JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

Lynch all liars definitely comes into play here.

As I see it, there are 3 options, all of which involve Jets Babe lying about something:

1) Jets Babe lied about having a power role, and did so because she is scum

2) Jets Babe lied about having a power role, and did so because she is a townie who wanted to avoid lynching

3) Jets Babe told the truth about having a power role, and is now lying about being a regular townie to avoid being night killed if she survives the day.

Logically, the last option makes no sense - at 1 vote away from death, she's certainly in more danger of being lynched than being NK'd, so if she were truly a powered townie her best move would be to full-reveal and call for doctor protection. Instead, she's sticking to her second story of being roleless. So, I think it's likely we're dealing with one of the first two situations.

Most likely, she's a townie who got cute and got burned for it - we'll see with the death scene. But there's also enough scummy behavior - aside from the bandwagoning, there's also the extreme defensiveness and insulting of other players, which is often (though not always) a scum deflection tactic.

To sum it up: JB is likely a townie, but a legitimate possibility to be scum. Since she's unlikely to have a power role if she is a townie and odds are we'd lynch a townie day 1 anyway, lynching her is the right move.

Sorry, Erika . . . just the way it's got to be.

She definitely lied about something, I was just interested in seeing what she decided to say about it. Having watched her play in the last game, she does a lot of scummy things even in the townie role. It's tough to get a read on her alignment because of it. Really though, implying she had a significant role to reveal was a really bad move on her part.

If innocent, it makes you the logical NK target especially at this early stage of the game. If she survives the night she instantly looks like mafia posing as a role. If no one gets killed, it's instantly obvious she's the doctor. Not really much upside at saying that type of thing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I see it, there are 3 options, all of which involve Jets Babe lying about something:

2) Jets Babe lied about having a power role, and did so because she is a townie who wanted to avoid lynching

3) Jets Babe told the truth about having a power role, and is now lying about being a regular townie to avoid being night killed if she survives the day.

Logically, the last option makes no sense - at 1 vote away from death, she's certainly in more danger of being lynched than being NK'd, so if she were truly a powered townie her best move would be to full-reveal and call for doctor protection. Instead, she's sticking to her second story of being roleless. So, I think it's likely we're dealing with one of the first two situations.

Most likely, she's a townie who got cute and got burned for it - we'll see with the death scene. But there's also enough scummy behavior - aside from the bandwagoning, there's also the extreme defensiveness and insulting of other players, which is often (though not always) a scum deflection tactic.

To sum it up: JB is likely a townie, but a legitimate possibility to be scum. Since she's unlikely to have a power role if she is a townie and odds are we'd lynch a townie day 1 anyway, lynching her is the right move.

If its the right move, why didn't you cast the vote?

I'm not ready to lynch anyone just yet. I just don't think there's been enough info put out there yet other than some somewhat suspicious behavior by JB (honestly the only thing that truly bugs me is all the votes she's cast). Part of the reason for that is we wasted an entire days worth of posts, almost 2 pages, on Anchorman quotes. Yes, I got in on the fun too, so did a couple of us, but Vicisious and Norway kept coming back to it. Were not gonna get much info on day 1, thats accepted, its just something to think about when we actually start getting moved backwards from nowhere.

I like it. And I've been drinking since 2:00. God I love my job!

Unvote

Vote: JB

I would also like to point out that this was posted in the midst of the Ron Burgundy based shenanigans. Norway ironically bandwaggoning off of Doggin's vote for JB on the basis of her openly bandwagon voting. This vote combined with the Anchorman hijack leads my FOS to Norway.

I'm guessing you were searching for "crusher"?

Why the FOS on JiF?

Yup. I take back my finger of suspicion. It was the search function. lol.

In my thought process when i didn't realize on it, Crusher is the only one to answer Jif's question to join him, so I thought that something happened. But... I just forgot i used the search function.

wait, how did i lie about having a power role?

wait, how did i lie about having a power role?

That would be:

Are you guys being serious right now?? The smart thing to do is look at suspicious posts..a lot of characters are assigned roles to "speak" like their character. For example, last game I was doctor and I had to criticize Thor for everything and call him Newbie (like Dr. Cox on Scrubs). So far I only notice JiF talking excited or something...

I don't want to have to do a role reveal so early because it's going to ruin it for us innocents. :shutit:

unvote: Irish Jet

Vicious89x (1) - The Crusher

SMC (2) - CTM, Jets Babe

Jets Babe (8) - Doggin94it, Norway, Irish Jet, JiF, Jets Things, War Ensemble, SMC, JVOR

With 16 players remaining, it takes 9 to behead.

*No you may not post PMs.

**I apologize for my absence. Carry on.

"I give up. I quit", Jets Babe says. "If you all think I'm a zombie, here's my blood!"

"Wait... a cry from the crowd emerges, what point are you trying to prove".

It's too late, spurned by the mere accusation of her guilt, Jets Babe has lit the entire Yankee Candle Company on fire trapping herself in a firey inferno.

yankee-candle.jpg

Jets Babe, a roleless innocent is now dead.

Please PM me your night actions, if you have any.

Yup. I take back my finger of suspicion. It was the search function. lol.

In my thought process when i didn't realize on it, Crusher is the only one to answer Jif's question to join him, so I thought that something happened. But... I just forgot i used the search function.

Of course I answered JiF's question, I'm fat. Couldn't resist.

Well that was a waste. Don't see why someone would "martyr" themselves without a cause. Oh well.

Well, we don't really have anything new to go on now. I thought I got JB with that slip-up, sorry!!

There is no reason. I've said it a thousand times, but none of these people ever listen - if you are innocent, you don't do the town any favors by killing yourself. It's a stupid move in almost every situation I can think of.

Please, all of you, stop doing it.

Well that was a waste. Don't see why someone would "martyr" themselves without a cause. Oh well.

Well, we don't really have anything new to go on now. I thought I got JB with that slip-up, sorry!!

Yeah, that really confuses me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how her self-inflicted death gave us any additional information on anyone. Typically the point of doing something like that is to accomplish proving the guilt of someone else, but I don't see how that happened here. I think we could've learned more from seeing who put the death blow on her.

Yeah, that really confuses me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how her self-inflicted death gave us any additional information on anyone. Typically the point of doing something like that is to accomplish proving the guilt of someone else, but I don't see how that happened here. I think we could've learned more from seeing who put the death blow on her.

agreed, total waste on the first day. Once again, all we've learned is that Dorothy Mantooth is a saint.

Not really sure of who to be suspicious of right now. I mentioned Norway earlier, SMC only has a couple of posts and here's his only vote:

That does stink. I should be posting more, so my bad in the neglect counter.

But good use of trying to deflecting using Obi Wan KinoCTM logic. So I ...

Vote: Jets Babe

SMC, whats with the low post count? And There's not much in terms of explaining this pile on vote other than "you voted for me first".

I suppose its normal to have next to no information after the first day?

For now, there is no limit. If I need to enforce one, it will probably be 24 hrs. We tend to be a little more lenient on the weekends.

I understand not putting a timer on the day, but nothing happens at night, so you need a deadline by which you're going to call it and start the next day. If the mafia doesn't get a kill in, if the doc doesn't protect, the cop doesn't investigate, whatever - that's their team's bad luck. But without a deadline, I've seen nights last 5 real days while mods wait for all the actions to come in.

Archived