Welcome back Abram Elam! Take that mangini!

Jetkid94

jets match browns offer for Elam http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_jets_match_browns_off.html

by Dave Hutchinson

Tuesday March 17, 2009, 3:27 PM

The Jets have matched the one-year, $1.5 million offer sheet the Cleveland Browns extended to safety Abram Elam, the club has announced.

The club had signed Elam, a restricted free agent, to a one-year, $1.01 million tender before the Browns extended the offer sheet.

Last season, Elam, who took over for the injured Eric Smith, turned into a playmaker. He finished with 57 tackles, an interception (returned 92 yards for a touchdown) and three forced fumbles, including one in a Week 15 game against Buffalo that was returned for a game-winning touchdown by defensive end Shaun Ellis.

---------------

Great move, IMO.

Solid player, I'd hope we still address the Safety position in the draft and have Leonard, Rhodes, Rookie, and then Smith and Elam can battle it out for the last spot.

Chip Vaughn in the 3rd!!!

There is no need to draft a safety on Day 1 when we have holes at Defensive Line depth, Offensive Line depth, Wide Receiver & Inside Linebacker depth.

Elam is a top reserve, no need to spend a Day 1 pick on a S. You want to draft someone in the 6th or 7th to compete with Smith for the 4th spot? Fine, but not in the 3rd round.

There is no need to draft a safety on Day 1 when we have holes at Defensive Line depth, Offensive Line depth, Wide Receiver & Inside Linebacker depth.

Elam is a top reserve, no need to spend a Day 1 pick on a S. You want to draft someone in the 6th or 7th to compete with Smith for the 4th spot? Fine, but not in the 3rd round.

The third round is on Day 2.

But I do agree with you that it's ****ing stupid if we draft a safety that high.

Love it. I will always rember him poking the ball out of losman hand in the 4th quarter last year and Big Cat running in for the W :) then ****ing farve does not throw a TD against the 32 rank passing D in the leauge in SEA :shutit:

I remember him taking a pick-6 against Buffalo.

I remember him taking a pick-6 against Buffalo.

yup. I was there. about 8 rows away from it. all the buffalo fans were getting annoying at me because buffalo was about to score and they laughed at manginis call on that penalty which resulted in buffalo getting that field position. then BAM elam intercepts it, and runs it back and all the fans sit down in shame.

Archived