4 No Hitters in a row!?!?!

TampaBayJetsFan85

Patrick Schuster, a 17 year old senior left handed pitcher for Mitchell High School in Pasco County (FLorida) has pitched 4 no hitters in a row and goes for number 5 next Tuesday at Countryside in the state quarter finals......

Schuster has a fast ball in the mid 90's, a wicked slider and one of the biggest curve balls anyone has seen.......He has struck out 60 over those 4 no hitters...

He has signed a scholarship letter of intent with the UF Gators, but has not ruled out going pro and is attracting scouts from every ML team, with Rays scouts front and center.

There is a current ML pitcher who also had 4 consecutive no hitters as a junior in high school.....On his 5th try, he gave up a hit in the last inning, and then went out and pitched 2 more no hitters back to back....... Kazmir!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/04/21/no.hitter/?eref=T1

Consecutive no-hit streaks are relatively poor predictors of future success. The Mets drafted [Tom] Engle [an ESPN producer and former minor leaguer who tied the national record for consecutive no-hitters when he threw six for Fairfield Union in Lancaster, Ohio] in the second round in 1989, but the right hander had two Tommy John surgeries and never rose above Triple A. Sam Militello, who tied the previous Florida record when he threw three in a row for Tampa's Jefferson High in 1987, was taken in the sixth round by the Yankees in the 1990 draft. He pitched in 12 games in 1992 and 1993, going 4-4 for his career. Colt Molloy, who threw five consecutive no-hitters for Memphis (Texas) High in 2007, went 1-0 with a 7.58 ERA in 19 innings as a freshman in 2008 at Seminole State, an Oklahoma junior college.

Yeah...But still, this kid has the talent to be great. Some H.S/College pitchers could never dream about throwing a No-No, the fact that this kid has 4 No No's in a row is something special.

Will he be the next Nolan Ryan or even the next Kazmir? Who knows, but one thing is for sure...This kid has a future in baseball and is doing just about everything right inorder to make it to the next level.

Yeah...But still, this kid has the talent to be great. Some H.S/College pitchers could never dream about throwing a No-No, the fact that this kid has 4 No No's in a row is something special.

Will he be the next Nolan Ryan or even the next Kazmir? Who knows, but one thing is for sure...This kid has a future in baseball and is doing just about everything right inorder to make it to the next level.

Not necessarily.

I saw this story and the guy was not even in anyones Top 10, 20 or 50 HS players.

Pedro Martinez never threw a no-no. Neither did that fat POS Roger Clemens. I do not think Johan has either.

His accomplishment is amazing, but my guess is he will be back to being a low level prospect soon.

More likely he is f@cking up his arm and will face plenty of arm problems in the future.

Its a great accomplishment and he should be commended for it, but i would be very worried about his long term success.

then again.. let Tampa waste a pick on him.

Kazmir is great.....but to whomever allowed the Edwin Jackson to Detroit trade - THANK YOU

lol, Edwin Jackson was never a good pitcher for the Rays, never. Yeah, he would have a good game or two but then he would follow it up by losing game after game while giving up 5+ runs like no tomorrow. I'm glad Edwin Jackson is gone because we got Joyce and Edwin Jackson wouldnt have a spot in this rotation come next year anyway with David Price and Wade Davis making their ways up.

Kazmir

Price

Shields

Garza

Davis

Will be one hell of a rotation for years to come. Edwin Jackson had no spot here in St.Pete with the Rays.

Not necessarily.

I saw this story and the guy was not even in anyones Top 10, 20 or 50 HS players.

Pedro Martinez never threw a no-no. Neither did that fat POS Roger Clemens. I do not think Johan has either.

His accomplishment is amazing, but my guess is he will be back to being a low level prospect soon.

QFT.

I believe that he had a very low ranking before this string started, and while this may cause some excitement, and even get him drafted much higher then he should be, it is far from any indicator of future success.

All this proves is the kid is pitching against bad teams.

Give me a break guy...

You do know that H.S Baseball in FLorida is full of some of the best talent in the country right?

This kid pitched 4 No Hitters in a row, thats 108 outs in a row without allowing a single player to get on base...

And all you can say is... "All this proves is the kid is pitching against bad teams"? Dude...Get off your high horse already old man and give the kid some credit because Bob...I wont lie, you have always been that GRUMP that refuses to give credit where credit is due.

Give me a break guy...

You do know that H.S Baseball in FLorida is full of some of the best talent in the country right?

This kid pitched 4 No Hitters in a row, thats 108 outs in a row without allowing a single player to get on base...

And all you can say is... "All this proves is the kid is pitching against bad teams"? Dude...Get off your high horse already old man and give the kid some credit because Bob...I wont lie, you have always been that GRUMP that refuses to give credit where credit is due.

You should this guy in one of your raps.

Archived