I just got the most original idea!

TNJet

Clemens or Ratliff?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Clemens or Ratliff?

• Kellen
    • Brett Rat

Pretty easy poll considering one has never play a down in the NFL.

Very true....but he's the future! He's the best we've had since Namath! Didnt his 3 passes to Clowney in the Preseason justify this?? Wake up people! Peyton < Ratliff!

Ratliff, and here's why.

Clemens is already on the south side of the "suck" line, and my theory is once you are south of the suck line, it doesn't matter how far below the suck line you are, because you ummmmmm.. SUCK. Ratliff may be below that line too, but I do not know it yet.... So Go with the suck you know, or the potential suck you may get?

Ratliff, and here's why.

Clemens is already on the south side of the "suck" line, and my theory is once you are south of the suck line, it doesn't matter how far below the suck line you are, because you ummmmmm.. SUCK. Ratliff may be below that line too, but I do not know it yet.... So Go with the suck you know, or the potential suck you may get?

There are plenty of decent-to-good qbs who were drafted into bad teams and bad situations and just couldn't recover no matter where they ended up later. See Joey Harrington and David Carr.

There are plenty of decent-to-good qbs who were drafted into bad teams and bad situations and just couldn't recover no matter where they ended up later. See Joey Harrington and David Carr.

....and there's also dozens of quarterbacks who learned on the job and ended up better for it. Eli Manning was pretty awful as a young QB as well, among a couple dozen others. Point is, we won't truly know what we have in Clemens until we let him play.

Granted, if you can get a Jay Cutler you go for it, I just don't think it's likely. Even if Denver somehow goes bat**** insane and makes him available, there are teams with much better packages to potentially offer (Like Detroit).

Suck Line -------------------

Harrington

Carr

Clemens

Archived