HC of NYJ Reality

PFSIKH

There is a reason Belichick did not want to be HC of the NYJ.

Why would a Cowher, Shanahan or Coach of that ilk want to be HC of the NYJ?

They are second class citizens. In all cities with two teams in the same sport. You have the team in the news and the other team. The Mets are the other team to the Yankees. The Islanders are the other team. The future Brooklyn Nets will be the other team. The Jets are that other team.

Your best case QB scenario is Brett Favre. That might have been a coup in 2000, but it will soon be 2009.

There is talent there, but it is not like it is overwhelming talent. Your D is in a perpetual process of adapting to the 3-4. It is not a good 3-4. You would probably struggle to be a good 4-3.

Apparently, the HC job is married to taken Tannebaum as well. His evaluation of talent is subject to debate. And you want these proven Coaches to take a guy that is at best ok at talent evaluation?

You are in the AFC East. The Patriots are going nowhere. The Dolphins, for at least one season and subject to Par$ells whims, are emerging contenders.

The reality of the Jets is that they are one of the historically worst NFL team. Their won/loss percentage is below the Lions and above the Bengals. :confused:

They guy you needed was Mangini. You want a guy that was hungry for the job. Not a proven coach that is probably more power hungry then motivated by success. The Jets needed to let him grow.

The Jets need to look at one team for answers. Pittsburgh Steelers. Did they cut loose Tomlin after he made all those horrible time management calls? No. They knew they had a young guy. They have to give him time to grow and deal with the bumps in the road. They did the same thing with Cowher and now that is the guy you are begging for Woody to get.

The funny thing is you don't think most Jet fans know this? You're just a ****ing d00shbag standing on the podium of reality. Must be fun to kick people when they're down and act like you're being harmless. I will never understand the mentality of someone who logs onto the internet for the sake of starting fights.

While I agree there is a reason no one wants the NYJ head coaching opportunity I disagree with the reason you give. It has more to do with our owner than anything else. Our owner is horrible and cheap. The Jets are not attractive at this moment for different reasons however. The main reason is that it is a two year window of a job until Brett retires, then a rebuid and that is a tough sell. Under normal circumstances though the Jets and Lions are very attractive opportunities because you are not following a legend of anykind. Boston was a much tougher sell before BB went there than NY or Detroit. But you wouldn't know because you've never been to Boston before.

They are second class citizens. In all cities with two teams in the same sport. You have the team in the news and the other team. The Mets are the other team to the Yankees. The Islanders are the other team. The future Brooklyn Nets will be the other team. The Jets are that other team.

Your best case QB scenario is Brett Favre. That might have been a coup in 2000, but it will soon be 2009.

There is talent there, but it is not like it is overwhelming talent. Your D is in a perpetual process of adapting to the 3-4. It is not a good 3-4. You would probably struggle to be a good 4-3.

Apparently, the HC job is married to taken Tannebaum as well. His evaluation of talent is subject to debate. And you want these proven Coaches to take a guy that is at best ok at talent evaluation?

You are in the AFC East. The Patriots are going nowhere. The Dolphins, for at least one season and subject to Par$ells whims, are emerging contenders.

The reality of the Jets is that they are one of the historically worst NFL team. Their won/loss percentage is below the Lions and above the Bengals. :confused:

They guy you needed was Mangini. You want a guy that was hungry for the job. Not a proven coach that is probably more power hungry then motivated by success. The Jets needed to let him grow.

The Jets need to look at one team for answers. Pittsburgh Steelers. Did they cut loose Tomlin after he made all those horrible time management calls? No. They knew they had a young guy. They have to give him time to grow and deal with the bumps in the road. They did the same thing with Cowher and now that is the guy you are begging for Woody to get.

mangini was gawd awful and you know it

if pioli hires mangini..he is even dumber than i think he is

Except Tomlin got handed a LOADED roster. The dude was handed the keys to the best 3-4 in the league and made the brilliant decision to keep it. It's easy to develop a guy when all he has to do to succeed is stay out of the way. He got the roster and he got to keep Cowher's personnel people. We don't have that luxury.

