talking sh*t about him. like women scorned, lol. big deal...he doesn't want to be a yankee, get over it. i knwo all your dreams of cc at the front of your rotation are now squashed, but i'm sure the skanks will sign somebody.

next on the list:

Burnett- 5yrs 100 mil....

How long have you been posting in the baseball section ? Oh , ok. Why don't you stfu unless you know what you're talking about.

It is funny.

If that Cash/Theo thread article is correct, they should have given up Hughes for Santana. Bad Management.

It is funny.

If that Cash/Theo thread article is correct, they should have given up Hughes for Santana. Bad Management.

Well if CC is gone that's fine. I wouldn't say it's bad management, they tried going with their young guys and now they're worse off for it. Manny and Schilling were your two big signings, hopefully we can get Texiera and make a good enough rotation to remain competitive.

Interesting. You would think he would be more concerned with his collection of choking dogs than the Yankees.

I used to post on the "other" boards baseball board, good collection of cool Met fans over there and then there's the "more important to hate the Yankees" type of fan.

I used to post on the "other" boards baseball board, good collection of cool Met fans over there and then there's the "more important to hate the Yankees" type of fan.

There are mostly normal ones here. Once in a while you get an asshat like that one who doesn't realize 1986 was a long time ago.

wtf this post doesnt make sense

Good post. Yeah you really get the feeling he DOESN'T want any part of NY . He's made that pretty clear.

He still might sign with the Yanks. The Yanks want a quick answer so they can turn their attention to someone else.

Doesn't CC want to be a yankee?

:1cry:

I hear the SF talks are BS and Sabean was quoted they are not invoved for what it is worth.

If CC or more likely his family are not hopped up on NY, I think the Yanks will pounce on Sheets and one of Lowe/Burnett.

Sheets when healthy IMO is as good if not better than CC. Of course CC has a AL CY award and it's yet to be seen how Sheets does in the AL. I think he'll be fine and CC will remain in Brew town.

Brian Cashman meeting with CC Sabathia for third time

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spwebyanks1210,0,3840560.story

LAS VEGAS - Brian Cashman is meeting with CC Sabathia for the third consecutive day, this time in San Francisco.

Multiple sources confirmed the Cashman-Sabathia meeting to Newsday. It is believed to be a good sign for the Yankees that Sabathia is seeing them for a third straight day.

Cashman had planned to meet with the New York media Tuesday afternoon, as he normally does daily during the winter meetings.

Instead, media relations director Jason Zillo passed along the message that Cashman is off hotel property and unavailable for the rest of the evening, for something that had not previously been scheduled. It turns out it is a meeting with the Yankees' main free agent target, Sabathia.

One purpose for the meeting may be to visit with Sabathia's wife, Amber, who is a major part of the decision-making process.

The Yankees offered Sabathia a contract estimated at six years and $140 million nearly a month ago, and opinion this week has fluctuated wildly as to whether Sabathia has any interest in pitching in New York. The fact that Sabathia is meeting with Cashman tonight seems to indicate Sabathia is at least giving it serious thought.

The first two meetings between Cashman and Sabathia and his representatives took place Sunday afternoon and Monday midday at Sabathia's suite at the Wynn Las Vegas. But Sabathia flew back to San Francisco Monday afternoon. It is not known who requested the third meeting.

A Yankees official said earlier in the day that "things are going in the right direction" with Sabathia.

Sabathia and/or his representatives also met with the Brewers, Red Sox and Giants this week. Someone familiar with the Brewers' plans told Newsday today that they cannot raise their offer from the five years and $100 million on the table.

The Red Sox are believed to be mostly interested in tweaking the Yankees. The Giants are weighing whether they can afford to get involved given their mammoth commitment to lefty Barry Zito.

The Yankees would love to sign Sabathia before the Giants have a chance to make up their mind, as he would prefer to play for his hometown team if all else were equal.

Wow

CC might be a Yankee afterall

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/12/0...e-on-sabathia/

"

Interesting things going on:

Giants GM Brian Sabean said that CC Sabathia is a back-burner issue for his team. The Angels said roughly the same thing.

And it seems that tonight’s last-minute meeting that Brian Cashman dashed off to involves one CC Sabathia.

More to come as it becomes available."

UPDATE, 10:59 p.m.: I have been able to confirm that tonight’s meeting does in fact involve Sabathia. Newsday is reporting that the meeting is taking place in California, which could well be true. Working on confirmation of that.

On a private plane, one could get from Vegas to San Francisco pretty quickly. Something, it would seem, is going down. CC would not meet three times with the Yankees in a span of 48 hours otherwise.

Archived