Did I just hear Rachel Nichols say...

JustInFudge

Yes. She did say that. Why is this a surprise?

Its a surprise becaue he was our 6th overall pick and its not exactly the best way to develop a player.

Based off his performance, yeah, I guess its not a big surprise. My question is what is the strategy behind this all.

I hope this isn't a "statement" move... while Gholston hasn't impressed, it's not like the coaching staff has any track record in developing young defensive talent, so maybe some of the blame falls on them.

Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call.

I hope this isn't a "statement" move... while Gholston hasn't impressed, it's not like the coaching staff has any track record in developing young defensive talent, so maybe some of the blame falls on them.

Revis? Harris? Or do they only get credit when the player does jack sh#t ala Gholston?

Hopefully it will seve as a wake up call.

How can you "wake up" when you are on the bench?

Revis? Harris? Or do they only get credit when the player does jack sh#t ala Gholston?

Revis is a good player. He is also part of the 31st passed rated defense in the league. Harris is a good player, who has been out shined by Eric Barton and was injured.

How much developing has the CS really done? And can you really make that assesment?

David Harris? Kerry Rhodes, Darrell Revis, Dwight Lowery? Oh yea Gholston sucks that's why-he's slow, and can't make one single play all year-this guy has bust written all over him-color me VERY unimpressed with the 6th pick of the 2008 draft

Revis was a day 1 starter... not like they brought up a 6th round pick to a starter...

Harris they have to get,... but again he was a high draft pick who would have started day one if Vilma got hurt sooner...

Its not like they build these guys up from scratch... they were ready to go out of the box...

How can you "wake up" when you are on the bench?

???? Huh ? Not suiting up at all is different. Maybe the CS thinks Gholston needs to be sent the message that being drafted #1 is not a Gold card that's means you don't keep pushing and earning your way on the team. Hopefully he gets the message.

David Harris? Kerry Rhodes, Darrell Revis, Dwight Lowery? Oh yea Gholston sucks that's why-he's slow, and can't make one single play all year-this guy has bust written all over him-color me VERY unimpressed with the 6th pick of the 2008 draft

Can you remember the last time a top 10 draft pick was put on the inactive list? Or as we say in hockey talk, a healthy scratch?

???? Huh ? Not suiting up at all is different. Maybe the CS thinks Gholston needs to be sent the message that being drafted #1 is not a Gold card that's means you don't keep pushing and earning your way on the team. Hopefully he gets the message.

Doesnt seem like a lack of effort on Gholstons part... seems more like the CS trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... same **** we dealt with a couple years ago... now they did it on purpose... lol

Can you remember the last time a top 10 draft pick was put on the inactive list? Or as we say in hockey talk, a healthy scratch?

I hadn't thought of it that way-all I know is the guy sucks and I'd rather see Brandon Renkhart from Rutgers get his playing time and Spencer-those kids want it-Gholston? He has shown me N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Revis was a day 1 starter... not like they brought up a 6th round pick to a starter...

Harris they have to get,... but again he was a high draft pick who would have started day one if Vilma got hurt sooner...

Its not like they build these guys up from scratch... they were ready to go out of the box...

My point exactly... how much coaching did Revis need? Not a major difference between playing man or zone coverage in college vs. the NFL aside from the talent level of the guy you're covering.

Harris they get some credit for, but he was also very pro-ready coming out of college.

Gholston is a guy who was changing positions, started playing football later in life, and is going to require plenty of good coaching to get there.

Now I'm not saying it's all on the CS, as Gholston might just be a bust, but I'm saying that it's very possible he's not being handled optimally - which includes making him inactive this week.

My point exactly... how much coaching did Revis need? Not a major difference between playing man or zone coverage in college vs. the NFL aside from the talent level of the guy you're covering.

Harris they get some credit for, but he was also very pro-ready coming out of college.

Gholston is a guy who was changing positions, started playing football later in life, and is going to require plenty of good coaching to get there.

Now I'm not saying it's all on the CS, as Gholston might just be a bust, but I'm saying that it's very possible he's not being handled optimally - which includes making him inactive this week.

That would make him a very solid 3rd or 4th round pick. But using 6th pick overall on a project is way too high.

Archived