Favre is finished..we all know that!!!!!!

tell me something new

mangini suks and we all know it

Some people here want Favre back.

Woody screwed Mangini by bringing his worn out keester in. Twice!

Once by putting the offense in charge of the NFL alltime INTS leader and by forcing Penny out so he could land in Miami.

Once by putting the offense in charge of the NFL alltime INTS leader and by forcing Penny out so he could land in Miami.

Since when did you become such a big Pennington fan? Fact is it was not Favre's fault and Mangini couldn't handl start players because there were none under his watch in New England or New York during his tenure there.

favre is retiring for good..kaput

mangini is like a contestant on jeopardy, cramming for all possible questions

then when the show is on...he stands there frozen without a clue...he does

continue to chew his wad though

While I agree there is a reason no one wants the NYJ head coaching opportunity I disagree with the reason you give. It has more to do with our owner than anything else. Our owner is horrible and cheap. .

This after the LARGEST OFF-SEASON SPENDING SPREE in NYJ history. Wow. Are you paying attention?

Twice Favre threw the INT as GB Packer ending their season.

I'm sure they miss him after witnessing his latest 3 INT performance.

Lets try this question again since you didn't understand the first time.

What was GB's record with Favre last year, compared to this year without him?

While I agree there is a reason no one wants the NYJ head coaching opportunity I disagree with the reason you give. It has more to do with our owner than anything else. Our owner is horrible and cheap. The Jets are not attractive at this moment for different reasons however. The main reason is that it is a two year window of a job until Brett retires, then a rebuid and that is a tough sell. Under normal circumstances though the Jets and Lions are very attractive opportunities because you are not following a legend of anykind. Boston was a much tougher sell before BB went there than NY or Detroit. But you wouldn't know because you've never been to Boston before.

That is probably the number one reason right there. The Patriots benefited from Kraft spending money and making the Patriots attractive.

I was born in Boston. I lived in Massachusetts and New Hampshire before entering the military.

mangini was gawd awful and you know it

if pioli hires mangini..he is even dumber than i think he is

I am not saying Mangini is perfect and I am not saying he will have a second running as Belichick did with the Patriots.

However, how did he go from genius to fired in 5 games? Maybe Brett's play? Brett did not eclipse a 62 QB rating in the last 5 games. Mangini was not throwing those 9 interceptions. He can coach. He might not be LOmbardi, but he did manage to spring some upsets in his time with average talent.

Pennington played very well in a gimmick type of offense. An Pennington is smart enough to run a very gimicky type of offense. But his arm still sucks. Mangini's fault was not handling Favre properly, and not adgjusting when teams adjusted to his gameplan. Favre's int's were mostly due to bad playcall's, a bad scheme, and lost of balls his WR's either dropped or couldn't beat their man for the ball.

Lets try this question again since you didn't understand the first time.

What was GB's record with Favre last year, compared to this year without him?

Who cares?

The point you miss is that Favres INT's hurt the Jets from making it to the post season and last season his BS ended GB's playoff run.

Same result with different teams. GB knew what they were doing by dumping Farve and will be better off in the long run.

That is probably the number one reason right there. The Patriots benefited from Kraft spending money and making the Patriots attractive.

I was born in Boston. I lived in Massachusetts and New Hampshire before entering the military.

I am not saying Mangini is perfect and I am not saying he will have a second running as Belichick did with the Patriots.

However, how did he go from genius to fired in 5 games? Maybe Brett's play? Brett did not eclipse a 62 QB rating in the last 5 games. Mangini was not throwing those 9 interceptions. He can coach. He might not be LOmbardi, but he did manage to spring some upsets in his time with average talent.

coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his best player had 76 carries the whole year

the seattle game may have been the worst coaching performance i have evah

seen and this included any game herm or kotite coached!!!!!!!!!

EM is a phucking phony and you will hear my laugh in Tenn if Pioli hires

the rat bastard in cleve

I pretty much agree with what you are saying about our owner. But the Favre thing is just untrue. We should have lost several games when Favre was at the top of his game including the second game to you guys. We didn't score a point on an opening drive in the second half for 36 straight games. Mangini couldn't adjust on defense or offense.

