My McNuggets are an Emergency officer

SouthernJet

A McNuggets "Emergency"

Floridian called 911 three times over McDonald's chicken shortage

0303091inside1.jpg MARCH 3--Angered that her local McDonald's was out of Chicken McNuggets, a Florida woman called 911 three times to report the fast food "emergency." Latreasa Goodman, 27, last Saturday called police to complain that a cashier--citing a McDonald's all sales are final policy--would not give her a refund. [To listen to Goodman's 911 calls, click here, here, and here.] When cops responded to the restaurant, Goodman told them, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one." Goodman noted, "I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," according to the below Fort Pierce Police Department report. That logic, however, did not keep cops from citing Goodman for misusing the 911 system. Even after being issued a misdemeanor citation, Goodman contended, "this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency." The McDonald's devotee is seen at right in a mug shot snapped after a previous encounter with police. Last month, a Florida man was arrested after he called 911 to complain about his displeasure with a Burger King combo meal. (2 pages)

Of course it was wrong to call 911, but what the hell's up with McD's taking people's money and then saying, "You can't have what you want. We'll give you something else?"

my guess is cashier didnt know how to refund,,or didnt want to..thats takes brains,, not picture keys on touchpad

Of course it was wrong to call 911, but what the hell's up with McD's taking people's money and then saying, "You can't have what you want. We'll give you something else?"

Im assuming it was a credit card purchase... therefore they would lose money by refunding her...

Bad business policy customer relations wise for sure...

A McNuggets "Emergency"

0303091inside1.jpg MARCH 3--Angered that her local McDonald's was out of Chicken McNuggets, a Florida woman called 911 three times to report the fast food "emergency." Latreasa Goodman, 27, last Saturday called police to complain that a cashier--citing a McDonald's all sales are final policy--would not give her a refund. [To listen to Goodman's 911 calls, click here, here, and here.] When cops responded to the restaurant, Goodman told them, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one." Goodman noted, "I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," according to the below Fort Pierce Police Department report. That logic, however, did not keep cops from citing Goodman for misusing the 911 system. Even after being issued a misdemeanor citation, Goodman contended, "this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency." The McDonald's devotee is seen at right in a mug shot snapped after a previous encounter with police. Last month, a Florida man was arrested after he called 911 to complain about his displeasure with a Burger King combo meal. (2 pages)

God, the movie "Idiocracy" seems like it coming true at a rapid pace. I hope this moron does not plan to reproduce. What am I saying, I'd bet she already has 4 kids. :rolleyes:

so they took her money for the mcnuggs, then told her they were out and she couldn't get her money back ?

lol for being out of mcnuggs

lol for not knowing how to refund

but calling 911 ? that's whack I tell ya !

God, the movie "Idiocracy" seems like it coming true at a rapid pace. I hope this moron does not plan to reproduce. What am I saying, I'd bet she already has 4 kids. :rolleyes:

Moron? Well if loving Chicken McNuggets is Moronic. Then Call me moronic. I just love their crunchy friend goodness.

It's truly bizarre that McD's would take her money (I heard she paid cash) and not refund it. But calling 911 is a little over the top.

I guess the backlash against McD's policy got to them. I heard a report on TV that McD's has decided to refund her money and give her coupons for free mcnuggets. But she's still being charged by the police.

While calling 911 was ridiculously insane lets change the scale of the purchase a bit.

You just bought a Sony TV for 3000 and after paying Best Buy says "sorry, we don't have the Sony TV and we won't give you a refund... how about we give you this Panasonic instead?"

You just bought a new Mercedes C AMG and you are then told "hey, we are out of the AMG so we are going to give you a regular C class instead since we do not offer refunds..."

Callings 911 - idiotic

Not refunding somebody when you can't provide the goods or services that were paid for? Horrid bussiness practices at their best.

A McNuggets "Emergency"

The Cashier should have told the women "This isn't Burger King Bitch, you can't have it your way!"

I have a feeling that she wasn't acting like an adult throughout all of this and that's what did her in. We get called to "Customer Troubles" all the time and I'm sure that Department would do the same, but calling 911 to report something like that is ridiculous. Sad part is it happens all the time. When I was on the road and would get assigned to the desk from time to time, people would call 911 for the most ridiculous stuff. VCR programming, low water pressure, power outages....anything but emergencies. I would bark at them and make them call me back on the non-emergency line.....which would piss em off because I was the same person answering that too. :lol:

At the most, she had a civil complaint and that's what the officers would have told her most likely. However, since she probably acted like a 5 year old, F her.

Archived