Kerry Rhodes

Vudu

How will Rex Ryan affect Kerry RHodes  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How will Rex Ryan affect Kerry RHodes

• Kerry will be a Probowler/Emerge as an Elite Safety
    • He will Be mediocre/average at best

How do you think Rex Ryan's presence will affect Kerry Rhodes?

Do you think he;'ll emerge as a ball hog a la Ed Reed?

Give reasons for your answer...:)

No, I see Rhodes more as the "do everything" safety. You will see him blitzing, getting sacks, and making plays in the backfield - more of a Polamalu type safety. I think he will also get his 4+ picks. With Rex Ryan comes the reemmergence of Kerry Rhodes!

The best players on our D are:

1. Revis

2. Jenkins

3. Rhodes

4. Harris

Revis and Jenkins had great years last year and I think all of us are expecting them to play at the same level. Rhodes was a product of poor coaching and use of the personnel, while Harris was hurt last season. The 4 of these guys are going to be an anchor for the D for years to come, I can definitely see Rhodes being a top 5 safety this year. Book it.

It's hard to tell if lat year was poor scheming or Rhodes getting lazy, if it was poor playmaking we should see an improvment immediatley, if he was getting lazy he'll start slow then Rex will shove Rhodes' helmet somewhere uncomfortable. I remember seeing a couple seasons ago Vilma and Rhodes were good friends, they went over plays together and Rhodes viewed him as someone to look up to and as a leader. I know it sounds wierd but maybe Vilma held him accountable and without Vilma here he slacked off....just a thought. We'll see in about 6-7 months anyway.

This is one of my biggest question next to LB'ers. We all have seen how Ed Reed played in a RR defense. Can Kerry be that same type of ball hawk for this defense?

I picked "Kerry will be a Probowler/Emerge as an Elite Safety"

I hope I'm right.

He won't become Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, those guys are first ballot hall of famers. But I think you were a little polarizing in your options. There needs to be a middle ground that thinks he'll be a very good safety, make a couple of pro-bowls, and have a nice career.

That's what I would vote for.

How about "I don't know". It's really up to Rhodes. If he embraces what Ryan does, he gets the Ed Reed role in his defense(though Reed is one of the best at safety ever). Now, it's fair to point out Mangini played a very passive defense with the safeties very deep. But it's also fair to note that Rhodes did very little good this season.

One thing I would like to not see-the constant showing off, acting like every tackle is grounds for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Seems like Rhodes getys too involved in such silliness. It's his job. Stop acting like a little kid on a sugar rush.

Apparently Kerry thinks its up to Rex Ryan, because he knows he can be as good as Ed Reed. :roll:

"If he holds to form and lets me do the things I can I'll be able to make just as many plays as (Reed) does," Rhodes said. "I'm a guy like (Reed) that likes to make plays. So if (Ryan) keeps that freedom, I'll do that what I do."

I love confident players but Kerry - YOU'RE NOT THAT GOOD! Somebody get this clown a reality check.

He won't become Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, those guys are first ballot hall of famers. But I think you were a little polarizing in your options. There needs to be a middle ground that thinks he'll be a very good safety, make a couple of pro-bowls, and have a nice career.

That's what I would vote for.

Jets fans wish he could drag their jock straps. He simply can't, he's hollywood now, he's got his money now...the dude may as well retire.

Yes, because a lot of Jets fans absolutely suck.

:rl:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Kerry Rhodes isn't going to be Ed Reed, but he is going to continue to be a Top 5 Safety in the NFL with mulitple Pro Bowls and hopefully Super Bowl rings in his future.

I think he's going to be very good with Rex Ryan, thats one of the few things that excites me about Ryan. I think we're going to have a very good Defense (not as good as Baltimore's unless we start getting their players), I just don't know about the rest of the team. I think he can lead a Defense well, and I think he will, its just I don't think he has "it" to lead an entire team.

Archived