JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

One more thing. Give me a chance to prove myself obviously. You can off me and get confirmation from EY and lose your investigator. Or you can keep me alive, avoid the lynch, protect me and I can come back with a result on someone we're questions (WP, Norway, etc.) and I can say innocent or not.

Who are you more inclined to behead now? Still Norway, or should we look at WP. I'm starting to lean more towards Woody as he's disappeared again. I'm thinking vote woody, investigate Norway, and if he comes up clean, we can probably assume JVOR's innocence.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recommend another course of action. I think you should only let us know if you find guilty findings, or you reveal it all if the doctor gets killed. Outing innocents makes them instant night kill targets as the doctor can't protect both of you and a universally confirmed innocent is too useful to the townies to let live. I think you should only out an innocent if we are on the verge of lynching one.

is there an echo in here ;)

spot on analysis though..

Don't announce innocents unless you are saving from a lynch.. We want guilty's out of you..

I'm thinking there should be no counter claim if there is one available. If vicious finds a guilty in the next day or two then we'll gladly lynch them. But I do believe the circumstances surrounding the reveal are very suspicious..

Fair enough. I'll follow those rules then. The only time I'll step in on an innocent is to save them. Even if it'll get them killed that nights it affords us an opportunity to get a lynch RIGHT.

What circumstances are suspicious to you CTM.

Also are we gonna want to kinda decide who to go after as a town or you guys just gonna let me do my own thing? I'd almost be more comfortable going with a couple of options to investigate and pick from that. It's difficult to walk this line as you want to protect innocents.

is there an echo in here ;)

spot on analysis though..

Agreed. If our doctor dies do you guys think it'd be wise to just put out there who the known innocents are? It would narrow down the amount of members who could be mafia.

Shutout- I like your idea.

Who are you more inclined to behead now? Still Norway, or should we look at WP. I'm starting to lean more towards Woody as he's disappeared again. I'm thinking vote woody, investigate Norway, and if he comes up clean, we can probably assume JVOR's innocence.

I don't agree that we could assume anything about JVOR..

also, we shouldn't cop direct as the scum will just NK them preventing the cop from gathering a list of confirmed innocents. (which are highly valuable as the game moves on) A tbest we can focus him in on a handful of potentials..

I think we wait and see what Vicious does as the game progresses, but that ultimately nothing has changed, vote for your most suspicious..

Agreed. If our doctor dies do you guys think it'd be wise to just put out there who the known innocents are? It would narrow down the amount of members who could be mafia.

Shutout- I like your idea.

Ah, but I'd like to add something to Shutout's idea...perhaps investigate the following night the person who suggests that you investigate someone, Vicious. That will keep everyone honest and not have random names being thrown out.

ABsolutely.. if the doctor dies, you tell all as you'll be dead the following night..

also, we shouldn't cop direct as the scum will just NK them preventing the cop from gathering a list of confirmed innocents. (which are highly valuable as the game moves on) A tbest we can focus him in on a handful of potentials..

I think we wait and see what Vicious does as the game progresses, but that ultimately nothing has changed, vote for your most suspicious..

I think it's simple- we talk about who we think is possibly guilty during the day. We lynch them based on our feelings. I will based on our conversations and most suspicious, investigate someone, once the night is over I can then either put my vote in, which should be clear... or stop the lynching if it's a known innocent, ONLY AT THE END.

What circumstances are suspicious to you CTM.

I don't understand why you'd be trying to prevent a bandwagon on SMC in the middle on the night when nobody can vote..

I also don't understand how you go confused about everyone having a role after neither JB or SMC did..

imo, I will think of you as the cop but I don't consider you confirmed yet..

I don't understand why you'd be trying to prevent a bandwagon on SMC in the middle on the night when nobody can vote..

I also don't understand how you go confused about everyone having a role after neither JB or SMC did..

imo, I will think of you as the cop but I don't consider you confirmed yet..

Because I'm a ****ing idiot. My brain is fried from this weekend looking at houses and crap and I made a major slip up. I've never had the cop role EVER, and I sorely misplayed it.

It'd be easy for a counter claimant but take a look at my posts defending SMC's innocence. I was trying to avoid a bandwagon movement around him, and it totally backfired with him getting offed. It's my bad for not realizing not everyone has a role, it seemed last game everyone did, I just royally misplayed my hand on this one. Like I said all I have to offer is nothing because I investigated SMC. I can't share my PM's with EY.

Like I said earlier, while your hinting at a role jumped out at me as suspicious, I'm inclined to believe your reveal at this point. However, your defense of SMC doesn't necessarily prove anything, because if you're mafia you could've easily done that knowing he was about to get killed and turn up innocent. Not saying that is what happened, just pointing out your defense of him doesn't make anything a certainty about your alignment. Unless there is a counterclaim or something you tell us comes up false, there's no reason to not believe you at this point though and so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to even consider voting for you.

Ah, but I'd like to add something to Shutout's idea...perhaps investigate the following night the person who suggests that you investigate someone, Vicious. That will keep everyone honest and not have random names being thrown out.

Agreed that we can't just have everyone shouting "he's suspicious, investigate him!" As far as CTM goes if I came off as cop directing I assure that was not my intent. I was merely looking to see which way Vicious was leaning between our top 2 suspects.

Vicious should be investigating who HE thinks is suspicious, not necessarily who WE say is. If he's the detective, and I see no real reason to not believe him right now, he shouldn't be swayed by anyone less trustworthy than him. Go with your instincts and if you find something, we as a town will act accordingly.