GFY dooshie.. Who the **** were the Patriots anyway until they lucked into Brady, you guys were linging up to fire Belichick when that bit of fortune hit..

And your history is all wrong, Belichick didn't want to coach the Jets because he wanted out from under Parcells. Period.

Further, in regards to us being a second class franchise and not being able to land big names, didn't Parcells leave Patsyville to come here? thought so..

Go scratch your ass meatball

Favre svcks and will only get worse. Just watch.

Say what you want about Mangini, but he was dead on about Favre.

Another dumb ass dooshie. Mangini was so dead on about Favre that he named his kid after him.. Give me a break.

This is blatant trolling, all along everyone related to the Cheatriots talked about how Mangini was a rat, and clueless and all these wonderful things, now that he's gone we made a mistake. Right.

Nice try at the "insightful" end around trolling method.

1) NYJ are the #2 team in NY, especially now with NYG being world champs after pummeling the Pats*. BUT even as the #2 team, the NYJ have ALWAYS had a long wait list for tix and ALWAYS sell out whether or not they have won or lost. The fans are loyal, not like NE where it was a half empty stadium during their down years.

2) Being #2 in popularity in NY is no cause for shame. Giants were here first and that can never change. Being the #2 team in NY is still much better than being #1 anywhere else especially beantown.

The reality is an experienced coach wants to put his stamp on the franchise to take them to the next level. The Jets FO thinks we are ready to win now. Top coaches know we are built to be competitive, not great. And they will have to rebuild it in 2 years.

There is too much risk for an experienced coach. They would prefer a rebuild now and pull a Dolphins/Falcons type turnaround.

Oh... and Woody sucks too. :D

Go **** yourself.

GFY dooshie.. Who the **** were the Patriots anyway until they lucked into Brady, you guys were linging up to fire Belichick when that bit of fortune hit..

And your history is all wrong, Belichick didn't want to coach the Jets because he wanted out from under Parcells. Period.

Further, in regards to us being a second class franchise and not being able to land big names, didn't Parcells leave Patsyville to come here? thought so..

Go scratch your ass meatball

I love how all Pats fans have this incredible insight into the interworkings of Bill Belichick's mind and the NFL in general.

We should all be grateful that the annoying, arrogant, ****sucking, mother****ing, cumstained pricks come here to enlighten us.

I love how all Pats fans have this incredible insight into the interworkings of Bill Belichick's mind and the NFL in general.

We should all be grateful that the annoying, arrogant, ****sucking, mother****ing, cumstained pricks come here to enlighten us.

That always did amuse me. It's as if they think that because their team was better then everyone else's they had some kind of authority in football matters. So dumb.

Friggin' trolls...since their team is superior they think that filters down to their own intelligence. We all know this already. :hand:

Another dumb ass dooshie. Mangini was so dead on about Favre that he named his kid after him.. Give me a break.

This is blatant trolling, all along everyone related to the Cheatriots talked about how Mangini was a rat, and clueless and all these wonderful things, now that he's gone we made a mistake. Right.

You are clueless.

Mangini named his kid after a guy he didnt even know until this year? Yeah, I could tell Mangini was enamored with Favre after his 2nd INT.

What kind of fantasy drugs are you on?:rl:

Go **** yourself.

You have to understand. This is a fan of the Red Sox and Patriots. Prior to winning the SB in 2001 and winning the WS in 2004, his two team were complete garbage...he now thinks they invented football and baseball.

He's an Army vet like me so I can't get too pissed with him...;)

You are clueless.

Mangini named his kid after a guy he didnt even know until this year? Yeah, I could tell Mangini was enamored with Favre after his 2nd INT.

So you are saying Mangini didn't name his kid after Favre?

You are clueless.

UHHH ****brick is it?

Mangini DID name his son after Favre.

Imagine that, a Patriots fan didn't know something. :rolleyes:

Archived