FA QB's 09

lancemehl

Exactly, it'll be Ratliff, I'm pretty confident. The argument everyone gives is the stupidest thing ever.

They say "Yeah , but he was playing against truckdrivers and grocery baggers", actually it's probably more like high school PE coaches.....but, anyway, when a QB wins the heisman and EVERYONE is drooling over him, he's gonna be a #1 pick, who the f--- was he playing against, a bunch of college kids, he was the best player on the field.What will they be, dentists?It would be like watching your starter in the 4th quarter of preseason game one.WOW!

Ratliff stepped in with 21 guys at EXACTLY his level (2nd stringers as well, mind you, remember, before Favre decided to start playing) and did his thing.

Rat's the man, we will find this out, hopefully it's in a Jet uni and not the painful way we usually do.

I agree with you in might be time for the Jets to take the training wheels off. I think if Ryan builds the defense the way we expect him to and our running game plays up to expectations we can bring along a young QB with minimal growing pains.

I agree with you in might be time for the Jets to take the training wheels off. I think if Ryan builds the defense the way we expect him to and our running game plays up to expectations we can bring along a young QB with minimal growing pains.

Nicely said. If any team is primed to bring up a young QB, this is it:

1. A highly Paid and well drafted defense with tons of talent, all ripe in age and a SUPPOSED genius leading them.

2. A fourth year, complex young coach with a system built to aid the QB(Chad). A SOLID O-LINE TWO FA STUDS and TWO First ROUND Picks in last three years. The returning AFC rushing champ and his FB returning behind this line, whose gel is one more year dried.

Basically either of these two work:

1. A returning 40 year old who,two years ago went 67cpl% 4,155yrds 28TD and 15 INTs two years ago and last year, before the "injury", the same injury the whole team got before the 12th game, did this :70% comp, 20TDs 13 INTs about 2,500 yards(11games)

Yeah he could do it, so could

2. The winner of a Clemens (lol), Ratliff(6'4" 245), Leftwich, Ainge Battle ( Ok, either take Lefty out and replace with one of the others or just Rat,Lemon, and Ain't.

The climate is just right for a 2000 Ravens, an 85 Bears, I see it, so clearly, Hostetler can you hear me?, Brother. Mark Rypien, are you listening?

More worrying things than which of those two QB scenerios play out is:

1.Will the team play all 16 this year? We were a superbowl team on 11/23/08.

uh, you listed 4 players who aren't even that old. i agree about faneca, BUT....

jones still has at least 4 years left in him due to not playing a lot in his early career. washington is great.

pace is only 28.

jenkins is only 29.

go play in traffic. jets need to build for the future.

So with this reaction, it just proves you have no other argument. If you want to go right to that, it just ruins any argument you had. Any chance you want to argue on the merits? Didn't think so.

Let's see.

Our starting RB is 30+

Our LG which we signed to big cash is older

We spent 42M on a LB from Arizona

We traded a 3rd and a 5th for an older NT (and gave him huge coin)

etc etc

The team, and the money spent, just screams, "Win now."

these two posts are why Jet fans are stupid..

"It's my way!"

"No, it's my way!"

jeez....it is both...

to survive in todays NFL you build for today and the future. You constantly bring in Vets and cultivate young talent. You don't plan to win every three to four years....

yeesh...why do you think the Raven defense has been so good for so long, Great coaching, well placed vets, talented youth...

all of it helps build a winning franchise.....

You really think one of those shemps is better than Favre?

Exactly . We as a team collapsed in the last 5 games!!! Everyone. Favre was obviously hurt, he's a pr&*k because he was worried about his streak, he knew he couldn't throw the coaches were pu$$ies.And NOW he NEEDS TO give us the respect of an answere so we can plan to win.

But that whole team blew it.And yeah, anyone on that list is laughable next to Favre, in the 27 regular season games before the bad "5" with the "torn tendons" (anyone ever throw a football with that?)

He was 21-6 with 68comp% 48TDs to 28 INTs and about 6,700yards

In the playoffs(yes, he took the 2008 6-10 Packers to the playoffs one years earlier),

he was 1-1 with 64% comp , 409yrds 5TDs to 2 INTs and a 99 passer rating.

The way he's acting now is pissing me off and making me a RAT man but anyone who doesn't think a Favre in camp from day one for his secone year isn't our BEST option is living a dream.psssst....wake up.....

Exactly . We as a team collapsed in the last 5 games!!! Everyone. Favre was obviously hurt, he's a pr&*k because he was worried about his streak, he knew he couldn't throw the coaches were pu$$ies.And NOW he NEEDS TO give us the respect of an answere so we can plan to win.

But that whole team blew it.And yeah, anyone on that list is laughable next to Favre, in the 27 regular season games before the bad "5" with the "torn tendons" (anyone ever throw a football with that?)

He was 21-6 with 68comp% 48TDs to 28 INTs and about 6,700yards

In the playoffs(yes, he took the 2008 6-10 Packers to the playoffs one years earlier),

he was 1-1 with 64% comp , 409yrds 5TDs to 2 INTs and a 99 passer rating.

The way he's acting now is pissing me off and making me a RAT man but anyone who doesn't think a Favre in camp from day one for his secone year isn't our BEST option is living a dream.psssst....wake up.....

I can't blame Favre for not asking out of the game...no player would do that

Imagine the outcry if it played out where Favre sits out the end of the year because he came to the team and said he was hurt, and then Clemens started and the Jets missed the playoffs?

The guy would be getting hammered by the fans for having no heart and throwing in the towel.

The only ones to blame are the training and coaching staff of the Jets.

Anyone that bashes Favre for playing hurt should also be bashing the bejesus out of Curtis Martin.

That falls on the coaching staff.

Curtis Martin could still be the best back ever though, no matter the injury. :)

I can't blame Favre for not asking out of the game...no player would do that

Imagine the outcry if it played out where Favre sits out the end of the year because he came to the team and said he was hurt, and then Clemens started and the Jets missed the playoffs?

The guy would be getting hammered by the fans for having no heart and throwing in the towel.

The only ones to blame are the training and coaching staff of the Jets.

I definitely blame the coaches, Favre didn't know he was going to end up 2-9, the doctors to the coaches to the owner= $ first, PR second, football third (if at all)

this thread is suddenly a lot more relevant !!!

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

(36)Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans

(38)Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears

Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

OTHERS:

Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills

David Carr, UFA, N.Y. Giants

Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Ryan Fitzpatrick, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

J.T. O'Sullivan San Francisco 49ers

Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos

I thought carr payed well for the G-men, but there is only 1 guy who fits the mold of strong armed game manager....

kerry ****ing collins !!!!!

thank you..we need a vet presence NOW

You can win with a rookie, especially one that's been in the system a while, ask tom Brady, or Big ben,

with this line up of available QB's, might as well go with who we got, build a crazy defense and see. We will either have a gem, or it'll be cut and dry we need a QB!

Do you want to crawl to 10-6 with one of these stiffs, then go one and out? Then where are we next year.

I think it's Ratliff vs. Clemens vs. Ainge for Rex year 1, period, we MUST KNOW!!!!!lol

Archived