"Happy New Year!" Edition of Post of the Week - January 2, 2009

POTW Bot

Topic: Thomas Jones nails Favre to the wall [merged]

A circular firing squad every January forever. We lead the NFL in intrigue and nonsense, but never in the playoffs going on 41 years and counting. And out besotted owner now has decided that he has to pay an over-the-hill QB $13 million to make a mess in 2009.Yeah, having Favre throw INTs week after week when we have a solid running game will make us all fork over a pile of PSL money.

BabyNewYear08.jpg

The Nomination: "sums it all up." Jet Moses

Editor's Note: Like an old pair of slippers or an old sweatshirt, it's the

fff.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic: What is the better team?

Cry us a f***ing river, Pats fans. Go sulk over your team's 3 championships, all 3 of which an asterisk should be placed by in the first place. When was the last time the Patriots have had a reason to complain? Its damn sure the case that the tuck rule, stolen video footage, and the many teams the Pats ran up the score on during the 2008 season gives NFL fans no reason to provide New England and their fans with ANY sympathy.

You want to complain about something? Complain to Belichick about losing to us at home earlier in the season. THAT is why you're sitting at home for the playoffs this season. THAT is why you have no right to complain to US for not beating Miami. Complain to Roger Goodell for allowing an 8-8 team to make the playoffs as a division winner. Complain to Herm's notrotious Kansas City defense that somehow got to Brady and injured him. Go to your own damn Patriots board, if it exists, and have a sympathy party. Better yet, go cry into a f***ing pillow for all I care. WE don't want to hear it.

The only decent things that came out of the Jets' collapse are: 1) Mangini's firing, and 2) The 11-5 Patriots missing out on the postseason. If there's one thing us Jets fans know and understand, its misery, and misery loves company, except when that company are Pats fans. Go the hell away, and I hope that all you bandwagon Pats fans feel as miserable as possible, forever. F*** you Gainzo, f*** Matt Cassell's panzy ass, and f*** the Pats.

Die.

The Nomination: "Put a troll bitch in his place." madmike1

Editor's Note:

ErPywgiMb4k

Topic: I don't understand why some fans want Marty Schottenheimer.

IMO, there are several good choices out there and Marty is one of them for several reasons:

1) He consistently will get a team to the playoffs and you must be "in it to win it".

2) The Jets are built to win now. An experienced HC has a better shot of taking the team to the big game, than a new guy who is learning on the fly.

3) I constantly hear his age mentioned as a negative. This is NOT a negative, but a positive. He is in excellent health and would bring years of experience- more than a new young coach would.

4) "Martyball" may be just what the Jets need at this time. Martyball is smashmouth football. The Jets are built to play smashmouth football. We have a match here. Though many will say he too conservative, one of the Jets' problems this year was the offensive play calling NOT being conservative when it should have been. In general, it's fair to say we were passing when we should have been running the ball in waaay too many situations.

5) Most seem not to want Marty because of his poor record in the playoffs. This is certainly understandable and I agree that this should give us hesitation. But, there is more to this than meets the eye. IMO, some of these playoff losses cannot be blamed on Marty. They boiled down to 1 or 2 plays that were poorly executed, or some exceptional plays by the opposing team. The players play the game- not the coach. Also, it should be pointed out there were other good coaches that couldn't seem to go very far in the playoffs for a long time, but have since won superbowls. What about Tony Dungy? He was fired from Tampa Bay with an excellent record and went on to win it all. Yes he had Peyton Manning, but I argue a good HC AND a good QB is a requirement to get to the superbowl. And what about the guy most of us wanted- Bill Cowher? It took him many years to win a superbowl.

6) For those of you who don't want to see Schotty (Jr) remain with the Jets, I get that. He has been brilliant at times and awful at times, which is what happens as you learn on the fly. I think having his father on board would help his development and consistency and he will turn out to be a good OC. Conversely, his influence might help keep dad from getting too conservative at the wrong time.

7) It is no secret that Marty would very much like to have the Jets job. I want a HC who really wants to be the Jets HC, as opposed to one who reluctantly agrees to take the job.

It must be pointed out, in conjunction with the hiring of Marty as a HC, it would be imperative that a VERY strong DC is brought in. Conservative football often leads to lower scoring. We need our defense to play to its full potential for any new coach to be a success here.

