Who is going to a draft party this year?

Maxman

Sure it is early, but it is never to early to talk about a good old fashioned draft party.

I think I am going this year. And I will be bringing my award winning personality with me.

Anyone else?

I am gonna stop in at Amedeos this year for a bit ,,,the owner told me Cohwer watched the 1st couple hours of draft there last year,,he said it was hilarious as he was makin jokes about teams etc,,what the hell, i will see if he shows up again

Max, what about hosting one through JetNation? I think 50-100 kegs--of scotch--should do it. You might also throw in a few cases of Champagne (I'll send you a PM with my recommendations building in plenty of time for you to put in your order and shipment from France.), Barolo, and absinthe. Food is, of course, up to you. Although, at a minimum, you should plan on several carving stations (steamships of beef, whole turkeys, goose, legs of lamb, that sort of thing), a pasta bar (of course by "pasta" I am including house made gnocchi, lasagne of various types, penne ala vodka, amongst others), and an omelette "odyssey" staffed by several, professional and seasoned (no pun intended), omletier. We can speak about desserts, espresso, and cordials at a later time.

I went to the one at Dave and busters in NYC last year it was great. I got to meet Leon, Rhodes, Revis, Barton Bowens and wesley walker. I'll probably go again this year.

I met him, he's a really nice guy.

I've never been to a draft party but there's a first time for everything.

I had my friends over for the draft last year. Kicked the wife & kids out of the house for 24 hours.

I really, really wanted to pay attention to what was going on, I don't remember anything past pick#23...

Yeah, that's why I usually watch at home by myself. That's the kind of event that you really have to be able to hear what's going on to get into it.

can we start a draft day (where you at homie?)

thread? I got some questions about goin. Me and

my buddies go every year, and every year we say

were gonna stay both days to get tickets for next

year, and we end up going home cause the first

night sucked so bad.

Sure it is early, but it is never to early to talk about a good old fashioned draft party.

I think I am going this year. And I will be bringing my award winning personality with me.

Anyone else?

Is there a party in Atlanta? If so, then maybe.

Max, what about hosting one through JetNation? I think 50-100 kegs--of scotch--should do it. You might also throw in a few cases of Champagne (I'll send you a PM with my recommendations building in plenty of time for you to put in your order and shipment from France.), Barolo, and absinthe. Food is, of course, up to you. Although, at a minimum, you should plan on several carving stations (steamships of beef, whole turkeys, goose, legs of lamb, that sort of thing), a pasta bar (of course by "pasta" I am including house made gnocchi, lasagne of various types, penne ala vodka, amongst others), and an omelette "odyssey" staffed by several, professional and seasoned (no pun intended), omletier. We can speak about desserts, espresso, and cordials at a later time.

is that single-malt scotch or the blended crap? I'll show up for some free Lagavulin.

is that single-malt scotch or the blended crap? I'll show up for some free Lagavulin.

Good question. I was finally able to get a phone connection into Islay. Unfortunately, the distillery doesn't ship "kegs" (casks) to the Continental United States. After a very pleasant, convivial conversation with Lagavulin's director of marketing--it seems, coincidentally, that his grandfather had actually initiated a mustard gas attack which wiped out about a third of my town in Italy, as well as several infant children in my family, during WWI--we agreed that they would ship as many cases as we need for the proposed draft party at cost. I would need to clear it with Max, but I'm thinking 40-60 cases should do it.

lagavulin.gif

looks like I will make it in.....wiating to see where they hold the JETS DRAFT DAY parties this year!

I think the JETS should have it in the Bubble at the Stadium ,say $30 gets you in with a free spread of bar food $1 draft Beers ,$3 bottle Beers & $6 mixed drinks with a good amount of TV`S for the Draft of course a good amount of Former JET GREATS, Along with anyone who put in for a PSL gets a tour of the new stadium whith 1 guest to check out where there seats will be in the new stadium, plus if they haven`t sold all these out by then it will be a great idea to get a last minute sales push in.Just a thought.

Archived