Where's the Jets player that will scream at his teamamtes?

Fishooked

Answer - there isn't one.

Seriously, WTF. I have yet to see anyone on this team, offense or defense, that is willing to scream at their teammate to get their head in the game.

You know, slap them on the helmet or grab their facemask and get in there face?

Who is it? Anyone? Anyone witness this in ANY GAME this year? I sure haven't.

You know its not Favre - and you know what? Maybe it should be. Or someone else.

Is it Rhodes? Nope. Ellis? Nope, he seriously looks like he's stoned out there already.

You know what? I don't care who it is - but this team NEEDS someone like that.

And sadly I have yet to see anyone who is willing to accept that role.

Weak...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the Mangini way.

On a sidenote, why hasn't a Jets beatwriter asked Mangini:

"Coach, you're a career sub-.500 head coach and when you were a defensive coordinator your unit performed worse than your predecessor and successor. What gives you the confidence that you can be successful here?"

Your right, if he was a leader he would be taking control of the defense. I do not see him demanding a "novel idea" called in game modifications or demanding a new game plan that seems the same on defense week after week.

A perfect example of this I remember was in a Jets-Pats game in one of the SB years for the Pats. There was a big 3rd & 1 play the Jets were going for and before the play, the camera caught Belichick huddled with the defense adamently instructed them what to do. Crennel was the DC, but he was put aside by Belichick. Belichick took charge right there and the Pats stuffed the Jets on that play.

Belichick takes charge on game day, Mangini never has. And, as you noted, Mangini has never made a halftime adjustment. It's uncanny.

Thats the first thing I though of when I saw this thread.

I agree Fish. I agree.

Bryan Cox is the first person I thought of as well...

And no, I don't think screaming is overrated, but it would be nice to see our own players on the sidelines "pissed off" for a change. Emotionless, leaderless bags of dirt...

It's not the Mangini way.

On a sidenote, why hasn't a Jets beatwriter asked Mangini:

"Coach, you're a career sub-.500 head coach and when you were a defensive coordinator your unit performed worse than your predecessor and successor. What gives you the confidence that you can be successful here?"

Lol... I can only imagine the yammering about consistancy he'd do..

Bryan Cox is the first person I thought of as well...

And no, I don't think screaming is overrated, but it would be nice to see our own players on the sidelines "pissed off" for a change. Emotionless, leaderless bags of dirt...

JESUS ****ING CHRIST WILL YOU SHUT UP AND POST SOME FUNNY PICS YOU GOD DAMNED MORON, WHAT THE **** IS WITH THIS SERIOUS THREAD, I WANT SOME FUNNY GIFS MOTHER****ER !!!!!!

;)

see what I mean ? are you inspired now or do you want to tell me what I can do with my keyboard right now ?

I think they need to adopt an agressive game plan, which will get the players excited

A perfect example of this I remember was in a Jets-Pats game in one of the SB years for the Pats. There was a big 3rd & 1 play the Jets were going for and before the play, the camera caught Belichick huddled with the defense adamently instructed them what to do. Crennel was the DC, but he was put aside by Belichick. Belichick took charge right there and the Pats stuffed the Jets on that play.

Belichick takes charge on game day, Mangini never has. And, as you noted, Mangini has never made a halftime adjustment. It's uncanny.

Yes exactly Belechick like Parcels will go down and coach a guy in March July or a game they are coach's and that is what coach's do they make players better. These guys are coach's, Mangini I do not picture doing this. I see Mangini dissecting film but not really coaching guys on the field.

JESUS ****ING CHRIST WILL YOU SHUT UP AND POST SOME FUNNY PICS YOU GOD DAMNED MORON, WHAT THE **** IS WITH THIS SERIOUS THREAD, I WANT SOME FUNNY GIFS MOTHER****ER !!!!!!

;)

see what I mean ? are you inspired now or do you want to tell me what I can do with my keyboard right now ?

I think they need to adopt an agressive game plan, which will get the players excited

Not a bad way of making your point..

But it's more then just yelling, emotion can be positive and negative. Parcels yelled a lot and is pretty much a master motivator..

Not a bad way of making your point..

But it's more then just yelling, emotion can be positive and negative. Parcels yelled a lot and is pretty much a master motivator..

Parcels knew who to yell at and who to pat in the butt that is part of coaching. Billy Martin once said to be a manager you have to be like a psychiatrist you need to know all 25 personalties and how to motivate each one of the 25 players.

;)

LMAO!

It doesn't have to be the coaches - Id rather it were a player, a teammate....Rhodes, for one....maybe Ellis, Coles, whomever - someone that will openly challenge their teeammates to get the best out of them...even a brawl between the offense and defense will do!

Just...show some emotion...

Answer - there isn't one.

Seriously, WTF. I have yet to see anyone on this team, offense or defense, that is willing to scream at their teammate to get their head in the game.

You know, slap them on the helmet or grab their facemask and get in there face?

Who is it? Anyone? Anyone witness this in ANY GAME this year? I sure haven't.

You know its not Favre - and you know what? Maybe it should be. Or someone else.

Is it Rhodes? Nope. Ellis? Nope, he seriously looks like he's stoned out there already.

You know what? I don't care who it is - but this team NEEDS someone like that.

And sadly I have yet to see anyone who is willing to accept that role.

Weak...

Oh jesus.

The last thing an adult male who is making 7 figures needs or wants is someone screaming at them. Will you guys get over this. This is the absolute LAST thing this team needs. What it does need is better play in the secondary and a game breaker at WR. we have neither. All the yelling in the world is not going to change that.

Oh jesus.

The last thing an adult male who is making 7 figures needs or wants is someone screaming at them. Will you guys get over this. This is the absolute LAST thing this team needs. What it does need is better play in the secondary and a game breaker at WR. we have neither. All the yelling in the world is not going to change that.

That's not the point - where's the emotional leader on this team?

Oh jesus.

We dont have anyone who can consistently pressure the QB. That's probablyour biggest problem.

Archived