I am not saying he SHOULD be the choice. I am saying he would a good choice.

OK, I'm ready. Flame away people.

The Nomination: "smart post, especially the smash mouth comments,,beans and i wondered alot this year whey they didnt run in many situations with that OL we have"

SouthernJet

Editor's Note: I'm okay with Marty at this point - at least he builds teams and gives a team a chance to collapse in the playoffs. I bet he'd know how to run the ball on 3rd and a yard AND could take care of BF#4 one way or the other as well.

Topic: Will the Rams move back to LA

they should move the Jets to LA-that way maybe I could get them out of my blood once and for all...it really sucks being a Jets fan IMO

The Nomination: "We can only hope and pray" afosomf

Editor's Note: It wouldn't matter, SoFla - you are in Florida, a bunch of us are in NC, assmop is in the freakin' arctic and we're STILL fans. You've got the sickness - it's like syphilis, it just eats you up until you go mad.

And this week's winner...

Topic: So, what's everybody's favorite Xmas gift?

The Nomination: "Beans you have a winner here.. This is what Xmas is all about!!" afosomf

-----

Congratulations to JetHeelz on both his POTW win AND for being one of the classiest and nicest people you'd ever want to meet. How can you beat a post like this during the Christmas holiday. The thing is - I know 'heelz sent Bronzey that football card if she sent him her address. The man is a gem, folks - good work, 'heelz - wear the badge with pride this week:

potw.jpg

Assist of the Week goes to The Jets Organization (if there is such a thing) for providing the masses with a ton of good jokes these past few weeks. Nice work. :bag:

That's all I've got, folks - see y'all next week.

gb

ah, my Hippie compadre GreenBeans..

maybe next year at Amedeo's we will have to renew old habits ;)

Ha ha ha - you bring the Tull 8 track and I'll cover the rest. :D

Considering the fact that I drive over from 2 counties away, I have done pretty good. :)

You're right though, I will be there for more next season.

Good to hear, 'heelz - hopefully the Jets will give you reason to actually want to make that drive. I mean, SJ and I have "sparkling personalities" and all, but two counties of driving needs more than personality. :)

Good to hear, 'heelz - hopefully the Jets will give you reason to actually want to make that drive. I mean, SJ and I have "sparkling personalities" and all, but two counties of driving needs more than personality. :)

It wasn't my choice though, I had work committments. Gotta pay the bills, right??

Next season we need to make more than just 1 video. :)

Considering the fact that I drive over from 2 counties away, I have done pretty good. :)

You're right though, I will be there for more next season.

u missed the fight where the Jets fan club commish went after the freakin pats fan in bar clapping every time gthe jets f**ked up vs seatlle

u missed the fight where the Jets fan club commish went after the freakin pats fan in bar clapping every time gthe jets f**ked up vs seatlle

Yeah, I know. But at least I got all the details from you guys on Sunday.

Jets football, where anything can happen....at the game or while watching the game. :)

Yeah, I know. But at least I got all the details from you guys on Sunday.

Jets football, where anything can happen....at the game or while watching the game. :)

Beans was in middle breaking up..me , i took a few steps back and was enjoying...:D

Ha, so you were a spectator...nice!!

The only thing I know that agitated Beans to the point of fighting was when the guy threw peanuts at him. LMAO.

another Pats fan comin into a Jets bar and acting like a rectal thermometer..

thats was classic,,Beans goes up to teh guy and says 'if u throw one more thing at me I will kick your f**kin ass", the guy starts blabbering and apologizing and turned redder than BPs ass after a Mod's nite out with Max.

Ha, so you were a spectator...nice!!

The only thing I know that agitated Beans to the point of fighting was when the guy threw peanuts at him. LMAO.

Peanuts are not something to throw, they are something to eat - especially when they are thrown by a drunk Pats fan. ;)

another Pats fan comin into a Jets bar and acting like a rectal thermometer..

thats was classic,,Beans goes up to teh guy and says 'if u throw one more thing at me I will kick your f**kin ass", the guy starts blabbering and apologizing and turned redder than BPs ass after a Mod's nite out with Max.

I'm just glad it was all resolved peacefully.

You know I got your back, at least after I am done eating.

Thanks, bro! ;)

I hate all of you.

And I would absolutely annihilate ECURB.

At least you were not converted into the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. :)

Archived