+1 on this. Vicious you need to be extra careful to the way you word things. Hinting innocence from this point on or agreement with someone or disagreement with someone can be read into too much as your word now means gold to the townies.

If Vicious wants to investigate me he can. Norway being innocent or mafia has no indication whatsoever to my alignment. If he investigates Norway first, I ask that investigation be done on me as well instead of assuming anything.

Like I said earlier, while your hinting at a role jumped out at me as suspicious, I'm inclined to believe your reveal at this point. However, your defense of SMC doesn't necessarily prove anything, because if you're mafia you could've easily done that knowing he was about to get killed and turn up innocent. Not saying that is what happened, just pointing out your defense of him doesn't make anything a certainty about your alignment. Unless there is a counterclaim or something you tell us comes up false, there's no reason to not believe you at this point though and so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to even consider voting for you.

Well I'm glad you see it that way. How do you guys feel about WP? Shutout made a good point and ever since JiF's claim he's basically completely disappeared.

I think it's simple- we talk about who we think is possibly guilty during the day. We lynch them based on our feelings. I will based on our conversations and most suspicious, investigate someone, once the night is over I can then either put my vote in, which should be clear... or stop the lynching if it's a known innocent, ONLY AT THE END.

I think you should investigate whoever you are wary of, for whatever reason you are wary of them. Doggin said once investigate the most innocent, lynch the most suspicious. I didn't agree at the time, but I've come to reconsider. I think that's also fair advice to consider as a mafia positioned in one of the assumed innocent positions is pretty much party over for the town. So, you should be wary of everyone is what I'm saying. Someone on his 8th life like Norway/Woody isn't scary as mafia frankly they'll be nabbed eventually.

imo, just pick whomever you think is best and go with it..

Ok, everyone seriously need to stop going on screaming "investigate me". While I appreciate your wanting to prove your innocence if you really are innocent (and obviously you know whether or not you are), getting Vicious to investigate you is wasting a night's investigation. We want him to get guilty results, not innocent ones. Odds are that the doctor is eventually going to go down and once he does, Vicious is next so he needs to use every investigation wisely. Asking him to target you just so you can be proven innocent to everyone else isn't a help to anyone.

So bottom line, Vicious, completely ignore these requests for investigation. Don't consider them one way or another in your decision, because we don't need to prove innocence here. Go after who you find most guilty, nothing more.

Before you answer Vicious, i just want to check with the other guys if this is a good idea.

I'm curious as to what exactly you found out about SMC vicious and how you were able to ask the question. Is it just "investigate" SMC or is it tell me SMC's win condition or alignment or role. Was the response you got back roleless townie?

Is it okay if he answers this?

Before you answer Vicious, i just want to check with the other guys if this is a good idea.

I'm curious as to what exactly you found out about SMC vicious and how you were able to ask the question. Is it just "investigate" SMC or is it tell me SMC's win condition or alignment or role. Was the response you got back roleless townie?

yes, he should answer..

As is stated in the rules, no one may repost a PM from me. Paraphrasing is however is allowed.

I believe it is ok, as long as he doesn't directly quote anything from EY

WTF? Why Vic? Why?

So if we trust that he is the dective then that means we save him for the night. The problem is the mafia could easily stay away from him, kill an innocent and then the town would be all over Vic as liar.

This move makes no sense, you didnt have that much heat on you. You could have easily got away from the hint without revealing. You are a smart guy. You know what this would do to the town.

I dont know if I am buying this because its that retarded.

I don't see an issue with Vicious answering, but I don't think we'll gain anything from it. Even if he's lying about his role, SMC is already dead and revealed to be a role less townie. If Vicious' reveal wasn't truthful, all he'd have to answer you with is that SMC was revealed via his PM with EY to be a role less townie.

I see no harm in the question, so I guess if it helps you and CTM to trust that he's the detective it's in the best interest of us all.

WTF? Why Vic? Why?

So if we trust that he is the dective then that means we save him for the night. The problem is the mafia could easily stay away from him, kill an innocent and then the town would be all over Vic as liar.

This move makes no sense, you didnt have that much heat on you. You could have easily got away from the hint without revealing. You are a smart guy. You know what this would do to the town.

I dont know if I am buying this because its that retarded.

Not necessarily. If that scenario plays out, its just as likely that it points towards more experienced players as Zombies. They'd know it would be a wasted opportunity to go after him as he assuredly have doc protection, whereas inexperienced undead players could be ambitious enough to risk going for him in the hopes the Dr. doesn't protect anyone/vicious/exist.

It was an unnecessary role reveal, but I don't see what the zombies would have to gain from it as like you said there was little to no heat on him when he did reveal. Maybe I'm just being naive, but I believe in Harvey Den - Er, Vicious.

That's what I'm talking about :D

there should be a doctor here, so they will have to protect vicious tonight.

Yeah, but its like I said in my other post.

Because it so obvious that he needs to be protected, the mafia might not want to waste a NK on someone they know is being protected.

So then lets say an innocent or worse a doctor turns up dead. Everyone is going to pile on Vic claiming liar and then if he is telling the truth, they would have the town do their dirty work by chopping the head off a detective.

Vic really ****ed us and he isnt that dumb of a guy. He knows this would **** us. Why do I feel like he is lying and how can we find out? Do any of the department store carry lie-detectors?

Archived