Max Hits The BIG TIME!!!!

SoFlaJets

4) Do you like the moves the team has made so far in the offseason? Why?

Jason Fitzgerald from NY Jets Cap: How can you not like what the team has done this offseason? I actually think this was a better use of money than the 2008 offseason. In 2008 we spent a lot of money on players who will likely be on the downside with the Jets whereas this season we spent money on young players that should experience the best years of their careers here. Bart Scott is a tremendous upgrade over Eric Barton and should help the team both in run support and in preventing the backs and tight ends to get big gains on pass plays.

Jim Leonhard doesn

Max from JetNation.com: Not at this point. Last year, the Jets spent a ton of money of the offensive line with the focus being able to run the ball. This year they have made huge improvements to the defense. Their defensive identity is going to be very aggressive and on offense they will play smart, run often and try not to turn the ball over. Cutler is an amazing talent but he is young and immature. The Jets did the huge ego \ strong armed QB thing last year, so they did the right thing passing on Cutler. Let

Max from JetNation.com: Not at this point. Last year, the Jets spent a ton of money of the offensive line with the focus being able to run the ball. This year they have made huge improvements to the defense. Their defensive identity is going to be very aggressive and on offense they will play smart, run often and try not to turn the ball over. Cutler is an amazing talent but he is young and immature. The Jets did the huge ego \ strong armed QB thing last year, so they did the right thing passing on Cutler. Let

JI has had its credentials lifted I hear due to some outrageous emails that were sent that made it seem the Jets were in partnership with JI..Very misleading..

Jets very pissed I hear

Is this for real?

That cliche-slinging MFer!

Max, you forgot "The Jets will give 110%" and "There's a lot of parity in the league, so if the Jets play their cards right, they could compete for a playoff slot!"

Why didn't he mention that this year's Jets will be better in "all three phases of the game"? The anticipation of this weekly statement by former "Head Coach" and dunce Eric Mangini would keep me riveted to my TV.

Why didn't he mention that this year's Jets will be better in "all three phases of the game"? The anticipation of this weekly statement by former "Head Coach" and dunce Eric Mangini would keep me riveted to my TV.

My favorite Mangini-ism was the usage of "in terms of":

"We did a good job in terms of energy, in terms of knowing our assignments."

Half the time, I had no idea what he was talking about. Sadly, this was also the plight of his team. What an idiot.

so happy to NOT have to hear one more boring post game or any other interview from that dolt as our coach

That cliche-slinging MFer!

Max, you forgot "The Jets will give 110%" and "There's a lot of parity in the league, so if the Jets play their cards right, they could compete for a playoff slot!"

:rl::rl::rl:

I stand by my answers. Wait until you read them all there were like 20 questions I think. Read my words and learn about the Jets. That is just the way it is. :-P

no, just a bitter guy posting crap..

BTW Max, seemed almost like you knew what you were talking about, Congrats...

:rl:

Bitter??

no, just a guy who likes to kid..

I have been asked back to JI on numerous occasions, and I respect the posters there, I just dont have enough 'material' for two places ;)

I am glad they did not ask for any predictions from Max- like Herm Edwards will lead the Jets to the Super Bowl winner he had.

Remember this Max gem from his first blog, The Maxie Pad? "Hess' brilliant and astute signing of a renewed Rich Kotite to take the Jet reins will pay massive dividends immediately, my friends. Watch the NFL take notice as Richie "The K" leads our boys to Supe number two. How psyched are you for the ticker tape parade, fellas?"

JI has had its credentials lifted I hear due to some outrageous emails that were sent that made it seem the Jets were in partnership with JI..Very misleading..

Jets very pissed I hear

Is this for real?

Yeah, Inquiring former employees of Sean Deegan would like to know...

Especially since HE GOT PAID a few years back by WOODY for the "JETS INSIDER" copyrite...

Archived